Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    From looking at the logs the only thing that becomes glaringly obvious is your Insect Swarm (90%) and Sunfire/Moonfire (86.2% combined) up time is a lil low. This fight can be a lil tricky with making sure your up time times well with phasing in and out of twilight realm.
    Yeah i was meant to talk about that, on the time we killed it was still new to the fight really since i wasnt there for the wiped beforehand so much. Anyways about halfway through the fight i realised that dots were falling off as you phase shift etc, so i started to fix it, i am sure next week i will get more deeps.

Also as i stated, i was slightly laggy, and was also raidleading a new boss with the guild so i'm sure i can push a bit more, but thanks guys for the link to the DI thing, i will try and steal them in raids now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    I've been pulling barely 20k on ultraxion on 10 man that is, with ilvl 378...no idea what's going on :/
    same with my alt moonkin, i got 2 moonkin -_- i love the spec whatever, but until once u reach 2400 haste you will see huge improvement

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    So for single target we should go full haste? i cant see why this is that beneficial seeing as wrath cant be cast faster then the Gcd, it will ofc affect Starfire and starsurge and maybe a slight dps increase, but atm i wont make my next haste cap without more end game gear.

Also i dont know what your talking about with hagara, there are 3 phases, ice, icemovement and electric. But yeah i do also know WOL is quite bugged atm with alot of stuff.
    go check your graphic haha, your dps never been down, impossible to be at 60k dude

On Ultraxion my Rogue alt would probably outDPS my Moonkin, and I currently have the #2 Moonkin log for Ultraxion 10 with a fight duration of more than a minute longer than #1. I'd say that tells you something.

Sorry not to seem like i'm hyjacking the thread (kinda don't want to make another one on the same topic) but i'm having very similar issues with low dps on Ultraxion 25 Normal. (even though WoL does say LFR)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=4447&e=4802
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inial/advanced
    Didn't have T13 2p during the fight, however reading through this and other threads, i can't see why my dps is so low on a single target fight like this. Usually, i'm pulling 30k+ and am usually on top 5 on meters, where as here, i'm only doing just under 27k and 14th out of the 17 dps we had, seems, very odd for me.
    I did try with my 4p t12 (hc legs) as well as with my t13, and pretty much the same fight length same damage output from the raid, however i was a bit lower in t12, so i kept my t13 on.

i realise i could of gotten higher dot uptime, definitely. I had bad fps all fight and even more so towards to the end of the fight where it became almost impossible for me (and most of the raid) to do anything, keep dots up, even cast or use the big heroic will button (a serious fight design flaw for 25 man raiding... oh look suddenly nobody has any fps at all, good luck lol)

Only real other thing i can think of was to put it down to the fps and lag problems that occured, i was trying to hardcast starsurge more during eclipses, however i guess because of the... problems, it kept on casting wrath (more so) than starfire when i was wanting to cast starsurge. And i probably got quite lucky when having fading light and having to use Heroic will that i got a shooting star proc so could insta cast on the way back out.

I even pre-potted every fight, which is unsual for me, i usually just do the single during hero, however it was required as our dps was a little below par.
    uhm... not really sure if there's much else i can really think of, so if anyone could help me out to improve for next time. that'd be great. Thanks

Note: Generally i really don't struggle, having had to taught myself with very little help from other boomkins to ask about stuff and usually although not ranking on WoL for 25N/H Am usually very close to #200.
    On AoE fight, or fights with multiple targets, I don't struggle in the slightest, I really can optimise a chicken on those type of fights. I didn't even struggle that much on Morchuk or whoever, and i was on the crystals running around a lot, pulled around the same level that i did on this fight.
    Last edited by Christhewak; 2011-12-07 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhewak View Post
    Sorry not to seem like i'm hyjacking the thread (kinda don't want to make another one on the same topic) but i'm having very similar issues with low dps on Ultraxion 25 Normal. (even though WoL does say LFR)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=4447&e=4802
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inial/advanced
    Didn't have T13 2p during the fight, however reading through this and other threads, i can't see why my dps is so low on a single target fight like this. Usually, i'm pulling 30k+ and am usually on top 5 on meters, where as here, i'm only doing just under 27k and 14th out of the 17 dps we had, seems, very odd for me.
    I did try with my 4p t12 (hc legs) as well as with my t13, and pretty much the same fight length same damage output from the raid, however i was a bit lower in t12, so i kept my t13 on.

i realise i could of gotten higher dot uptime, definitely. I had bad fps all fight and even more so towards to the end of the fight where it became almost impossible for me (and most of the raid) to do anything, keep dots up, even cast or use the big heroic will button (a serious fight design flaw for 25 man raiding... oh look suddenly nobody has any fps at all, good luck lol)

Only real other thing i can think of was to put it down to the fps and lag problems that occured, i was trying to hardcast starsurge more during eclipses, however i guess because of the... problems, it kept on casting wrath (more so) than starfire when i was wanting to cast starsurge. And i probably got quite lucky when having fading light and having to use Heroic will that i got a shooting star proc so could insta cast on the way back out.

