Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by qei View Post
    Our setup was 1 tank, 2 healers, 7 DPS. We used Heroism for the last tentacle and we had our disc priests barrier up for the last elementium bolt.
    This is similar to how we did it too...

PWB was used for the bolt. We did not use lust for the tentacle, but we used it during cata and to help make sure blisters died asap. We used the same 7dps setup, so the small tents in Ph2 died with little issue. The adds died asap while the tank rolled his cds as needed. We managed 2 add phases, and got the kill just as the 3rd set of tents spawned. Have your dps hold their 5 min cds (works well if lust is used when we did) once the 2nd set of adds are dead. If needed they can use them to ease the burden of single tanking the 2nd set of adds, as they can hit rather hard.

Deleted
    You don't even need to stack and barrier for the last bolt our group did it 1 tank 2 healers kept hero/lust for P2 and just healed through the bolt damage it wasn't all that high to be honest and it only ticked twice before it was killed, the key to getting the corruption tentacle down before the bolt comes is to have all your melee dps waiting for it so they can start burning it asap and with a bit of luck it will drop just before the bolt is cast.

Your prot warrior should be able to do it SW is up for every impale. As long as the dps is there to beat the 2nd impale you should be fine. There were many times where the corruption would die a few seconds before bolt hit and I'd just heroic leap into the rest of the group. The harder part was p2 with the tetanus, you need to burn one quickly and than start using cd's oh and pray.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    our pali doesnt have a ret set...so he will be the solo tank in this fight.
    So he can bubble to clear his impale debuff on the fourth platform if it looks like we arent going to get the tentacle down before we have to turn to the bolt...am I correct? He just has to bubble/taunt fast enough to keep aggro right?

Also we will have 2 melee dps if I go dps for this fight so for the bolt on the fourth platform we will have boomkin/mage/spriest/hunter/ele shaman/fury warr/dk. With this setup and saying we have average dps should we also put the two melee dps on the bolt as it is hurtling to the ground or just have all 5 ranged spa swap immediately after it spawns in the air and have them stand at max range from the ground impact point and hope they down it before it does the first tick of aoe after it lands?

Also what class does anti-magic zone? I think that would would work well for the melee to stand in the impact zone and help dps it to insure it doesnt tick after it initially lands and does its big burst of aoe damage.

How many seconds after the mutated corruption spawns does the elementium bolt spawn? I want to find out how much dps each guy has to do with 7 dps to make sure we have the mutated corruption down before the elementium bolt spawns in the air.

Sorry for so many questions...I just want to find out some of these things now instead of in the moment.

thanks
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    3.2: Ardent Defender (always live, never die, huehuehue)
    Fucking mordekaiser.

OT: 1 tank/2 heal it. Kill Nozdormu last. Easymode. The damage doesn't really change because everything dies in like 5 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Fucking mordekaiser.

OT: 1 tank/2 heal it. Kill Nozdormu last. Easymode. The damage doesn't really change because everything dies in like 5 seconds.
    Yup we do the same thing, at first our alt healers were having mana issues but on the 2nd go we had no problems.

Green > Red > Yellow > Blue

On ibroughtguns last post dk=rouge now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwindace View Post
    On ibroughtguns last post dk=rouge now
    shit...forgot he switched cause of the legendaries...by b...our dk turned into a rogue...post 4.3.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have not checked everyone elses replies but for the bolt on the last platform we do this:

Priest (bubble) or shaman = spirit link. Paladin = aura mastery (I think its fire damage). Anyway, everyone who cannot mitigate the damage should stack in the bubble/totem. Everyone who can can continue to stand where they were, ie: palas bubble, mages iceblock, deathknights ams. Just make sure you always move away from the impact zone and burn it the moment it blows up. We 2 heal, 2 tank and 6 dps it, and have done this on each starting platform first, which is where things get more interesting! (blue this week).

We use the same three healers and even with less gear had little issue with it. Stacks near where the jump from ysera lands you (closer to dw side than aspect side) disc barrier +aura mastery + tranq to pick it up after. Impale tank and pally sit out right near crash site like it dosnt matter, pally BoSac's tank and bubbles himself for impale warrior shield walls, and rallying crys. Ive seen us come away from it with everyone @80% health (or was raised to it shortly after.)

Just to note, we 2tank it as well, so its completely doable without dropping down to one tank and changing your entire strat. yesra>alexstraz>norzdomu>kalecg. Is exatly what we do.
    Last edited by Affectionate; 2012-01-04 at 02:16 AM.