Thread: Old God?

Deleted

Old God?

I have no clue what 4.3 brought us, as I quit WoW like 4 months ago because it became rather boring.

Since 4.3 is "probably" the last patch... when will we actually see an old God? I could remember they kinda... claimed there was one...

Deleted
    they said N'zoth is the one controlling deathwing, but i think they said we wont actually encounter him in cata, so he may make an appearance in mop. i hope he does, because where theres old gods there is titans, and i love the lore that goes with it all.

Seem they keep it for later... Even if 2 boss (if not more) into Dragon Soul raid are directly linked to N'Zoth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I have no clue what 4.3 brought us, as I quit WoW like 4 months ago because it became rather boring.

Since 4.3 is "probably" the last patch... when will we actually see an old God? I could remember they kinda... claimed there was one...
    There are heavy references within the second and third boss in Dragonsoul, not much else apart from that though. Just hope they won't make him a Hallion-style boss inbetween addons.

Maybe he sits right beneath Pandaria :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sokrana View Post
    There are heavy references within the second and third boss in Dragonsoul, not much else apart from that though. Just hope they won't make him a Hallion-style boss inbetween addons.

Maybe he sits right beneath Pandaria :P
    This, pandaria sounds a lot like a island from H.P. Lovecraft that holds on it a pandora's box of sorts that allows for porting to several different worlds. I can see us finding this portal, fighting the last old god for it's possession then going and kicking Sargeras' ass, end of story. Think of the bifrost from norse mythology
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is an Old God, called it, just you watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Jaina is an Old God, called it, just you watch.
    That would break my heart... in the old days when I took a boat to Theramore Island I always... errrr... visited her before going to Onyxia

So the conclusion can be: The tire is flat... but not really flat there's still air in it? <-- doesn't make sense, 5:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This, pandaria sounds a lot like a island from H.P. Lovecraft that holds on it a pandora's box of sorts that allows for porting to several different worlds. I can see us finding this portal, fighting the last old god for it's possession then going and kicking Sargeras' ass, end of story. Think of the bifrost from norse mythology
    This sounds vastly better than what they are going to write.

You guys do know there are 3 Old Gods left right? We only know of N'zoth. Also, C'thun and Yogg are not even dead! Only their avatars were killed.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    This sounds vastly better than what they are going to write.
    Unfortunatly, ya. You should have heard my theory o the infinite dragonflight

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    You guys do know there are 3 Old Gods left right? We only know of N'zoth. Also, C'thun and Yogg are not even dead! Only their avatars were killed.
    Yogg wont be a problem, and Medan killed C'thun forever
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. A couple of N'Zoth's goons showed up, and Deathwing sort've becomes this amorphous, mutated blob-dragon lava-monster, but on Old God's have put in a personal appearance.

Frankly, I'm a little glad - this expansion hasn't been everything I'd hoped an Old God related expansion would be, and I don't think N'Zoth deserves to be taken out just yet - they seem to be building him into the biggest and baddest of the Great Old Ones. We'll see him further down and the road, after his legend has been sufficiently built up.

And Deathwing actually makes a pretty decent Old God-esque enemy encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It'd be all too early to face the 'last old god' in MoP, theres except N'zoth atleast still 2 other old gods we don't know about.