I even pre-potted every fight, which is unsual for me, i usually just do the single during hero, however it was required as our dps was a little below par.
    uhm... not really sure if there's much else i can really think of, so if anyone could help me out to improve for next time. that'd be great. Thanks

Note: Generally i really don't struggle, having had to taught myself with very little help from other boomkins to ask about stuff and usually although not ranking on WoL for 25N/H Am usually very close to #200.
    On AoE fight, or fights with multiple targets, I don't struggle in the slightest, I really can optimise a chicken on those type of fights. I didn't even struggle that much on Morchuk or whoever, and i was on the crystals running around a lot, pulled around the same level that i did on this fight.
    Your major weaknesses are ur weapon and ur haste level, also it sux u bought the balance chest with the token cuz the resto one is BiS and thats pretty much it. Reforge more haste get a better weapon.
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcadius View Post
    Your major weaknesses are ur weapon and ur haste level, also it sux u bought the balance chest with the token cuz the resto one is BiS and thats pretty much it. Reforge more haste get a better weapon.
    27 cinders off the 391 weap, should have it on saturday, i'm pretty down the line in our guild.

what benefit does the 2.4k haste have though, i often use haste food, so in raids im generally at 2.4k, but just getting 2.4k here and testing on dummies, i noticed very very little difference over the 5m damage tests i do?
    Last edited by Christhewak; 2011-12-07 at 02:01 PM.

2400 give u more tick and pretty much make u go to an eclipse and another without your dot falling off

make sure youre dots dont fall off when you phase, and really push it till the last possible second before you hit the button. it cancels casting for you so just keybind your extra action button and dont stop unless you are less than a second away from dieing

Quote Originally Posted by Christhewak View Post
    27 cinders off the 391 weap, should have it on saturday, i'm pretty down the line in our guild.

what benefit does the 2.4k haste have though, i often use haste food, so in raids im generally at 2.4k, but just getting 2.4k here and testing on dummies, i noticed very very little difference over the 5m damage tests i do?
    +90 int is always a better buff for boomkins over +90 haste.

I'm not sure where people are getting the 2400 number from as it isn't close to any of the DOT breakpoints (w/ or w/o NG). It just beats out the extra DOT tick with DI only (2322), but that will typically only affect IS as it is cast first (MF/SF will have NG active). 24.22% haste (3102 rating) is the wrath + NG global cooldown cap (2718 w/ DI) but is very difficult to reach with current gear (though the NG+DI wrath gcd cap may be attainable now).
    Last edited by pacapaca; 2011-12-07 at 09:55 PM.

All right, I don't mean to dig up this thread if that's what I'm doing, but I Googled and this thread has come closer to anything else in nailing down actually useful advice for Ultraxion.

My guild is currently doing Ultraxion 25 (Normal). I don't have the best gear; I came back from a break and had to play catch-up in the tail end of FL. I've played around with WrathCalcs until I hit a profile that seemed to make sense, and it puts me at 32k. I feel like I should be hitting 26-28k on Ultraxion even with our less-than-stellar performance on that fight.

I try to wait until the last second to hit the button. I'm jinxing myself by saying this, but I don't die to the fight mechanics. In fact, I don't think I died at all except for wipes the whole time.

I'm trying to refresh DoTs while they're in eclipse if they're going to fall off during the phasing or if they're not going to make it within 2-3 casts of the next eclipse. I use FoN on the pull and when we're about to hero, I starfall on CD but try to time it with a Lunar eclipse when possible. No matter what I do, it seems like I can't get to the 25k+ mark. My best attempt has been a little over 24k.

Here's my best log from our attempts tonight (I can't link, so you'll have to copy+paste): worldoflogs.com/reports/9ks0v1jr4jxygznn/sum/damageDone/?s=8636&e=8971

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. I don't want to suck.