Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    Good players are still good players, we'll still out-play our competition, a week later or not.

I agree with this. I feel sorry for any one who might accidentally get banned who didn't understand what was going on. It's silly, really, that Blizzard allowed this to happen.
    Well, that's why it's not a permanent ban.

Don't try and justify your cheating by blaming it on poor design. Yeah, they should have better tested it yadda yadda, but it was still an exploit and against ToS.

You did take a chance, and got caught. Now, either use this as a stepping stone and make a better choice next time, or trip over the same stumbling block and get closer to a perma ban.

No one is to blame but you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    see:

Please stop pretending to know anything about what you're talking about. I'm pissed because I enjoy playing WoW, not because I hate the game. Just because the developers are morons doesn't mean they didn't make a good game. Now go back to clearing 6/7H where you belong please.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 04:01 AM ----------

If you truly think this, I wish for all the help in the world towards your mental state.

uh, why the hostility? i all said was "i think vodka said they reported it." ?? not really sure why you got so uptight about that. someone posted it on here a few days ago i am just repeating it. i have no idea why you quoted me, and your response doesnt even make sense to what i said.

edit: ok i am sorry; i missed the "see" before my quote. thought you was shouting at me for what i said.

Usso taunta usso taunta

usso banneda usso banneda!

Barry Bonds juices, I should be allowed to juice

no balls blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.
    You're right. I quit this game. I told my guild to go blow themselves, no heroic race, no sub from me. Or not...

I don't really think it was a big deal myself, not really banworthy to me. I found it hilarious with all the people getting so upset over it though. :P
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

It is irrelevant whether the bug was previously reported or not. The TOS clearly states that "Using errors in design... to obtain a competitive advantage over other players" is against the rules. Poor design on their part doesn't negate your responsibility to not take advantage, it's written in black and white.

Good, anyone who got a ban deserved it.

inb4 we find out blizzard didn't ban the top guilds and we go back to the whole swifty favoritism debate.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Hah. This is a nice time for popcorn.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

lol what an interesting world first race we are gonna have for this time!
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.
    Yes. I will for surely cancel my subscription because the top guilds in the world got banned. It is such an outra-

I can't finish, it's just too funny how some of you think this game is THAT serious. In the world of video games, WoW isn't very important. Do you know why? It's because killing a boss with 10 or 25 people isn't impressive, even on Heroic. I mean, seriously, it's a scripted event, why would it be that hard? Every single Heroic boss that gets released is basically Bowser from Super Mario Bros., only it takes 10 or 25 Mario's to time their run perfectly and run under him and hit the axe to drop the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    see:

Please stop pretending to know anything about what you're talking about. I'm pissed because I enjoy playing WoW, not because I hate the game. Just because the developers are morons doesn't mean they didn't make a good game. Now go back to clearing 6/7H where you belong please.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 04:01 AM ----------

If you truly think this, I wish for all the help in the world towards your mental state.

A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Does anybody on the planet play WOW to follow the progress of guilds they aren't in ? Would anybody quit the game because Paragon didn't get a world 1st?

That's about the most pathetic thing i've heard in my life if true.

Besides it seems most if not all the top guilds did this and they are normally weeks ahead of the competition for world 1st anyway...
    Your life must suck then? Honestly, if that is the most pathetic thing you've ever heard, then you must sit at your computer playing WoW all day.

I should have said:

I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. The guilds getting world firsts will be the ones that were too chicken to attempt the exploit in order to stay with the other guilds that started doing it in the first place. *cough euros cough* Honestly, they should have been the only ones banned and the other people should have just had their gear taken away. Blizzard decided they wanted to make this the worst content patch in the history of WoW, though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    Anyways, SWTOR comes out in 8 days, if I like the break I'll probably just cancel my sub and give it a shot.
    Except it's 15 days, not 8. The release date is the 20th. (Or somewhere between the 15th and 20th, if you pre-ordered - in which case, it's still 10-15 days, not 8.)
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Inc mass suicide from every banned player in Paragon who had their dream of getting world first Heroic Deathwing CRUSHED.
    Like 8 days is going to stop them? lol

They'll still probably get world first 25 DW.

Your logic.. it has none.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    (Insert unknown guild here) got World First Heroic (insert Dragon Soul Boss here) **************

*None of the best guilds in the world were able to compete.

What a great tier this is going to be..........
    Because Paragon hasn't been 1+ weeks ahead of everyone the past few tiers, right? An unknown guild is not going to get world first, they might be a week closer than they ordinarily would be, but they'll still be a month behind the top 5 or so.

I actually got a 72 hour ban for this exploit myself apparently. No, I didn't do it on purpose nor at the time did I have any idea what I did was considered an exploit at all.

I cleared the instance with my priest and after the 4th boss the group left. I logged out still in the instance, then latter logged back into the priest to continue playing. When I logged back in, I noticed the boss was still there sparkling with loot on it. I checked it out and it was some piece of mail gear that obviously I couldn't use. I assumed that no one in the raid wanted it and since everyone passed it was up for free grabs so I casually picked it up to vendor for a few 15g or whatever.

I wasn't trying to abuse the system or purposefully exploit myself to having extra gear, but here I am with a stupid ban I feel I don't deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Does anybody on the planet play WOW to follow the progress of guilds they aren't in ? Would anybody quit the game because Paragon didn't get a world 1st?

That's about the most pathetic thing i've heard in my life if true.

Besides it seems most if not all the top guilds did this and they are normally weeks ahead of the competition for world 1st anyway...
    There will always been a king, what the king's name is, is ever changing. I have no worries about that part for sure. I'm glad there was a heavy hand here, this is was a very bold exploit for these guilds to make. The amont of work they did to work around the FAQ of the LFR, shakes my head. Ah well. Life/WoW moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck View Post
    Like 8 days is going to stop them? lol

They'll still probably get world first 25 DW.
    Honestly, I think so too. Especially since most of the top 10 guilds are getting banned, and Paragon is usually MILES ahead of everyone else. 1 week won't stop them from getting world first DW.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Yes. I will for surely cancel my subscription because the top guilds in the world got banned. It is such an outra-

I can't finish, it's just too funny how some of you think this game is THAT serious. In the world of video games, WoW isn't very important. Do you know why? It's because killing a boss with 10 or 25 people isn't impressive, even on Heroic. I mean, seriously, it's a scripted event, why would it be that hard? Every single Heroic boss that gets released is basically Bowser from Super Mario Bros., only it takes 10 or 25 Mario's to time their run perfectly and run under him and hit the axe to drop the bridge.
    Reading comprehension. If I was combing the first statement with statement two, then I would have used a semi-colon, but instead, I made it into two separate sentences. The people cancelling subscriptions are the people getting 8 days; this will therefore kill the game because there are going to be tons of people from the top 100 guilds quitting the game. After this, it will not be fun when it comes down to the world first race.