Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well LFR was made for those kind of players + people that can't find time for a guild (who unfortunately have to carry the bad ones) so can't really do anything about that but I do agree that more loot should drop. 4 drops per boss for 25 people is shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    your time is worth the same as his therefore he is as entitled to loot as you are. not happy join a raiding guild with loot rules thats what they are here for.
    I don't particularly agree with that. If you are putting 10x his effort why should the other member be entitled to the same items as you? Why bother putting in that extra effort?

Though it is near impossible to allow giving items to the right people.. How would you do it in a tanks case? Not to mention a poorly geared dps will not beat a well geared one in most cases

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    I stopped doing this LONG ago because whenever you try to help people they rip your head off and say they play how they want to play or you don't know what you're talking about, etc.
    I guess we just have to take our chances don't we? For every one player who shrugged off the help, three more simply said "thank you." What they did with what they've learned, no one knows. But it gives me a warm fuzzy to think they would pass the knowledge on. But I've found that taking someone in my own realm aside and working with them at the training dummy does FAR more than whispering a random player in LFG or LFR. Maybe you should limit the help you offer to a more personal environment.

Some people need to lose the defensiveness and embrace the good parts still left in the community. The game will be better off because of it.

Just throwing this out there, since there is no dps measure in Blizzards UI, its simply NONE of their concern, why should it matter if someone is doing less dps than you and wins something, and you feel you deserve it more. HOW CAN BLIZZARD MEASURE THE DPS WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER INTENDED UPON DPS BEING AN EPEEN MEASURE.

coming from a guy that Pulled 27.5k on a ilvl 371 (373 including bags) mage, I am not a bad, (only using my mage cause thats all i did LFR on)

Why should blizzard care.

RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Some may see it as a QQ, but I'm trying to render justice here.

I just finished a RF with this Shaman. He was pulling 12k dps, but yet won 3 tokens in a 4-boss run because he was lucky. As much as I was 2nd place overall with an iLvl of 371, he still won them over me, because it needs to be fair. I understand.

Now, same thing happened to a DK in my guild. Lost some tokens to some people who clearly couldnt use it as much as him, but it has to be fair. Next story: I was in LFR last week with an enhence shaman who was doing 45k dps single-target, a real beast. Didn't know him but it was nice. I felt, again, bad, since I knew that tier could have went to better use.

I know that from the PoV of that "bad" player, it's not fair - but seriously, I think there needs to be a) more drops from raid finder b) another way to distribute loot, potentially based on deaths or performance.

Thoughts? I'm tired of this kind of stuff in LFR. It's not like heroics where you can re-do them over and over again until they drop...
    I heard the good players kill heroic raid bosses and get the good loot. LFR is not good loot, therefore good players still get priority. You seem to be mistaken - everyone has an equal chance on the subpar loot that honestly will get replaced in due time if you are a "good" player.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-12-07 at 12:23 AM.

What about a system where everytime you lost the roll on an item, your next roll (on that same item in a seperate week) would have 5 added to it, stacking until you finally won the item. Would that be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by EZduzit View Post
    Please ditch the entitlement issues and congratulate a player for winning a roll, even if you consider them an inferior player. A positive gaming experience (i.e. downing a boss and winning gear) will encourage them to continue playing. Better yet, why don't you help them or encourage others to offer help to improve their performance and put that shiny new gear to use.
    This here above is some good solid advice.

-------

"Good play" has never been rewarded with gear in pugs assembled by the servers and won't ever be, your best bet would be to opt out and go with a guild or just grin and bare it.
    Ironically systems that encourage good play would probably do far more of the opposite. LFR is also a system to introduce people to raiding, how unwelcoming would it be if new players with potential if that system was in place.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2011-12-07 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^

as frustrating as it is (and most of us have been there be it in a raid or 5-man random), other than venting, there is nothing you can do about it. without promoting the typical kind of elitism that turns off most people looking to join randoms, you just gotta grin and bear it...maybe taking some sort of solice in your overall performance. its not like its a complete waste of time, you still get your badges....and if you didnt win anything, there is nothing stopping you from running with your guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this one of those things that will devolve into "how do you value a human life?" kind of question?

