Deleted

Will there be different light saber wielding styles? and your personal prefrence

sooo does anyone knows? it would be so awesome if we could choose how to wield our lightsaber. i know would go for "Starkiller's" style.
    www(.)fightersgeneration(.)com/characters4/starkiller-3(.)jpg

That would be "Shien" style. Aaaand as of right now, the different lightsaber "styles" are stance buffs for the various Jedi/Sith classes. For instance, all Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors start off with Shii-Cho, aka Form I, typically utilized as a training form as it entails the most basic of lightsaber techniques. Shien was the reverse grip variant of Form V which also included the more traditional Djem So. I know that Jedi Guardians/Sith Juggernauts also get access to Soresu, or Form III, as their tanking stance. I find it cool that they did that since Form III is in fact a more defense technique. However, so far as I can tell from the beta and other videos, the different forms do not affect how you actually hold and use your lightsaber. While it would be nice to see some variation in the animations when Jedi changed forms, I doubt they'll ever implement this, as it is a very minor thing compared to other subjects they've said they wanted to tackle.

TL;DR yes, the forms are currently in the game. No, they do not yet have any specific animation associated with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

^^ What Saelthos said above, and also Jedi Sentinels get Juyo form.

Damn! I forgot about Sentinels with Juyo xD Form VII btw ^.^ Mace Windu would later be one of the Jedi Masters to reform the technique into Vapaad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

I do like how they incorporated the different lightsaber forms as stances for the jedi/sith warriors. DPS-specced juggs get Shien, tanks get Soresu. One spec of Marauder gets Juyo, or at least talents that enhance it, and the other gets Ataru. Shii-cho until you can get those. The only form they didn't implement (and I can see why they didn't) is Makashi (I guess you could consider Niman too), which is really only good against other saber users. Maybe one day they'll implement different saber grips and animations depending on your stance but that would be a lot of resources involved in that and would be a very minor change.

yes, while playing my sith marauder I thought to myself, "man, it would be awesome if I could hold my saber like starkiller"

hope they do this in the future.

Deleted
    yea i wish they implement some sick animations

Like what has been said before, the styles are personal buffs, kinda like stances from Warriors in WoW. There is a difference in the technique used depending on what your spec is (Like Guardian Vs. Sentinel Vs. Jedi shadow), they slightly / largely different animation styles. I personally really like the Double-Bladed Sabers.

Deleted
    Just bear in mind that Juyo is the path to the Dark Side.

"Juyo was described as the most vicious form of light saber combat and was said to be filled with both fury and malignant grace."

Yep, that sounds like a perfect spec for my sith warrior to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wkhalifa View Post
    yea i wish they implement some sick animations
    Wish granted!
    I like sandwiches