Thread: Posting replies

Posting replies

I apologize if this question is answered elsewhere, but I looked through the FAQ and could not find anything related. When I post on mmo forums, I have to wait for moderator approval. This sometimes takes 12-24 hours, after which the post is no longer relevant to the discussion. Is this due to my low post count or some other trigger? How can I change this?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's from low post count.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It's from low post count.
    Yep. You'll need 20 non-spammy, non-Fun Stuff posts in order to avoid our spam filter munching on your posts.

Once you get over 20 post count, it should stop happening. It's that your posts are getting caught in the spam filter. One way to help them get approved faster is to PM one of the mods of the forum you posted in. Though this still might take some time if none of the mods of that forum are around at the time

It seems the forum I'm posting on has very slow moderators then. Thank you.

Modded posts only occur with very new accounts if they match some of the mysterious criteria in the spam filter. Most of the time we try to approve them quickly, but sometimes they get buried even to us.
    I found this in another thread. So it is not just due to my low post count, but somehow the content of what I am posting?

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 03:38 PM ----------

Ok, I have spammed my way up to 20 posts. Hopefully, that is indeed the magic number.
    Last edited by Shelendil; 2011-12-06 at 08:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the content of the posts, yes, by the magic algorithm that the spam filter uses to decide whether something's spam. I suspect (by working in the field, not by detailed knowledge of this particular spam filter) that it includes features like formatting, post length, number of numbers, etc, in addition to the obvious counting of the words used.