Staff and Rerolling

So I am tasked with rerolling for 4.3 I have been a hunter for 7years. This patch hunters are bottom of barrel on dmg. In a guild pushing Heroics I volenteered to reroll so the other 2 hunters could still raid without being benched (being longest hunter in guild). I am gearing up my shadow priest at a VERY fast rate. Is it worth farming FL 1 time a week and working on the staff? I hear it is BiS but I wanted to be sure before I spend 3 months+ getting it (Alt guild run is 6/7 H 25).

Also how are shadow priests feeling about 4.3 and DS. I just went shadow and love it currently 377ilvl and we dont have a raiding shadow priest sooo I have no idea how they fair on dmg.

The staff is bis.

I don't really get why you'd roll a sp for better performance though, we are not bad if we got legendary and di, but a fire mage for example with that would perform a lot better, and so would a lock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest is not really good class to reroll atm, too dependant on DI and Orange, then again it's heroics next week so not like u can just powerlevel and gear Fire Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Shadow Priest is not really good class to reroll atm, too dependant on DI and Orange, then again it's heroics next week so not like u can just powerlevel and gear Fire Mage.
    Sure... if all you care about is ranking on world of logs... spriests can do perfectly wonderful dps without them though.

Unless you competing top 200 world, you're probably safe to play whatever you enjoy. Your dmg output will largely depend on your skill and your knowledge of the encounter and the game. Yes, it's true that some classes and specs have the potential to do more damage than others but these differences are not significant and it assumes all players are playing as efficiently as possible which is rarely ever the case.
    Last edited by Teca; 2011-12-06 at 01:51 AM.

Deleted
    Shadow Priests do fine without legendary but you can pretty much give up trying to get WoL rank if you don't have it. I do feel though that Shadow Priests do need Dark Intent to do comparable DPS to mages at the moment.

I don't understand why a Warlock would be better than a Shadow Priest though. Feels like Warlocks don't scale that well with legendary, at least not Demonology. Don't know about Destruction. I reckon Affliciton should scale pretty well considering the fact that they are similar to Shadow Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Shadow Priests do fine without legendary but you can pretty much give up trying to get WoL rank if you don't have it. I do feel though that Shadow Priests do need Dark Intent to do comparable DPS to mages at the moment.

I don't understand why a Warlock would be better than a Shadow Priest though. Feels like Warlocks don't scale that well with legendary, at least not Demonology. Don't know about Destruction. I reckon Affliciton should scale pretty well considering the fact that they are similar to Shadow Priests.
    Warlocks bring DI, so while their personal dps might not be much higher than a sp, the dps they bring to the raid is. And now with mages being able to play fire they don't need to give it to shadowpriests either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Warlocks bring DI, so while their personal dps might not be much higher than a sp, the dps they bring to the raid is. And now with mages being able to play fire they don't need to give it to shadowpriests either.
    Don't give mages DI, I thought we covered this /sigh
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Don't give mages DI, I thought we covered this /sigh
    Considering OP didn't have any shadowpriests(well, except for him now) it wouldn't be too strange to give it to fire mages, unless they got very few warlocks or a lot of boomkins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good point, maybe I'm just hyperalert now to this mage/DI nonsense - got to nip these rumours in the bud before we're arguing with mages over something they read somewhere on the forums about mages being the best now! ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Why not bring all three and give the DI to the Shadow Priest? You still need a class that gives 5% haste and Shadow Priests are better than Moonkins this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Why not bring all three and give the DI to the Shadow Priest? You still need a class that gives 5% haste and Shadow Priests are better than Moonkins this tier.
    Considering OP's guild had 3 hunters, I'm fairly sure they that are 25 man, and getting all buffs should not be a problem there.

Im not trying to say shadowpriests are bad as we are not, but it still seems a bit silly wanting to reroll to a shadowpriest to min max.

If you are rerolling today in hopes of getting the legendary you will definitely have to do 25 man Heroics. This thing is a B to get. The second phase (1000 cinders) is the part that will keep you with a 378 weapon for weeks on end. Just make sure before you re-roll that you have a dedicated group of people that will take a day (hours really) out of a week to help you attain a staff that will BIS for roughly a year i.e. when MOP is released and a shiny green/blue replaces it. If you really just want a legendary re-roll a rogue, I have a friend that hit 85 two days ago and has the first stage of the daggers,......what a cheap legendary lol.

The daggers will be harder to get and fewer of them as well. The first stage was what is easy about them. The LFR had a bug the first day where rogues could stil l pickpocket Hagara.