Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm sorry, guess I should've made the thread title more general like "Blood Legion is still at #1" or something instead of "Blood Legion 2/8".

If a mod wants to delete/rename this thread it should be done. I think the number of strong reactions over it are a bit concerning though like this guy Eec003:

mods please fuckin start kicking and banning these dumb threads.
    Lighten up man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I am a bit curious how long it took them to down the first 2 bosses. Have they been working on it since servers went live this morning, and just now got to 2/8 heroic?
    Morchok went down Dec 6, 2011 22:11 according to their wowprogress profile, Warlord Zon'ozz just says ~7 dec. However, I'm not so sure how specific they are. How long have US servers been up?

Well, according to their site, the first boss dropped after 1 attempt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    Nice to see a different US guild in the lead for a change, keep it up!
    You do realize the content hasn't actually been unlocked on European realms yet meaning US would only not be in the lead if none of the bosses had yet been killed in these last few hours, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Morchok went down Dec 6, 2011 22:11 according to their wowprogress profile, Warlord Zon'ozz just says ~7 dec. However, I'm not so sure how specific they are. How long have US servers been up?
    As of now around 2 1/2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    You do realize the content hasn't actually been unlocked on European realms yet meaning US would only not be in the lead if none of the bosses had yet been killed in these last few hours, correct?
    That's why i said "US" guild, as in I am referring to the US race, because Vodka held the #1 US spot all through tier 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I am a bit curious how long it took them to down the first 2 bosses. Have they been working on it since servers went live this morning, and just now got to 2/8 heroic?
    Morning? Not sure where you live but there were multiple delays causing the servers to come back at 2pm Pacific.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    As of now around 2 1/2 hours.
    They're pretty god darn quick then. Incoming marathong HC progress though going to be updating wowprogress all day in school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    That's why i said "US" guild, as in I am referring to the US race, because Vodka held the #1 US spot all through tier 12
    You clearly edited that "different" in when I wasn't looking.

Unfortunately, I'm sure you didn't. I'll just go to sleep instead, can't even read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    well I had to click on it to report it. so yea

Infracted.
    This made me laugh, hehehe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    This made me laugh, hehehe
    Nice to see moderators ready with the trigger!

EDIT: This just in VODKA kills Warlord Zon'ozz http://www.manaflask.com/en/article/...gion-and-vodka
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2011-12-07 at 12:44 AM.

Why is this such a big deal all of a sudden? And why the US-EU argument as well, US got the world firsts on the first 2 or 3 bosses in Firelands as well, it's not like it's something never seen before. Hell, looking it up, there were a 133! US (and one TW) guilds that killed Shannox on the first day, before EU got even started.

I just don't see what's so special about it to start making different threads about the bosses. To me it's like going "We won the first period in a hockey game!" or "We won the first half of a soccer game!". In the end all that really matters is who crosses the finish line first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Why is this such a big deal all of a sudden? And why the US-EU argument as well, US got the world firsts on the first 2 or 3 bosses in Firelands as well, it's not like it's something never seen before. Hell, looking it up, there were a 133! US (and one TW) guilds that killed Shannox on the first day, before EU got even started.

I just don't see what's so special about it to start making different threads about the bosses. To me it's like going "We won the first period in a hockey game!" or "We won the first half of a soccer game!". In the end all that really matters is who crosses the finish line first.
    Of course all that matters is who crosses the finish line first. Does that mean you only tune in to see the last two minutes of a hockey game though? Of course not!
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2011-12-07 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    The EU inherently has a disadvantage but WoW is not balanced around competition so it doesn't matter. It's for reasons such as this that the game will never be considered a legitimate e-sport. In all honesty the EU is perfectly fine even with the disadvantage, the standard of gaming is clearly much higher than in the US. You can notice this just by looking at guild rankings at the end of a tier.

Nonetheless all of this is irrelevant, as none of this competition is serious or even rewarded in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Of course all that matters is who crosses the finish line first. Does that mean you only tune in to see the last two minutes of a hockey game though? Of course not!
    You missed the point, people can comment on the kills all they want, but having different threads for every first kill (on bosses of wich no one will remember who got it first in a month) seems a bit excessive at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    The EU inherently has a disadvantage but WoW is not balanced around competition so it doesn't matter. It's for reasons such as this that the game will never be considered a legitimate e-sport. In all honesty the EU is perfectly fine even with the disadvantage, the standard of gaming is clearly much higher than in the US. You can notice this just by looking at guild rankings at the end of a tier.

Nonetheless all of this is irrelevant, as none of this competition is serious or even rewarded in any way.
    This really isn't the place to try and start a EU vs. US 'discussion.' Let's not do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    This really isn't the place to try and start a EU vs. US 'discussion.' Let's not do that.
    My apologies. Was just replying to the comments above but I won't talk about it anymore. :P

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Oh wait, we measure this stuff from the time servers go live to the time you kill the boss, so EU guilds are at no disadvantage.
    Do we? Since when? Or are you being sarcastic?