Warlord Zon'ozz's Void and pets/totems

Hello!

In my 10 man raid we struggled a bit on this boss mostly due to the void (aka the ball) hitting totems and pets when trying to get him into P2. We found a strategy to put totems on the side and I don't really know how our warlocks and hunter did with their pets, but the ball could hit imps and hunter pets from time to time.

Is it really supposed to be this way? I mean, if a warlock or hunter would dismiss their pets their damage would be lowered quite a bit. Got the boss to 4% in a semi-casual guild a couple to three times, struggled with the healing a bit (a very low geared healer).

As I recall, Blizzard are pretty good fixing such things if it isn't intended, but I can't see how it should be this way. Anyone else had the same problem?

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

Deleted
    not with Zon'ozz, but with haggara, pet's get 1 shot by each special , well 1 shot by the frost walls , which can be countered by promptly having the pet on passive to make sure he's following, however the lightning storm kills the pet really fast, nothing you can do about that one )

as for your question , we have a warlock, and we didn't have any issues with zan'ozz , have your pet classes put pets on passive when it's about time to trigger black phase ?