10+ Year Old Account

Switch from PvP to PvE (Holy)

Hello everypony,

I did alot PvP with my Pally recently.. earned full Honorset, Shild and Weapon.

But after several month i got bored and liked to try PvE instead. i havent any PvE Gear and tried it with my PvP gear.. most stats on it are superior to anything i have found so far (exept haste). Other armorpieces lack mana, reggen and int but got more secondary stats...

However many times someone died due to low haste and long casttimes. There is no haste on PvP gear... i tried to reforge the Spirit to haste but lacked mana then.

so how do i earn Valorpoints? The T12 is actually worth it and beat PvP in every way but how to earn the points?

Running low Heroics to farm points?
    do PvP earn honor and trasmute them to valors?
    Buy expensive Blacksmithstuff for tones of Gold (wich i dont posses)?
    another possibility i didnt think of so far?

Deleted
    If you cant heal the new DS heroics, run ZA/ZG or even the original ones to farm Justice Points and Valor Points for gear. Also, make sure that you are properly specced and that you know in which prio to pick your stats.

With the vague information you provided about your gear I would just tell you to go Int>Spi>Haste, as you probably wont have the problem of too much spirit anyway. Check my character (Smithereens on Outland EU) if you want to see how I specced, enchanted and socketed my gear.

Remember to always have beacon up, and unless you have to, dont use big heals. Chaincast holy light to conserve mana, and when it's needed use big heals on someone taking spikes of damage. Remember however that mobs dont target people who are low on health like in PvP, so if you know that someone wont take high amounts of damage despite low health, dont use expensive heals to heal them up.

If tank damage is a problem, make sure you readily use Hand of Sacrifice and whatnot to keep him up. Also make sure that you use your healing cooldowns like AW and IH as much as possible. Save GotAK for when shit hits the fence.

Feel free to ask other questions as well.

EDIT: Also make sure you have Judgements of the pure up at all times, so use judgement once a minute for that extra 9% haste and spirit bonus.

Depending on your class and enchants, use your mana regaining ablilities when you know no big damage is coming up and you have as many intellect procs up as possible (Such as Power Torrent or trinkets).

Deleted
    What Sithil said. Just run heroics for the JP/VP and get some 346/353/378 gear with them.
    LFR is a good system for getting gear as well as you already have the appopriate item level for it (with your PvP gear). It's easy and it's basicly free lot.
    You could also do bgs and turn your honor into JP and buy items that way.

Deleted
    If you'd like, providing your armory would probably help in ironing out whatever problems you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you think lower heroics ist best way to improve gear?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...r/Kiraa/simple

As i said i feel my casts are too slow so sometimes people die while i am casting... I do know that Int>Spi>haste>crit but as i said i cant get more haste just right now.
    I recently bought 2 blacksmithpieces (chest and arms)

i may shift 1 point of protector of the Innocent to Last word..
    On the Honorgear is not much haste so unbuffed i sit at around 6% wich isnt much.

EDIT: Also my judgementmacro doesnt work anymore. I need one to cast judgement on a random target and then go back to the ally i targeted before... or one wich doesnt even change the target at all...
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-12-06 at 01:00 PM.

I don't know much about Paladins but I can help with your macro issues. Try out:

/cast [harm] [target=targettarget] judgement

That should Judge whoever's target you are healing at the moment (as long as it's an enemy) You could also tryout something along the lines of:

/cast [nomod] Holy Light
    /cast [harm] [mod:shift,target=targettarget] Judgement

So all you would have to do while healing was hit the same button with shift ^_^ Hope that helps!

-Stick

I would suggest using FoL while getting PvE gear(farming for justice/valor). Use your 2/3 minute cooldowns. Use hand of sacrifice/lay on hands on the tank. You might end up having to drink every 3rd pull, but everyone should stay alive.

Also put a 2nd point in Paragon of Virtue/Last Word and take a point out of Enlightened Judgements/Protector of the Innocent.
    Last edited by Figar; 2011-12-06 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stickly View Post
    /cast [harm] [target=targettarget] judgement
    Seems to work for me thank you for it.

i couldn't exactly tell from the amory but before 4.3 i'm sure you would've been fine to heal PVE heroic dungeons because your judgements would've kept your mana up and you could've just spammed flash of light. but now that mana regen is different (i dont dare say more difficult lest i get yelled at) reforge your gear int > spirit > haste > crit and then use your higher cost spells again like flash of light. but as Sithil said, cool down rotations are the key to healing and not being stressed out.

lastly, there's no shame in doing lower level heroics for get justice points (or valor) and then purchasing gear so that you can get into the harder heroics. that's how many do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    in my opinion the Holypala got nerfed hard because of the new Judgement of the pure Mechanic. In pvp even if i was low on mana i could easily heal while spamming judgement on CD. Now you only need to judge once in a whie cause otherwise it would be manaloss.

Id like to know how hard the new 3 Heroics actually are from Holypallys point of view? compared to other healers or other heroics/raids

Edit: ok did all 3 new heroics today and msut say those are extremly easy. I was random in ZG before and had a harder time than in any of the three...
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-12-09 at 06:00 PM.