First time raiding as holy, LF someone to nitpick my log.

I was disc for the rest of the bosses. (And did pretty terrible) This was literally the first time I have raided as holy, not even LFR. I was quite pleased with how I did, however I am sure there were some mistakes, and I am happy to have them pointed out.

My main is a holy paladin, so PoH spam was pretty much my default action after HR spam for that char :P

xhttp:/x/tinyuxrl.cxom/7xscz8zl

Please just remove all "x" from the link...would not let me post otherwise since it was my first time here on these forums! If someone could repost it for me it would be great!

Looking at the log it seems fine, i don't really raid 10mans but it seems to look fine.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11347&e=12117

So people can click it

Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    Looking at the log it seems fine, i don't really raid 10mans but it seems to look fine.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11347&e=12117

So people can click it

Thank you for the real link, was having trouble getting the non-x one to work...it all seems fine!

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First fight you used renew more then g heal... Try to not do that again. Were you using power infusion/pain sup/aoe bubble ? If no, you have to!

Looking at buff gain i see you have heartsong and not power torrent? Why? Intellect is king for every healer but more for disc. Idk if you have an add on for your rapture proc, if no, get ingela rapture.

So if you are on moonguard, i just armory you and... erm, you have a shadow glyph in holy spec... you just forgot since you were in a hurry, its all good. Imo, remove renew glyph for lightwell. Put circle of healing instead of the shadow one :P.

With the healing i saw on mad, i think you shouldn't spec into rapid renewal and the other renew thingy before. Im using blessed resilience since i startd t11 heroic content and i cant remove it now, addicted. I think it makes a real difference.Body'n'soul no? why . Utility spell i agree but can be very handy in many situation when you or others raiders need to move to somewhere in a hurry.

I only see madness of DW with you in holy. I see you dropped a lightwell, very good, but in healing taken i dont see that you clicked once . lightwell is super op, yes, SUPER op, click it. I made a macro /emote blondiezirl have put down a CLICKwell.I see you were using DH , good job . ( NVM i saw you clicked it my bad, CLICK IT MOARRRR )

On an other note, try to time your shadowfiend+hymn of hope with a power torrent proc. Idk if you are a tailor, if yes, an other proc to watch before sending your pet and channeling your HoH
    Last edited by Loriginalediscipline; 2011-12-06 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added more stuff, sorry for all the typo im a god damn frenchie.
    lor

Quote Originally Posted by Loriginalediscipline View Post
    Yeah looking good. First fight you used renew more then g heal... Try to not do that again. Were you using power infusion/pain sup/aoe bubble ? If no, you have to!

Looking at buff gain i see you have heartsong and not power torrent? Why? Intellect is king for every healer but more for disc. Idk if you have an add on for your rapture proc, if no, get ingela rapture.

So if you are on moonguard, i just armory you and... erm, you have a shadow glyph in holy spec... you just forgot since you were in a hurry, its all good. Imo, remove renew glyph for lightwell. Put circle of healing instead of the shadow one :P.

With the healing i saw on mad, i think you shouldn't spec into rapid renewal and the other renew thingy before. Im using blessed resilience since i startd t11 heroic content and i cant remove it now, addicted. I think it makes a real difference.Body'n'soul no? why . Utility spell i agree but can be very handy in many situation when you or others raiders need to move to somewhere in a hurry.

I only see madness of DW with you in holy. I see you dropped a lightwell, very good, but in healing taken i dont see that you clicked once . lightwell is super op, yes, SUPER op, click it. I made a macro /emote blondiezirl have put down a CLICKwell.I see you were using DH , good job . ( NVM i saw you clicked it my bad, CLICK IT MOARRRR )

On an other note, try to time your shadowfiend+hymn of hope with a power torrent proc. Idk if you are a tailor, if yes, an other proc to watch before sending your pet and channeling your HoH

I was only holy for one fight, the madness, and the second attempt :P

The priest is my alt, so I have bad professions and the like, and I just personally prefer heartsong on my priest over power torrent :P All my glyphs were fine for the fight, I checked just before and they were all fine, must be an armory bug. I used lightwell much much much more then one time, and divine hymn..three-four times I believe.

The renew talents probably are not really needed, I honestly was probably casting renews as we jumped between platforms just to keep my trinket stacks up :P

Body and Soul is nice, but I never really saw the point in it for any of these fights; specifically madness, there is no real reason to ever NEED it over anything else :P

And yeah I was power infusioning the mage on most fights actually, and I know to use pain sup/barrier when I am disc. (the paladin healer is our main priest healer, and I am our main paladin healer, so its a role reversal type, I pay attention to when he does things in the main raid)

I think I need to use binding heal more personally, one time the entire fight seems a bit low..but the only situation it is just me and another person taking damage is if I am standing behind someone on the big tentacle, or if another person and I get the shrapnel in p2.
    Last edited by Auguine; 2011-12-06 at 07:53 PM.

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good, happy to see you didnt see my post as an insult or an attempt to laugh at you ( because it is not ), only giving my opinion.

Yeah, sorry for the lightwell i looked fast the first time, i saw you were using it. Stupid armory bug... i swear i see a shadow glyph, but hey im going to trust you if you say you didnt have it. Anyone else think that DH is now the best healing cd in the game for PVE ?