But to answer more precisely - when you pug (and lfr is a pug) there is no bars in regards to loot. People can be as much as an asshole as they want because there are no real set loot rules. You want to pug with loot rules then you need to make one manually - otherwise you will want to get into a guild.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

To combat this issue, I told myself to only just autoshot for any LFR boss.

Or just spam cobra shot only. but sadly, I still can outdps at least half the raid dpser this way....

Random rolls are random. If you don't like it you don't have to run in LFR. I'm not sure why this is any different than when LFD first was introduced.

Because there is no real way to measure how good a player is. Even if it did happen, millions of excuses would come up of why they aren't the top dps and why you are. i.e. His gear is better than what should be worn at lfg level.

Good players rewarded with loot in the end because they are the ones in the guilds actually killing 25/25H content rather than rolling in 5mans or LFR.

had a mage pulling 45k in Random raid finder. sounds good yea.
    except he wasnt. he was a nob to be blunt. he stood where he wanted, and just DPs'd ignored adds on 3rd boss, ignored the ball bouncing on 2nd crystals on 1st etc etc. does he then "deserve" loot over those of us who followed what little mechanics they are to stop us from wiping needlessly? no.

Had a friend who played a dps character and put someone on follow, minimized til the trash / boss was dead, then rolled on loot, and won 2 tokens last week. Did this for all 4 bosses. No one noticed or said anything about him dieing or not dpsing.

Deserving of loot? "Yes, his $15 is worth just as much as your $15."

Deleted
    I've had worse.

I was doing lfr on my druid, this is what happened :

On morchok 2 druid tokens drop, 2 mages won them, mage 1 did no dmg for the entire fight, and won it, another mage did 6k dps. We couldn't kick them. On Zonozz another 2 tokens drop and they won them again, with both of them dieing a few seconds into the fight, getting rezzed and dieing again shortly after.

I must support the op, it's not the job of the good players to boost and give free loot to the people that don't even bother.

My recommendation would be that the role bonus roll gets replaced by activity bonus. The more you are active during a raid, the higher your chance for loot is. If they would do that, the raid performance from everyone would be higher, there would be no qq and people would have actually felt like they had to work to earn it.

If you disagree with that, it's most likely because you slack in LFR yourself.

It certainly always seems to be the people that are afk half the fight that win the loot in LFR, however it does seem impossible to program it any other way. As the 2nd poster or so mentions, u can't really judge based on dps since they could just be tunnel visioned in stead of dps what matters. You'd have to write some complicated thing that like puts a warning in your screen that if you don't tab to the add in 15seconds or less u won't be getting any loot. And anyway,, LFR is supposed to be the lowest of the low level, so in fact it was actually created to gear up complete noobs and give them the same raiding experience as people in heroic dragon soul. In 2 weeks it won't really matter much to you because you won't need anything from there on mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Winning the Roll trumps everything. End of story, no qualifiers.
    Agree 100%

Loot Drama has no place in LFR. The whole POINT is not for 'good players' to 'get priority on loot.'

If you think that's the case, you have no fucking business being in there. It's NOT CONTENT DESIGNED FOR YOU.

Sentance. End of.

face it bads get carried to free epics and ive also seen ppl go afk and do no damage on boss and win loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConsumer View Post
    Well LFR was made for those kind of players + people that can't find time for a guild (who unfortunately have to carry the bad ones) so can't really do anything about that but I do agree that more loot should drop. 4 drops per boss for 25 people is shit.
    This pretty much sums it up. The LFR is for people that want to experience raiding, but don't have the time/energy/skill to join your typical raid. In reality it is you who should apologize to them for taking the gear designed to be their "end game" gear, when you are just looking for an upgrade until you get something better.