15+ Year Old Account

Issue with new Wireless adapter.

I recently decided to hook up an old machine in my bedroom so when I get bored late at night I can surf the web. It's a pretty crappy machine, but enough to run Windows and a browser.

Currently, it has a a fully updated version of Windows XP running.

The Issue. I purchased a D-Link Wireless N 150 PCI adapter and installed it. It connects to my network that's using WPA security. I can surf the web perfectly fine, but downloading anything doesn't work.

To further complicate things, when I connect the machine directly to the router using a cable it will download everything just fine. I'm guessing there is some issue with how the wireless has been setup. Normally, I have no issues with any wireless products. The network is good. I have 2 other wireless machines connected, a blu-ray player and a wireless printer as well as my PSP that all work fine. This new machine doesn't want to behave.

I've tried switching from the software that D-Link provides to letting Windows XP control the wireless with no success. It's an odd problem that I cant seem to get around.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hohohoohhahah
    Last edited by Dixie17; 2012-02-02 at 10:06 AM. Reason: i wanted too