kitty druid/rogue on Ultraxion...

Hey guys, I was wondering about something in the Ultraxion encounter.

I saw throughout alot of strats most people stay grouped up in the encounter. I was wondering when it comes to feral kitties or rogues (since they need to dpsing from behind). How does some players handle this situation.

Would love to hear some responses to this.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    combat can actually dps adequately from in front due to capping expertise. So not all specs of rogue are punished as severely...but yes i see your point and i wish they would do what they did on a few bosses in vanilla and make them count as behind from the front.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing you can do about it.. You have to be in front, The boss does not parry so you do not have to worry about your expertise, but other then that, there is nothing you can do about it.

Ultraxion cannot parry attacks.

Deleted
    on ptr at least he had a debuff so that people always was "behind" him.

15+ Year Old Account
    He has a debuff that stops him from parrying, but afaik it still doesn't count as being behind for attacks that require being behind, at least according to the feral druid I did it with this week.

It's retarded and you should let blizzard know that it isn't acceptable, they force three specs to either respec or be completetly useless. You used to be able to backstab and shred him on the PTR but they removed it for some stupid random reason I'm not even sure they know themselves. Maybe if enough people complain they can put it back in before it's too late (it is too late already pretty much though)

Deleted
    Just a quick question. Does Killing Spree work?

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    He has a debuff that stops him from parrying, but afaik it still doesn't count as being behind for attacks that require being behind, at least according to the feral druid I did it with this week.
    Yes, that is correct, you can't in any circumstances get behind for shred/backstabbing Ultraxion.

Deleted
    No backstabs for me on 35% HP... sad rogue

Quote Originally Posted by KillerLoop View Post
    Very sad rogue here too...
    Thats usually when I pull past everyone else in the group on DPS
    I'll be top 3-4 then I can pull ahead due to how fast I start pumping everything out then...
    (Especially since I'm starting to win my guild over on saving Hero for around 38% down from 50% to maximize my uptime on epic dps)

Quote Originally Posted by KillerLoop View Post
    Dude! Grrr i dont even...
    Ferals can't even use our mainattack shred and have to use mangle instead. If we would compare that to ass rogues, then you should use sinister strike instead of mutilate.
    Think about that a second and maybe you can feel sorry for ferals instead of QQ about your execute phase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Just a quick question. Does Killing Spree work?
    After reading EJ they saying it does. Didnt check it myself yet.

OT: Two days ago I‘ve done 22k+ as Sub rogue. Hemo glyph is the way and standart rotation without ShS (you will fall down).

If you are on Ultraxion, you probably have your stage one daggers. Just go combat and do 33k instead of 22k as sub.

Deleted
    Don't know about ultraxion but on MoD you are always counted as "behind" the boss. I am shredding like crazy on him.

Still, after the change on the shred glyph you lose like 1-2k dps which is not that big of a deal. If u ordy have 2/5 set bonus it doesn't rly matter if u are behind or not. Mangle does a little less dmg not that much

Unfortunately this happens sometimes. Not everyone can have EVERY fight cater to their spec or class. If every boss were Patchwerk things would be worse.