Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A lot of people in this thread defending these guild's actions are amazing.

I take it if you took the SATs, cheated and got caught, you'd blame the creators of the test?

Quote Originally Posted by zolphinus View Post
    But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

That is a more accurate analogy in this case.
    No. The player has to actively do something to get the extra loot. It is not Blizzard handing out extra loot. Your analogy is flawed, good sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    Zolph's analogy is correct - the other guy (Maelstrom51) hasn't got a clue about analogies.
    How is that analogy correct?

A more accurate analogy would be that you buy said item for $70, and then on your way out you take something else that you didn't pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Meanwhile, millions and millions of players are in-game right now, completely unaware and uncaring of this particular incident. Or world firsts at all.
    Hey melodramocracy I just wanted to fix this for you

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    You know what this all means right?

That most of the world first kills probably will be generated by 10m guilds seeing as every 25m guild got themself banned.

And then follows the inevitable whine about 10m being easier than 25m....

Please reverse the ban so I can enjoy my 10m content in peace >>
    The three top US guilds apparently didn't cheat

But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

No, because these people aren't "accidentally" doing the LFR dozens of times for everyone to get their 4set. If the bank gave you money by accident, you wouldn't know it until you got home and checked it. These people doing the LFR very well KNOW what's wrong.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    It doesn't matter if Blizzard don't care about the PTR feedback, they are awesome and I love them forever ♥, even if they are a Zzztam of incompetents.
    Blind people are blind. I am done.

My guild's tank just got this ban because she was lagging and DCing really badly when we were doing LFR... I don't think she even got extra loot.

Deleted
    This mail is fake, everyone got trolled hard.

lololololo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    My guild's tank just got this ban because she was lagging and DCing really badly when we were doing LFR... I don't think she even got extra loot.
    Good then she will have more time to make me a sandwich (Joking i m joking....)

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Blind people are blind. I am done.
    If you look back in my contributions, I hate the very idea of MoP and will probably be quitting. Also hate the Darkmoon Faire and Molten Front dailies. Boring ass grinds and waste of development time. I can assure you, I am not a blizzard fanboy. I just have morals, unlike some people here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwawayokay View Post
    Bans were thrown out to those of us that exploited LFR.
    Proof:

i44.tinypic.com/2i6kwsn.png

Throwaway account, obviously. I'm ashamed we even tried it, so I'd like to be anonymous. Every one in our guild ended up deleting all of the gear the next day, we got banned anyways. Even people who didn't receive loot, but were in, were banned. My account has no prior issues.
    8d is a perfect suspention time.
    It will remove the advance people had with exploiting, while not being permanent (as it was Blizz' bad in the end).

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    There goes your entire argument.
    Whereas I stand corrected about winning versus rolling, but receiving loot that was left on the boss isn't winning it, either.
    In fact, winning implies that you may continue to do the boss until you roll and obtain an item. I corrected them, because they meant you get to roll on loot once per boss, not win it.

Which takes us back to my original point, even under the assumption that they wanted you to do a boss and have a *chance* at winning loot (ie, a roll),
    obtaining loot as a result of scraps =/= winning loot.

I'm trying to be polite and not call you out individually, simply your argument was flawed.
    On a side note, let this be a lesson that the next time you try to call someone out simply to redeem yourself, be sure that you're actually correcting someone with
    accurate and reasonable information. If anything, your rebuttle only supported further what you were arguing against, and that will cost you credibility when you
    attempt to demonstrate your point further into the conversation.

Sadly, Paragon/Method/Ensidia will still have a great chance to beat these top US guilds, even if a week behind.
    And when it happens, the trolling will begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    The Problem all the Casuals here dont understand is that the Bug was found and reported on the PTR (long before the first Release Build) and all Top50 Guilds know what Envy has done in Firelands without any consequences or Blue Post or anything else or other Guilds in ICC or PDOK (=get more Loot in the NormalID via ID Resets like Faction Change)

Now when 4.3 hits the Live, most of the Top Guilds saw the Loottimestaps on the Armoryfeed by players from one Guild (wont call it here) after they got the LFR Achivement for killing the first four bosses.

To have a "fair race" most guilds do this without taking / ninjalooting Items from other players. Most of these loot will just be vendort its only good for filling up missing parts (and beleave most of the casual players wont see any different between 4/4 lfr t13 or 4/4 hc t12)

I just hope these arent Bans just Tempbans for some hours where they delete all gear (fair race again)
    No body gives a shit about your opinion on how casuals are viewing this problem.

It's asshats like the exploiters that ruin fun things for lots of people.

I retract my previous statement. Especially if this is a second offense, this should have been a perma ban.

I saw DREAM Paragon's website and they posted up an explanation for using the LFR Exploit.
    They basically said "that everyone else was using it, so we didn't want to be behind"
    Meh, I find it funny that one of the WoW's top raiding guild's feels that way.

The only good thing that will come out of this is that "we've seen the fall of the elite"
    as it gives a chance for other guilds like Blood Legion & Vodka a chance to get their names up there.

This wont stop them from exploiting 5.0.

GG Blizz, anything to keep those subs.

Well, no, not really. Nothing was HANDED to them. It was TAKEN. And actually it's pretty complicated : you had to set the loot to Master Loot, then Disconnect during the boss fight a few seconds before it dies, and then log back in, so you were manually put back into the master looter's list (it's more or less that). I don't really see how it could be blizzard accidentally handing out additional loot =P

A more accurate analogy than yours (which was more of an anal-logic) would be you putting your card in the ATM, enter your code, withdraw 70, immediately remove your card by using a screwdriver to trigger a bug, then put quickly the card back into said ATM and withdraw 30 more dollars. You have 100, but the last 30 are not billed from your account. That's not the bank handing you 30$ by mistake, well, at least in a logic/normal world.

Whereas I stand corrected about winning versus rolling, but receiving loot that was left on the boss isn't winning it, either.
    In fact, winning implies that you may continue to do the boss until you roll and obtain an item. I corrected them, because they meant you get to roll on loot once per boss, not win it.
    The key word in the passage isn't "winning" its "eligible."

blood legion has 6 raid groups with mains divided in them for gear.

vodka....has 2 at the most =P, yet still beats blood legion when it matters.

btw....nodozz is still mad at me i think.