Deleted

Ordinarily Geared Kitties

Hi fellow kitties and readers
    What mmo champion does in this forum is wonderful but about 8/10 of the material relates to BIS high end gear which is way beyond my level.
    I'll always come to learn stuff here but in reality I need to find discussions that reflect my real level of gear which, although isn't bad, is still far from heroic BIS.
    So I'm wondering if someone could recommend a kitty forum that explores pre heroic gear as much as this one elaborates on high end gear.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Well, what exactly are you looking for?

If you're referring to gear lists for pre-heroic raid content, I'm fairly certain just knocking off the "heroic" from the gear lists and getting the equivalent normal mode loot is where you're aiming. If you're concerned about pre-raid gear for 4.3, loading up on the new 5man 378's, 378 JP items, and 397 valor items is where you want to be. If you're talking about pre-heroic 5man gear, any outdated lists from previous patches will work. As long as you know what secondary stats are desirable to you, picking and choosing amongst the gear available becomes a relatively easy task.

Now, if you're referring to kitty rotations or theorycrafting of that nature, most of it is applicable at any gear level. While certain tier bonuses may make some secondary stats more powerful than pre-set bonus levels or change what a kitty does at certain times, the difference in DPS output when prioritizing certain secondary stats is minimal. I'd say the majority of a player's DPS potential comes down to how they play, rather than discrepancies in how they reforge their gear.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I don't have any heroic gear and never will yet I find the Cat Guide on this forum answers most my questions. Also sites like Loot Rank (for which there is a good link in Cat Guide) help you identify which gear is BiS at any level.

I've been to many forums in many places, and all of them can focus on the non-heroic gear, as well as the Heroic gear, you just need to know what questions to ask good luck in your quest

With LFR there is no reason not to aim for the 384 tier set. Deathwing weapon, crafted legs, Spine trinket, 4xt13, random boss drop darkmoon card style trinket, valor cloak. Not sure about the rest but BiS doesn't really matter a lot if you're not in a position to aim for certain pieces