Arrow For The Alliance

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I feel like crying and whining abit today.
    (I tried using the search function but I think I'm bad at it).

So I'm level 70, locked experience and have been 70 for three years now (Armory in signature if you care that much).
    One of the things I love is achievement farming, mount and pet collecting (103 mounts atm, including aeonaxx, grey camel, fiery warhorse, sea turtle and tons of more rare mounts).

And yet still, I have not been able to finish my For The Alliance achievement, after many tries because of that god damned location of Garrosh Hellscream in the middle of the freaking auction house, bank and everything that is relevant in Orgrimmar!

I have hosted multiple raids to try and get this guy dead, bringing full 40 man raids (39 85s, and myself as 70).
    I always make sure I have enough healers, good tanks, PvP geared and specced people in the PvP group of around 6-7 people (including healers for them).

Yet still, the closest I have been is 10%, where we had a rogue go in, use an invisibility pot(you can cast the guild sumon while under the effect of that invisibility), then guild summon us all inside the room where he is, while Tol Barad was going on (less hordes to fight).

Okay, went pretty well, going good - then BAM 30%, Tol Barad ends and we get flooded by hordes in minutes.
    And the lag is not helping.

What are your thoughts on this? Me and most people in my raids feel that the location is very unfair.
    When hordes kill the alliance king, most alliance doesn't care enough to go all the way to the keep to fight off hordes, while in the middle of the auction house in Orgrimmar it's no problem to hop into the fight because it's so close.

Counter-argument is, it's so much harder for Horde to make it all the way from the entrance all the way to the King's Keep, and the corpse run is so far that it's hard to rez and rejoin the fight.

But I agree that when you get right down to it, the added participation of Horde due to convenience makes Org a harder to hit target. I guess Garrosh is a smart leader after all

The Horde had to deal with this for years before the achievements were implemented and people did this sort of thing for fun.

Thrall attacked? By the time Horde players would find out and mount up to go to Thrall, he would often be dead or close. Gotta love that backdoor to Thrall's location. Same thing with Sylvanas, the sewer entrance would put Alliance players right next to Sylvanas though not like that mattered since Undercity was always empty.

Compare that to the Alliance pre Cata. There were 3 ways to reach Stormwind Keep: A) Waterwalking to the docks from Westfall B) Going through the main entrance C) Taking the tram from Ironforge. The last 2 would instantly give away Horde players and gave them tons of guard and npc interference. Even when you finally got to the keep, you had a long stretch of hallway and ground to cover and back then, Pvper's were often there to que up for BG's. Ironforge was the equivalent of today's Orgrimmar in terms of design where the King was right next to the bank and AH and was almost impossible to kill. And of course you either had to take the tram from Stormwind or you went in the front door and dealt with the guards and players dueling in front. If Ironforge was still the main place for the Alliance then it would be the same as Garrosh is today.

I remember reading countless forum topics about the faction leader difference in terms of difficulty and layout. Funny how it still works out.

Well you can just fly in, so that counter argument is not very valid, also about the corpse run, alliance has to run from Razor... whatever its called in Durotar. That's a pretty long run as well.

Deleted
    Here's what I suggest they change about For the Alliance Ach..

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Nothing

coming from a horde fanboy? who get's everything because Blizzard themselves favor the Horde..

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Nothing

How dare you use my own post against me!
    ;<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpbeat View Post
    coming from a horde fanboy? who get's everything because Blizzard themselves favor the Horde..
    Eh? Im a Horde Fanboy? roflma...

It was actually a personal joke to the OP, don't get your y fronts in a twist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpbeat View Post
    if you realized how much Blizzard attempts to keep the factions on an even plane it might blow your mind

"What are we, if not slaves to this torment..." Sylvannas Windrunner, Former Ranger General of Quel'thalas.

Dont forget our secret weapon GAMON

that guy has single handedly wiped every ally raid since cata LOL

Anyone had any successful attempts lately?, yes I stress lately.

Not sure if I should've posted this in the PvP section..

Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    Well you can just fly in, so that counter argument is not very valid, also about the corpse run, alliance has to run from Razor... whatever its called in Durotar. That's a pretty long run as well.
    It's the same for any city. You wipe on Varian, you run back all the way from the GY at Eastvale Logging Camp.

Deleted
    only thing u can do is trying at late time's when most off the horde are off or still raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post

It's almost as far as the run from eastvale logging camp to stormwind keep.

I was part of a successful attempt recently, we even did it close to peak server hours. We brought two 40 man Ally raids, had one focus on Garrosh and the other split between controlling the horde at the door and helping with Garrosh when they could. We then switched places and waited for him to respawn so the other raid could get the achievement. This has actually become pretty standard on my server. Easy peasy.

i know how you feel all i miss is org for my achi trying to finish of all pvp achis, hes still possible to a group did it on my realm today and ofc i left the group like 3 goes before they killed him

I agree in a way that it seems nearly impossible for anyone to get these anymore