Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    On 10 man I can imagine red and green being doable with spreading the minimum range while staying as close as possible. but even then yellow would ruin your day
    Does the AoE from yellow stack the DoT as well? Haven't let one through yet.
    it does not apply the dot on normal (not entirely sure about heroic)

Signature by Kenz

HW:Sanc gives 1 stack to each person it hits, if they leave and return they would gain another stack. LW initial gain of buff gives a stack.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Thanks for checking it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    We figured we will kill purple most of the time, but still:

What triggers stacks of the purple debuff? Does PW:S (unglyphed) and LW hot triggers it? What about HW:S (and healing rain)?

What would you do on a pop of Purple, Red, Green, Yellow?
    That combination won't happen. There are actually only 6 of the possible combinations that are actually used. They also don't repeat until you've seen them all at least once.
    Black, Red, Purple, Yellow
    Blue, Green Purple, Yellow
    Black Green, Red, Yellow
    Black, Blue, Purple, Yellow
    Black, Blue, Green, Red
    Black, Blue, Green, Purple

Deleted
    Thank you for your input.

It's also important to pre-hot/pre-shield people before the purple buff goes out, can be life-saving on high aoe slimes + purple. Also, Prayer of Mending does not add stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azithrom View Post
    PW:S adds 1 stack glyphed or not, first ball of penance adds 1 stack, other 2 don't, renew adds a stack, PoM doesn't add a stack, PoH adds a stack
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    HW:Sanc gives 1 stack to each person it hits, if they leave and return they would gain another stack. LW initial gain of buff gives a stack.
    It's also important to pre-hot/pre-shield people before the purple buff goes out, can be life-saving on high aoe slimes + purple. Also, Prayer of Mending does not add stacks.
    While I can't 100% confirm that these posts are correct, I spent a great deal of time yesterday looking for information as to what applies stacks, what doesn't, and how many stacks are applied by abilities and these statements are consistent with what I read/found.

I would also think tranq behaves in the same manner as HW:S but I am not able to confirm this either. WRONG

I guess this post is kind of useless aside from quoting what I feel are the most important contributions to this thread.
    Last edited by Mikayo; 2011-12-08 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    While I can't 100% confirm that these posts are correct, I spent a great deal of time yesterday looking for information as to what applies stacks, what doesn't, and how many stacks are applied by abilities and these statements are consistent with what I read/found.

I would also think tranq behaves in the same manner as HW:S but I am not able to confirm this either.

I guess this post is kind of useless aside from quoting what I feel are the most important contributions to this thread.

Tranq / Divine Hymn wiped us... don't use it! Hahaha

We were also back and forth about Efflo. It seems super buggy overall (the entire effect) sometimes you get stacks and sometimes you don't...

Also, Word of Glory direct heal and all Beacon heals do not trigger stacks.

Haven't tested HW:Serenity but it seems like WoG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tranq / Divine Hymn wiped us... don't use it! Hahaha
    Ack!!

Also, the dark oozes before the boss will sometimes apply the debuff to someone (usually your tank) except the explosion is much smaller. This is a good way to 'test' what gives stacks and what doesn't.

Here is a list that a guildie compiled last night:

Druid
    Effloresence - NO STACKS
    Lifebloom - 1 stack per cast.
    Rejuvenation - 1 stack on initial application
    Swiftment - 1 stack on the person swiftmended.
    Tranquility - 1 stack per tick (i.e. a raid killer)
    Wild Growth - 1 stack for each person hit by Wild Growth

Shaman
    Chain Heal - 1 stack on initial hit only (although I'd like a bit more testing!)
    Healing Rain - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
    Healing Stream Totem - NO STACKS
    Riptide - 1 stack on initial application
    Spirit Link - NO STACKS

Paladin
    Beacon of Light - NO STACKS
    Holy Radiance - 1 stack for initial application (i.e. if it hits 4 people, 4 people get 1 stack).
    Word of Glory - NO STACKS

Priest
    Atonement - 1 stack
    Divine Hymn - 1 stack per tick (i.e. will wipe your raid)
    Echo of Light (Holy Mastery) - NO STACKS
    Holy Word: Sanctuary - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
    Holy Word: Serenity - 1 stack
    Lightwell - 1 stack per buff gain (i.e. when the person clicks)
    Penance - 1 stack for the whole channeled cast (i.e. not 1 per tick)
    Power Word: Shield - 1 stack (even when glyphed)
    Prayer of Healing - 1 stack
    Prayer of Mending - NO STACKS
    Renew - 1 stack on initial application

Other Abilities
    Deathknight Deathstrike - ??
    Druid Leader of the Pack - no stacks
    Hunter Chimera Shot - no stacks
    Priest Vampiric Embrace - no stacks
    Rogue Recuperate - no stacks
    Warlock Healthstones - no stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    woot!!!! thanks Mazi!

Deleted
    <3 Mazi

This is why I like this community. Thanks a lot!

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, I found the kill vid from Blood Legion (world first) very interesting:

Here are their focus:

Black-Yellow-Blue-Purple => Black

Purple-Green-Black-Blue => Green

Purple-Red-Black-Yellow => Yellow

Green-Yellow-Black-Red => Green Chain CDs and BL

Blue-Purple-Green-Yellow => Green

Green-Red-Blue-Black => Green

Purple-Red-Black-Yellow => Yellow

(They never kill purple)
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-12-08 at 04:13 PM.

Noooo problemmoooooo <3 you guys

Deleted
    BTW, they did it with 2 disc from what I understand (pre-shielding purples).

What about if we pre-place HW:S would it give people a stack when they get debuffed or because they are already in the thing, it's ok? ^^

I'll try to confirm about Death Strike tonight.

And Purple-Green-Red-Yellow doesn't seem to occur at all from what I saw in the stremings. It would be quite impossible to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    BTW, they did it with 2 disc from what I understand (pre-shielding purples).

What about if we pre-place HW:S would it give people a stack when they get debuffed or because they are already in the thing, it's ok? ^^

I'll try to confirm about Death Strike tonight.
    I'm not sure about HW:Sanc - but you can precast anything else. We were 5 healing with 2x Disc as well for Barrier + Shields and are pretty damn close to a kill.

You never ever ever let a purple blob in. Ever.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Unless you get the world first kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    We never ever kill the purple slime, rofl. It's really not that hard to deal with... the hardest thing is tanks, otherwise just assign a healer to each group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    You will never, ever, in a million years, have to deal with more or less than 3 oozes. Think Monty Python, only 3, not 4, not 2, not 1, and 5 is right out.

The debuff the purple oozes give you that stacks to 5 is only triggered to increase when you are directly healed by a spell. A tick of a HoT will not add any stacks, but the initial cast of the HoT on you will. Anytime you get healed and it's not a tick of a HoT you get another stack. This is why you ALWAYS KILL PURPLE unless the combination is Red, Green, Purple, and you worry that your guild can't handle the proximity and logistical issues, especially with a 25man.

statement = false. because of the 4 in H

Deleted
    We are starting to progress this on 10HC, and should we always let purple up and i (as disc priest) pre-shield the whole raid, assuming theres damage incoming? Also, is a combination of like purple, black, yellow, green possible?