Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Brilliant DB. Also: Let the games begin!

the wow armory only show 6 bosses in LFR are you sure that the second half being released is not only of 2 bosses (ultra and loot ship #2), cant remember where i read but i thought they were not making deathwing's weapons available in LFR at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kakle View Post
    the wow armory only show 6 bosses in LFR are you sure that the second half being released is not only of 2 bosses (ultra and loot ship #2), cant remember where i read but i thought they were not making deathwing's weapons available in LFR at least for now.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/dra...s-of-deathwing

i know it exists in game files but don't you find it odd if you look up your character progression it shows 4/6 or 6/6(if you did the others in normal), I was a little vague i meant your character on armory, sorry.

I guess we will find out soon enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha! Hopefully a few Paragon members got the 8 day bans.

Quote Originally Posted by good diu bro View Post
    Here we come, classic skill vs gear argument (again).
    So, pwning new comers with gear to you is very skillful, hmm?

Oh yea, getting "gladiator" doesnt require ratings too, all you need to do is get into the top 1%.
    0.5% actually, so excited to be able to start running real pvp again and not be farming regular BG's for conq cap like this week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdontroll View Post
    not allowing the top guilds to compete for world 1st by banning their players is such a lame move, they had plenty of PTR time to find bugs.. and its such an obvious bug they basically baited these guilds to exploit it. Its like a big red button in the middle of the screen that says DO NOT PUSH. What the hell were they expecting?

Yeah with this logic, I guess the candy that you see in the isle's of a grocery store is so obvious, and just baiting you to steal it right, but hmmm, I wonder what would happen if you got caught doing it, when it was clear that you knew you weren't supposed to.

I guess, since they didn't have the candy properly secured, its ok.

Deleted
    I just to want to know why they are banning people? Maybe they can't still make good code for game. Just Like Ensidia, using at Lich King couple of bombs. Tops guilds can s*ck my d*ck. If coder's cant do they're jobs when game is at beta face then it's they're problem. If beta face is over and then ban people for using such nice game mechanics then it's they're porblem. Not us who are paying this. Sorry for saying this but when blizzard ban me for clever mechanics then they can kiss my lawyer's ass

Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    I wonder if the daily blink is hilarious?

Bans aren't official yet. I want to see an official announcement first
    Go read Paragons official statement on their bans. It's official.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1983...-in-top-guilds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duua View Post
    wtb weapon models for s11
    Chaud Already mentioned it http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Weapon-Models

Deleted
    Paragon and Method can cry me a river. Top guilds using this thing, no way :O This is shocking to me. Why they are doing this even they know that you can loot only one time LFR boss? Even i did that. Doing those raid's drunk and never thought that. Many bosses i downed, 4 times all 4 bosses, get my loot and passed cause i know that. Thank god that they got banned It was sayd that everyone that kill LFR boss, you can get only one loot at boss. If you don't get one then bad luck. Sorry that i'm saying this but get glasses and start reading

Why does the Tier 9 Alliance cloth look so much cooler in the concept art?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifear View Post
    I just to want to know why they are banning people? Maybe they can't still make good code for game. Just Like Ensidia, using at Lich King couple of bombs. Tops guilds can s*ck my d*ck. If coder's cant do they're jobs when game is at beta face then it's they're problem. If beta face is over and then ban people for using such nice game mechanics then it's they're porblem. Not us who are paying this. Sorry for saying this but when blizzard ban me for clever mechanics then they can kiss my lawyer's ass
    Not sure if serious...

Blizzard owns this game and everything in it, if they wanted to, they could ban you right now if they liked and you couldnt do shit about it, so yeah, go ahead and spend all the money you want on your precious lawyers, it wont get you anywhere.

And you will be laughed right out of court. Their terms of service covers exploits and their right to suspend your service if you are exploiting.

Deleted
    Liania When they banned for my friend for nothing, he called for consumer's protection. Couple of hours later, he got he's accound back up and official Blizzard apology. So even Blizzard know when they are in s*it. And i don't live in USA where they sue people for nothing

Deleted
    Exploiting bugs is against the rules you are supposed to read before logging in. Stfu and take your ban without whining, cheater.

Especially top guilds who keep themselves up to date KNOW LFR was supposed to be 1 time per boss only. Also, don't whine about ban durations, making it 7 days would make no one care because you'd be unbanned for HC raiding and world rankings. 8 days actually hurts. Good job, Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc94162f50f7; 2011-12-06 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    So this sucks, i pay, if i exploid on their ground. They will be banned me. Sorry for this, little drunk. I will be checking this later Pedigrii and Liania

Liania When they banned for my friend for nothing, he called for consumer's protection. Couple of hours later, he got he's accound back up and official Blizzard apology. So even Blizzard know when they are in s*it. And i don't live in USA where they sue people for nothing
    If you exploit, completely disregarding the terms of service you agree to, you absolutely will not win the suit. You would be wasting your money.

It's easy to pass judgment on these guys. That was my knee-jerk reaction, as well. "FOUL! These hacks are pros?! That's how you get number 1? You cheat?!"

But, really, this situation is so much more complex than it's face value components. Good vs. Evil, Right vs. Wrong. Concepts that are ultimately perception and open to interpretation. You have to look at this from a competitive point of view, not just as a White Knight of the Forum Collective. All of these guilds knew that what they were doing was wrong and, at least in Paragon's case, expected to get some form of reprimand for having done so. Hell, they openly stated that they hoped Blizzard would react severely by setting a standard of, "hey, we're not going to tolerate this behavior" so that, in essence, their joining in on an exploit that was meant to level a competitive playing field would yield the same results in the aftermath for all involved. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place and in this situation the moral high-ground wasn't the clearest path.

They have sponsors and fans and community sites following their progress and measuring them against each other on an hour by hour basis. I'm sure that kind of pressure didn't help their decision-making process much. These guys are competitive players and you can't expect them to be 100% perfect all the time especially when you're in a situation like this, one with so many variables working against you. By that same token, yes, they should have known better and set a good example, but this is an unrealistic and naive assertion given the circumstance.

Now, let me be clear. I'm in no way endorsing what these guys did. It -was- wrong of them to cheat. That much is clear and, again, Paragon admitted as much and stated that (at least for them) they'd gladly accept whatever punishment comes their way and I'm sure a few of the other guilds feel the same way (maybe). This will set a precedent going forward that if you're found to be exploiting Blizzard are not just going to pass out 72 hour bans anymore. They're going to wreck your raiding progress for the next week and put the dunce cap on your head and make an example of you.

As for me, I just had to ask myself after really looking at the situation what I would have done or at least tried to understand how they could have come to the decision they did and the justification for doing so. All of these guilds knew that they had to make a risky game decision that would result in either A) getting away with it and coming out ahead or B) everyone would get the hammer for doing so and the playing field would be leveled.

So guys, please try to look at this from their point of view, too. It's easy to just raise your moral hammer and slam it down thusly without having been in that situation yourself under that kind of pressure. I'm not saying it was right, but I don't think I have the right to gauge how I would have reacted in a scenario I've never been in.