Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I actually got a 72 hour ban for this exploit myself apparently. No, I didn't do it on purpose nor at the time did I have any idea what I did was considered an exploit at all.

I cleared the instance with my priest and after the 4th boss the group left. I logged out still in the instance, then latter logged back into the priest to continue playing. When I logged back in, I noticed the boss was still there sparkling with loot on it. I checked it out and it was some piece of mail gear that obviously I couldn't use. I assumed that no one in the raid wanted it and since everyone passed it was up for free grabs so I casually picked it up to vendor for a few 15g or whatever.

I wasn't trying to abuse the system or purposefully exploit myself to having extra gear, but here I am with a stupid ban I feel I don't deserve.

They should have just done the bring 3 mains + 22 alts thing.. considering the amount of time they spend on the game during progression, anyways.

Obvious exploit is an exploit. They'll get whats coming to them. Not that I care if they get banned or not, just saying, they should have used better judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    (Insert unknown guild here) got World First Heroic (insert Dragon Soul Boss here) **************

*None of the best guilds in the world were able to compete cauz they cheated.

What a great tier this is going to be..........
    Fixed for you!

Deleted
    Can anyone definitively confirm this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    the ptr will care alot

faction change abuser dont get anything because they pay and we got this, fucking blizzard sorry that just a big fail, if the 8 days are true, i think a lot of players (not only highend players) will quit forever
    I fail to see how a bunch of cheaters and a bunch of cheaters cheerleaders quitting will in any way hurt the game.

Try this: next time you walk by a car, try the handle. If its unlocked, look for keys. If you find keys, take the car rather than locking the door for them. Then, watch as the police laugh in your face when you explain to them it's the car owners fault. Then, enjoy your irl ban.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.

Actually, the only subs they may lose are from ragers who got banned. You mad bro?

Those who follow progress think this is poetic justice. Those who don't don't care either way.

Enjoy your banhammer.

Next week they'll be killing Deathwing with Elementium Bombs.

I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.
    Yes people exploiting the game and essentially cheating to get gear is making the game better. Dealing with the cheaters will kill the game, right?

Lol vodka world 5th, 1st US is far from a crappy guild, cry more?

Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter View Post
    Can anyone definitively confirm this?

That's a screenshot of my email, what more do you want, me to let you log into my email account? Any screen shots are going to look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    hahaha good one

Deleted
    Lol, nice one.

Edit: @ Elementium bombs, didn't quote for some reason..

If you're in a major sport and take steroids, you get suspended or kicked out because of an unfair advantage.
    I fail to see how this is any different or at all unfair. Guilds that didn't exploit get a week head start. Guilds that cheated get a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing, at least it eliminates the top guilds that were childish enough to exploit from the raid, as they wanted to "avoid RNG"... 8 days might be a bit harsh tho. Guess as soon as their bans wear off they'll be trying to get some heroics down in the last day they can get on if they actually are able to get on before the reset... Ah well, gonna be interesting nonetheless, whether new guilds rise to the top.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest21 View Post
    I actually got a 72 hour ban for this exploit myself apparently. No, I didn't do it on purpose nor at the time did I have any idea what I did was considered an exploit at all.

I cleared the instance with my priest and after the 4th boss the group left. I logged out still in the instance, then latter logged back into the priest to continue playing. When I logged back in, I noticed the boss was still there sparkling with loot on it. I checked it out and it was some piece of mail gear that obviously I couldn't use. I assumed that no one in the raid wanted it and since everyone passed it was up for free grabs so I casually picked it up to vendor for a few 15g or whatever.

I wasn't trying to abuse the system or purposefully exploit myself to having extra gear, but here I am with a stupid ban I feel I don't deserve.
    Personally I would just ring them and plead your case. They will probably let you back in quicker if you try hard enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    That's a screenshot of my email, what more do you want, me to let you log into my email account? Any screen shots are going to look the same.
    I'm not insinuating that you're lying... it's just hard to know who's trolling and who isn't on these forums

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Elementium Bombs, Holy Wrath Chains, Holy Paladins inside of Old God brains with Righteous Fury, Feral druids with 200k dps, blind dragons breathing through walls.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Inc mass suicide from every banned player in Paragon who had their dream of getting world first Heroic Deathwing CRUSHED.
    Lol, you think ppl are going to down Deathwing on Heroic the first week? Man, if that were possible, I'd feel bad for them, having completed the entires expansion's last tier with nothing to look forward to until Panda Expan... This is a pretty epic raid, and I think it'll take a while for any of the top guilds to down it... this is just a handicap to slap them on the wrist and tell them not to cheat. You might see a World First on Deathwing on Normal... but I don't think anyone's going to take him down on Heroic any time soon :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    Good players are still good players, we'll still out-play our competition, a week later or not.

I agree with this. I feel sorry for any one who might accidentally get banned who didn't understand what was going on. It's silly, really, that Blizzard allowed this to happen.
    Blizzard allowed this to happen? Yeah whatever, bugs slip through a release, it happens to the best of games out there, it's the players duty to avoid the temptation of exploiting it to their own selfish gain. Sorry, but no sympathy for people that got 8 days, you knew the consequences, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by flexe View Post
    Lol, nice one.

Edit: @ Elementium bombs, didn't quote for some reason..
    saronite bombs work, not the new things <3

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    Lol, you think ppl are going to down Deathwing on Heroic the first week? Man, if that were possible, I'd feel bad for them, having completed the entires expansion's last tier with nothing to look forward to until Panda Expan... This is a pretty epic raid, and I think it'll take a while for any of the top guilds to down it... this is just a handicap to slap them on the wrist and tell them not to cheat. You might see a World First on Deathwing on Normal... but I don't think anyone's going to take him down on Heroic any time soon :-P
    people will get stuck on ultraxion