Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Why do ppl try to defend those that exploited a bug? so, there is a bug in the game. and someone exploits it? what has history shown us? that they get banned. Why should this be any different? Did Blizz deliver an "unfinnished" game? I still drop from a graphics hole in STV. You dont see me QQing about it cause it happens. Even if it was reported and not fixed still a bug abuse.
    My gmates told me about this and i just told em you know its an exploit there will be consequences and they didnt do it. Simple as that.
    [Forum Trollish]: CAPS MAEK MEH IMPORTANTZ!!!!!!11oneone

  2. #202
    Bloodsail Admiral Antherios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    And... yet, since we shouldn't take it serious - due to a bug that Blizzard let slip through - paying customers are being reprimanded for it?

    I just sit back, with my popcorn, and watch as this arrogant, greedy company loses subs.
    Yeah, oh noes, like 2000 people from top guilds will cancel their subs, wow is going to die for sure.
    God forbid Blizzard to actually punish cheaters, that just show how greedy they are, i mean, they are cheaters but they pay a sub, so they shouldnt be banned right?? right??

  3. #203
    Mechagnome Beyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    507
    You know what this all means right?

    That most of the world first kills probably will be generated by 10m guilds seeing as every 25m guild got themself banned.

    And then follows the inevitable whine about 10m being easier than 25m....

    ....
    ....
    ....

    Please reverse the ban so I can enjoy my 10m content in peace >>

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by zolphinus View Post
    But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

    That is a more accurate analogy in this case.
    More accurate is: you go to the bank to withdraw something from your deposit box and find all the deposit boxes open. So when you take from all the deposit boxes its still your fault.
    [Forum Trollish]: CAPS MAEK MEH IMPORTANTZ!!!!!!11oneone

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Doesn't really matter, they cheated
    Yes, and even with the set backs, the top 10 will basically stay just like it is now. Huge difference is players from the top 10-15 compared to the rest of the players in the top 100, which is why the current top 10 will pretty much be the same, even with a week ban.

  6. #206
    A lot of people in this thread defending these guild's actions are amazing.

    I take it if you took the SATs, cheated and got caught, you'd blame the creators of the test?

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by zolphinus View Post
    But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

    That is a more accurate analogy in this case.
    No. The player has to actively do something to get the extra loot. It is not Blizzard handing out extra loot. Your analogy is flawed, good sir.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    Zolph's analogy is correct - the other guy (Maelstrom51) hasn't got a clue about analogies.
    How is that analogy correct?

    A more accurate analogy would be that you buy said item for $70, and then on your way out you take something else that you didn't pay for.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Meanwhile, millions and millions of players are in-game right now, completely unaware and uncaring of this particular incident. Or world firsts at all.
    Hey melodramocracy I just wanted to fix this for you

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    You know what this all means right?

    That most of the world first kills probably will be generated by 10m guilds seeing as every 25m guild got themself banned.

    And then follows the inevitable whine about 10m being easier than 25m....

    ....
    ....
    ....

    Please reverse the ban so I can enjoy my 10m content in peace >>
    The three top US guilds apparently didn't cheat

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by zolphinus View Post
    But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

    That is a more accurate analogy in this case.
    No, because these people aren't "accidentally" doing the LFR dozens of times for everyone to get their 4set. If the bank gave you money by accident, you wouldn't know it until you got home and checked it. These people doing the LFR very well KNOW what's wrong.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    It doesn't matter if Blizzard don't care about the PTR feedback, they are awesome and I love them forever ♥, even if they are a Zzztam of incompetents.
    Blind people are blind. I am done.

  13. #213
    My guild's tank just got this ban because she was lagging and DCing really badly when we were doing LFR... I don't think she even got extra loot.

  14. #214
    This mail is fake, everyone got trolled hard.

    lololololo

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    My guild's tank just got this ban because she was lagging and DCing really badly when we were doing LFR... I don't think she even got extra loot.
    Good then she will have more time to make me a sandwich (Joking i m joking....)
    [Forum Trollish]: CAPS MAEK MEH IMPORTANTZ!!!!!!11oneone

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Blind people are blind. I am done.
    If you look back in my contributions, I hate the very idea of MoP and will probably be quitting. Also hate the Darkmoon Faire and Molten Front dailies. Boring ass grinds and waste of development time. I can assure you, I am not a blizzard fanboy. I just have morals, unlike some people here.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    Bans were thrown out to those of us that exploited LFR.
    Proof:

    i44.tinypic.com/2i6kwsn.png

    Throwaway account, obviously. I'm ashamed we even tried it, so I'd like to be anonymous. Every one in our guild ended up deleting all of the gear the next day, we got banned anyways. Even people who didn't receive loot, but were in, were banned. My account has no prior issues.
    8d is a perfect suspention time.
    It will remove the advance people had with exploiting, while not being permanent (as it was Blizz' bad in the end).

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    There goes your entire argument.
    Whereas I stand corrected about winning versus rolling, but receiving loot that was left on the boss isn't winning it, either.
    In fact, winning implies that you may continue to do the boss until you roll and obtain an item. I corrected them, because they meant you get to roll on loot once per boss, not win it.

    Which takes us back to my original point, even under the assumption that they wanted you to do a boss and have a *chance* at winning loot (ie, a roll),
    obtaining loot as a result of scraps =/= winning loot.

    I'm trying to be polite and not call you out individually, simply your argument was flawed.
    On a side note, let this be a lesson that the next time you try to call someone out simply to redeem yourself, be sure that you're actually correcting someone with
    accurate and reasonable information. If anything, your rebuttle only supported further what you were arguing against, and that will cost you credibility when you
    attempt to demonstrate your point further into the conversation.

  19. #219
    Sadly, Paragon/Method/Ensidia will still have a great chance to beat these top US guilds, even if a week behind.
    And when it happens, the trolling will begin.

  20. #220
    Brewmaster jibbyjackjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    The Problem all the Casuals here dont understand is that the Bug was found and reported on the PTR (long before the first Release Build) and all Top50 Guilds know what Envy has done in Firelands without any consequences or Blue Post or anything else or other Guilds in ICC or PDOK (=get more Loot in the NormalID via ID Resets like Faction Change)

    Now when 4.3 hits the Live, most of the Top Guilds saw the Loottimestaps on the Armoryfeed by players from one Guild (wont call it here) after they got the LFR Achivement for killing the first four bosses.

    To have a "fair race" most guilds do this without taking / ninjalooting Items from other players. Most of these loot will just be vendort its only good for filling up missing parts (and beleave most of the casual players wont see any different between 4/4 lfr t13 or 4/4 hc t12)

    I just hope these arent Bans just Tempbans for some hours where they delete all gear (fair race again)
    No body gives a shit about your opinion on how casuals are viewing this problem.

    It's asshats like the exploiters that ruin fun things for lots of people.

    I retract my previous statement. Especially if this is a second offense, this should have been a perma ban.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •