Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It does when you miss out a legitimate World First by milliseconds to a guild that resorted to such exploits.
    And this means what? So you can't brag on the internet to other people who brag on the internet?

Yeah honestly there " Apology " means nothing but a way to try and get out of the ban. and seriously idk how many people will do this but for my own sake if they don't get banned then i quit. that is Favoritism. and even in a game its not fair to everyone else. yeah there a top guild... who cares? there are MILLIONS of guilds out there and they will all be getting bans. There Apology means nothing to me but an excuse. and or even bliz just trying to make an excuse for them to keep being a "Role model" for all the other guild. Honestly though... if they arent going to get at least the 8 day ban. then don't ban anyone.they obviously knew the hole time that it was an exploit and they even said it. if they didnt want to do it then they wouldnt, and not to mention that they didnt say a damn thing about it untill people cot the bug and people started doing it on a daily bases... yeah ide do the same thing once everyone figured it out. "oh yeah im sorry i didnt meen to even though i did it every day" "dont worry though i wont do it again and im in a top guild so that meens i get away with it. screw that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    For all those who didn't understand, read Paragon's statement. THEY know it was wrong. THEY accept responsibility for it. Why others in the community can't understand that cheating is wrong and punishment for cheating is warranted is beyond me. I'm VERY glad to see Paragon owning up to their actions. I dunno if this is due to their sponsors or their own moral code, but either way, I'm glad. The exploit didn't affect me one iota, but knowing that cheating is punished creates a better gaming environment.
    They did not own up to anything by the goodness in their hearts (or hypothalamus to be more correct,) but they only admitted their mistakes because Blizzard practically forced them to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    For all those who didn't understand, read Paragon's statement. THEY know it was wrong. THEY accept responsibility for it. Why others in the community can't understand that cheating is wrong and punishment for cheating is warranted is beyond me. I'm VERY glad to see Paragon owning up to their actions. I dunno if this is due to their sponsors or their own moral code, but either way, I'm glad. The exploit didn't affect me one iota, but knowing that cheating is punished creates a better gaming environment.
    This completely. Its pretty sad not one of the other guilds apologized for the same thing. At least Paragon Owned up to their Mistakes.

awwww their sorry and admit they did wrong - all's well in the world or warcraft. as if their going to say "yeah we took advantage of the exploit once we found out how much loot we could steal without blizz knowing about it, and we would do it again in the blink of an eye." Of course their going to apologise and and make excuses up to look good, thousands of players/guilds look up to them. Count me out tho. it was an exploit they shouldn't have done it, simple. they should have reported it in straight away and stepped back from it the moment they discovered it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayremy View Post
    If so why should lowbie players be getting week long bans for it then, they play to their own means, not some competitive ladder.

I know wtf an exploit is and the ToS, I already known Blizzard has rights and control over everything I just disagree with it ALL.

I think its a stupid concept to excuse themselves for their mistakes but say "fuck all you guys, for being tempted by raining money (aka loot)"

I think the most moral fair way, is to remover gear all gains from it, then start everybody off fresh like it never happened. When both parties are at fault, not one side should be punished while the other can sit back comfortably. Besides I am pretty sure this bug has been reported, there are millions of players they are just being the big ol Blizzard they are people keep saying it like its some secret that NOBODY else would figure out. A bug like that is quite 'in the face' of players not something you go out of your way to do or grief people by any extreme manner, that requires research, timing, scripts or hacks.
    My post that you quoted was responding to someone who asked why people care what paragon does, stating that what they do doesn't affect anyone elses enjoyment in the game. Which I find false. While it's not paragon specifically, the top raiding guild, which happens to be Paragon, inspires several competitive raiding "markets" beneath them. That's my only point.

What consequences there should or shouldn't be had nothing to do with what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarious View Post
    why does an apology from paragon deserve to be a main topic on mmo champion? what do we care, they messed up and they kept doing it ok we got it. but does this "apology" really deserve to be on the main page of mmo-champion?? i mean seriously theres other threads for this, why not post it in each of them instead of posting it on the front page.. this isnt news about any game, just the players behind it... Why isnt my rogue ever on the main page huh?
    Welcome to 99.88% of the people playing wow who don't care. The banning should be front page stuff, the apology from some people who care about pixels moving faster on their screen before yours is ridiculous.

yea sure they said sorry.. but they dont really mean it

curious about how many that actualy did this, would be fun to see a number =)

Quote Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post
    Um...no? ustupidbro?
    lawlz good comeback, brah. i'm sure your boyfriend is proud

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-12-07 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apology not accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grooes View Post
    Yeah, sorry they got caught...
    Now no one cares Paragon's kills anymore.. like others..

Just go to your character screen and "delete." Problem solved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brff15 View Post
    They did not own up to anything by the goodness in their hearts (or hypothalamus to be more correct,) but they only admitted their mistakes because Blizzard practically forced them to make a statement.
    I wouldn't say it was Blizzard that forced them, rather it was probably the risk of losing endorsements that allow them to play a game as a job for a month, every 6 months of the year.

We're sorry we got caught.

Kinda funny, if they were actually a moral guild who wouldn't stoop to this level they would've won in a whole different way. Gaining time on the other top guilds who were banned.

Should've just reported it to blizz

They didn't apologize out of free-will. Blizzard forced them to make a statement. If they were people who played by the rules then they would have not done it in the first place, but there was plenty of time for them to make an apology to the public before Blizzard reported this. This just proves that they are not truly sorry, but like many people have said before me, they are only sorry that they got caught.

Deleted
    Hmm, Blizzard bans people for cheating yet indirectly sells gold in its store. Interesting.

I would agree with all the comments that it is a video game, but it is a video game that most of us play more than 6 hours a day, now I really dont care if Paragon say they are sorry for doing something that is wrong.The real problem lies with blizzard, with all the testing and all the so call game dev's, blues NONE ; NOT One of them could see this coming, or was blizzard too lazy to fix the problem before it becomes one.Yea Paragon did exploit a in-game bug, that should never have been in the game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    I wouldn't say it was Blizzard that forced them, rather it was probably the risk of losing endorsements that allow them to play a game as a job for a month, every 6 months of the year.
    Yes, you make a good point. Regardless, they still broke a term of service, and should be punished for it. Furthermore, I don't really think it matters who forced them to make an apology. The fact is, they made the apology after Blizzard reported this, they had plenty of time to do so before everything went public, thus proving that they are not truly sorry for cheating and not following the rules listed in the terms of service.