How to bring back world PvP

1. Make a chest spawn randomly in the world. Put good stuff in it, unique items to start a quest, items to collect to make an awesome weapon/shield/trinket, tons of gold and maybe some other stuff like enchant scrolls. Also when first spawned it can't be looted for 30, 1hr, some time limit
    2. Make a world announcement or city wide announcement when chest is first spawned

Now watch the pvp ensue.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    For me it would be city bosses:

- they give epix or tokens when killed and honor or conquest points, for everyone who is there when he is killed
    - if he is killed, the faction to whom he belongs is punished by +100% repair costs and +100% auction house fees for 1 - 3 hours (they should have an incentive to defend). This faction debuff stacks, if more city bosses are killed.
    - city guard strength and number is automatically balanced around the actual number of persons attacking and defending in the city
    - there are no more "god mode zones", you are attackable by the opposing faction ANYWHERE at ANY GIVEN TIME
    - introduce a high number of achievements (with rewards) for doing different things in enemy capital cities

Why do people always want to have such an incredible high level of security and protection from other players? After all this should be a dangerous world, and it's obvious that this laughable PvE can't provide that. In PvE you are not engaged if you don't engage them, they don't come to you if you don't go to them. Lol at raid bosses, sitting in their instance all day long but claiming world dominance? lol. There is no threat in this world, but let there be some by PvP.

We have almost the year 2012, if they still can't handle big player numbers in a game like wow i don't know what kind of stone age hardware they are using...
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2011-12-06 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    1. Make a chest spawn randomly in the world. Put good stuff in it, unique items to start a quest, items to collect to make an awesome weapon/shield/trinket, tons of gold and maybe some other stuff like enchant scrolls. Also when first spawned it can't be looted for 30, 1hr, some time limit
    2. Make a world announcement or city wide announcement when chest is first spawned

Now watch the pvp ensue.
    Hells to the no.
    It would be won the biggest raid. And what the reward for all that teamwork? ONE person gets loot.
    Being in that mega raid is fun. It's not fun if your not in the biggest raid.

No more super powerful guards would work wonders in bringing back world PvP.
    An incentive to do it would be even better. But this isn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    For me it would be city bosses:

- they give epix or tokens when killed and honor or conquest points, for everyone who is there when he is killed
    - if he is killed, the faction to whom he belongs is punished by +100% repair costs and +100% auction house fees for 1 - 3 hours (they should have an incentive to defend). This faction debuff stacks, if more city bosses are killed.
    - city guard strength and number is automatically balanced around the actual number of persons attacking and defending in the city
    - there are no more "god mode zones", you are attackable by the opposing faction ANYWHERE at ANY GIVEN TIME
    - introduce a high number of achievements (with rewards) for doing different things in enemy capital cities

Why do people always want to have such an incredible high level of security and protection from other players? After all this should be a dangerous world, and it's obvious that this laughable PvE can't provide that. In PvE you are not engaged if you don't engage them, they don't come to you if you don't go to them. Lol at raid bosses, sitting in their instance all day long but claiming world dominance? lol. There is no threat in this world, but let there be some by PvP.

We have almost the year 2012, if they still can't handle big player numbers in a game like wow i don't know what kind of stone age hardware they are using...
    You dont punish pve'ers with auction and repair fees like that. Maybe only the losing people that tried to defend have some kind of debuff but not the whole server.

No matter what you do there wont be world pvp anymore. It's idle of warcraft. Everything is so easy now. Ppl won't even attempt for it.

There could have been increased chance if they had:
    -removed flying mounts
    -removed lfg tools
    -mixed servers
    -changed hardware to allow bigger combats
    -removed arenas

but since these didn't and won't happen, there wont be world pvp anymore. Forget about it. If you are one of the lucky ppl like I am that has seen hillsbrad battles, then remember them and be happy that u were there aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by juggerneat View Post
    There could have been increased chance if they had:
    -removed flying mounts
    -removed lfg tools
    -mixed servers
    -changed hardware to allow bigger combats
    -removed arenas

but since these didn't and won't happen, there wont be world pvp anymore. Forget about it. If you are one of the lucky ppl like I am that has seen hillsbrad battles, then remember them and be happy that u were there aswell.
    Yeah no. Tarren Mill vs Southshore ended on the day battlegrounds were added to the game, years before flying mounts, lfg tools or arenas.

World PvP was the only thing before battlegrounds, that's why people did it. To get it back you need to close down arenas and battlegrounds, then people would again have no choice but to do world pvp. LFG for example has got nothing to do with it, since PvE players don't give rats ass about PvP anyway when they want to do instances.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ agree completely.

first of all OP, i may be ignorant here (coming from only playing on pve realms) but i thought world pvp was the selling point of playing on a pvp-realm? why punish pve'ers for something a vocal minority here on the forums are so passionate about. second of all, as the poster above me mentioned, the introduction of RBGS and arenas have taken a toll on the spontaneity of world pvp. shy of spamming trade for "FOR THE HORDE/ALLIANCE" i just dont see getting getting that many people wanting to particpate in those kind of pvp events.

ahem....any1 remember the isle of quel danas?

we need another one of that daily quest hub.
    even if they reworked the quest adjusting it for the current end game it will bring back world pvp
    i could have stayed in that zone all day....good times
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salpsan View Post
    ahem....any1 remember the isle of quel danas?

we need another one of that daily quest hub.
    even if they reworked the quest adjusting it for the current end game it will bring back world pvp
    i could have stayed in that zone all day....good times
    They gave people Molten Front and people complained about the PvP.

People never seem to like what they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Havent thougth this through, but making a world pvp daily like "Get 5 kills in XYZ Zone" and hope you dont face a 40 man raid when you come on alt...
    World pvp was back for some time when i lvled my enha shaman back in start of cata, got at least 15 kills on the gunboat in Deepholm which is a cool place for world pvp