For body and soul, we'll see in heroic but im confident i wont regret it, at least try it to see ( maybe not in prog night but in farming night at least )

Ask your buddy paladin to give you pro hint, im sure he will be happy, plus it wont be in a scrappy english like me,haha. I dont use binding heal often but i use it more then you yes :P. It give us stack of serenity so why not!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n18u9jg2yqhsk4sq/ here a link to our 3 last boss kill. DW fight appears as wipe but we killed that bastard.
    Last edited by Loriginalediscipline; 2011-12-06 at 08:04 PM.
    lor

Your 3 healers had about as much HPS as our two (myself as Disc and a Resto-Sham/Druid [rotated them out]) healers. We 1-tanked it as well. Perhaps your raid was taking more damage? What was your platform order?

To clarify a bit, we started off 3 healing. Resto-Sham, me as Holy, and Resto Druid. Shaman and I were neck and neck for HPS, but Druid was always well below us. So we swapped to 2 heals (still 2 tanks at this point, but I went Disc), and weren't quite getting it. Changed up our platform order a bit and went to 1 tank and finally got it.

Raid differences aside, I see you're not using Binding Heal a lot (you used it once). It's almost always worth casting in between PoH/CoH once the AoE damage comes out, and your Holy Sanc isn't as high as mine was when we were 3 healing (How clumped up does your raid stay? Are you casting it often?). Also saw some Holy:Serenity hits; why do you feel the need to Chakra swap? 3 healing, we just let the Shaman handle the tanks (you have a Paladin) so I could conserve mana a bit (Druid handled the Crush targets mostly with me spotting a bit with Heal).

Obviously what you did worked, but again, my raid having 2 healers (1 tank) and producing similar HPS numbers as your 3 healers (1 tank) raid makes me wonder if you guys can't make things easier on yourselves.

This was our third alt run of the week on deathwing, we are nowhere near as well geared (And in my case especially skilled at the alt classes) so we had to 1 tank/three heal it. We probably could have two healed it but it was getting late and we wanted to try it that way.

I chakra swap on the big tentacles, since there is no aoe damage going on at all, and serenity does extremely well for healing the big tentacle hits with the crit buff.

We killed ysera, alexstrazsa, time dragon, then whatever the last one is, in that order (Sorry I cannot recall there names to well)

But yeah I always seem to forget to use binding heal, but I did not see to many situations that I could have used it, when a PoH would not have been better (Entire group taking damage)

We are clumped when we are on the hands, spread when tentacle is up, and somewhat spread for p2 when dps'ing the other small tentacles, but grouped when dps'ing deathwing himself. I was Sanc on CD during aoe phases pretty much.

I felt chakra swapping was very nice for the tentacle phase; but I guess I could have been wrong? I mean it did not seem to hurt at all, and there was no aoe damage so why not? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    This was our third alt run of the week on deathwing, we are nowhere near as well geared (And in my case especially skilled at the alt classes) so we had to 1 tank/three heal it. We probably could have two healed it but it was getting late and we wanted to try it that way.

I chakra swap on the big tentacles, since there is no aoe damage going on at all, and serenity does extremely well for healing the big tentacle hits with the crit buff.

We killed ysera, alexstrazsa, time dragon, then whatever the last one is, in that order (Sorry I cannot recall there names to well)

But yeah I always seem to forget to use binding heal, but I did not see to many situations that I could have used it, when a PoH would not have been better (Entire group taking damage)

We are clumped when we are on the hands, spread when tentacle is up, and somewhat spread for p2 when dps'ing the other small tentacles, but grouped when dps'ing deathwing himself. I was Sanc on CD during aoe phases pretty much.

I felt chakra swapping was very nice for the tentacle phase; but I guess I could have been wrong? I mean it did not seem to hurt at all, and there was no aoe damage so why not? :P
    Eh, wasn't specifically saying Chakra swapping was "wrong" per se, I just never felt the need to personally as, like I said, I used the "tentacle phase" as a short regen period for myself, with some spot Heals on Crush targets. Gave the Druid something to do, at least. Haha. I also had my Fiend/Hymn/potion tightly timed, so any amount of "regen period" I could squeeze I did.

Our raid is mostly above 380 ilevel, with one (or two, depending who's there) of the DPS a bit lower (plus the Feral tank isn't too good at kitty when we make him go DPS).

Overall though, spell selection seemed appropriate (and similar to mine), but it is a weird fight to judge, IMO. You either have high single target damage (tank and Crush targets on tentacle), or massive raid-wide AoE damage (fighting the limbs), so it's kind of no-brainer selections. I personally didn't really like Holy or 3 healing it, and felt Disc was the better option to go w/ Resto-Druid/Sham (Healing Rain is freaking BOSS on this fight). Although having Divine Hymn for every platform was very nice.

It looks like you did mostly fine. There are a couple things you should keep up, and one thing you should tone down.

On the bad side:
    - Don't use PW:S as holy, it's almost never viable as a healing tool. It's stupidly expensive, and does almost no healing. Using it for body and soul is ok. I can imagine seeing 1 or 2 of them for very specific situations, but 25 is way too much.

On the very good side:
    - Looks like almost all the GHeals you do come from Chakra:serenity, since their crit rate is super high. Even chakra swapping you still manage to get decent use from HW:Sanctuary. Means you have good timing. That serenity crit buff will save your mana big time.
    - Very high percent on PoM, good work.
    - 3 uses of DH in a 12 minute fight, only 32% overheal on it in 10man. Again, good timing and awareness.
    - 22% overheal
    - Only two hard cast flash heal.

You did pretty good, you should keep playing holy