Deleted

Vial of the Sands

Just a quick question: anyone knows why the price of Vial of the Sands is dropping since 4.3? Did I miss anything here?

15+ Year Old Account
    supply/demand probably. The demand is low, supply is high, so prices drop.

Deleted
    I doubt it!
    Some people are selling Sands of Time for under 1k gold. There's something wrong... I read somewhere else that it might be related to a vendor dupe.

If it's under the cost of the mats, it's actually a cheat or dupe, and you run the risk of losing the item, or getting suspended...

from what Ive heard its people faking account thefts to get their "stolen" sands of time back. Theyve been selling shitloads of em lately that way.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    If it's under the cost of the mats, it's actually a cheat or dupe, and you run the risk of losing the item, or getting suspended...
    or they server transfered and were over the gold cap, so turned gold into the vendor mats and are selling cheep for quick sales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    or they server transfered and were over the gold cap, so turned gold into the vendor mats and are selling cheep for quick sales.
    Then they would rather transfer and sell the Vial of the Sands, cause that can be used by everyone, which is not the case with the Sands of Time.
    Gold Cap is per character, not per Account... so this also doesn't make sense.

You can't vendor a Vial for quick gold right after you transferred like you can with Sands of Time. Either way it can be a huge loss in gold, but that's the price to transfer more than the cap, esp if you need the gold immediately.

Gold farmers found a way to duplicate Sands of Time, they found a way to duplicate Living Embers when t12 first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    forgive my noobness, why would i get suspended for buying it off of AH? seems like thats blizz's bad not mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by officeaj View Post
    forgive my noobness, why would i get suspended for buying it off of AH? seems like thats blizz's bad not mine.
    You agreed to the terms of conditions, which as a result means you agreed to report rather than indulge in suspicious sales of valuable items. To be blunt, most people would know something was amiss if they saw numerous copies of very valuable items selling for far less than their actual worth.

Deleted
    People sell Vial of the Sands for 25k or less on my Server. I don't buy all the stories with some guy who transfered or needs fast money or whatever. Something is not right here, and no one knows a proper answer. This is happening on more than one server, and I see it for the first time ever. Is it just a coincidence that with the start of patch 4.3 there suddenly are lots of people who transfered and want to get their gold back? I doubt it.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangaza View Post
    they found a way to duplicate Living Embers when t12 first came out.
    i remember getting them from trade for 3-4k each and selling them on the AH for 10k each, 4 or more at once as well... $$$$$$$$$

Deleted
    With patch 4.3 came a vendor duplicate bug, people were able to buy more sands of time then what they payed for. I know people have been banned for doing it so i'm certain blizzard have fixed it as well.

Prices are bound to go back to their normal price in a couple of weeks so if you can afford it, stock up.