Unsure of which set bonus to use.

I have 391 shoulders and legs of heroic tier 12, and recently acquired the corresponding LFR versions of those pieces. I am not sure if I should keep the 391 T12 pieces or take 2set T13. (I normally play affliction mainspec and know that it is a much stronger bonus for demonology; I am also thinking especially with this I should go demo for max dps)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Deleted
    If you're familiar with simulationcraft, i'd advise you to just sim both gear sets and see which one gives the bigger dps. But sure someone else here has some numbers for you.

I haf same thing happen for me simctaft said t13 2pc was a whopping 31 dps increase. So its pretty much your preference. Personally im leaning towards just waitin for 397 i feel trashy wearing 384 ovet 391

Quote Originally Posted by Props420 View Post
    I have 391 shoulders and legs of heroic tier 12, and recently acquired the corresponding LFR versions of those pieces. I am not sure if I should keep the 391 T12 pieces or take 2set T13. (I normally play affliction mainspec and know that it is a much stronger bonus for demonology; I am also thinking especially with this I should go demo for max dps)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
    https://code.google.com/p/simulation...downloads/list

1. Download Simcraft

2. Import your character

3. Toggle buffs appropriate for your usual raid comp

4. Simulate and check results.

5. Re-run the simulation with different gear to find out if it's an upgrade.

It's immensely easier to learn to do this than it is to ask on forums if a piece of gear or set bonus is an upgrade or not. Now you can actually plan your upgrades!

Even more advanced options and details here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onCraft-Thread (Dated but still relevant.)

Okay thank you for the responses, I have had problems understanding simcraft at times but I suppose I should give it another whirl. How many iterations should I do for upgrades?

10k should be enough. If you want to calculate scale factors, which IMO is the most useful application of simcraft, use 25k. Scale factors tell you how much dps each stat is worth; for instance, a point of Int might be worth 4.12dps for you, while a point of haste rating 2.04. You can then see exactly how much dps is every item worth.

If you just want to know what set bonuses are worth, you can view the simcraft results here: elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-simulationcraft_warlocks_cataclysm_edition. Note that this is done for a specific profile (BiS T12 heroic gear) and as such may be different for you. However, using their numbers, a 4-piece T12 bonus is worth 1005 dps, and a combination of 2 pieces bonuses (T12 and T13) is worth 1451 dps, so by going from 4p T12 to 2p+2p you gain 446 dps from bonuses alone. You still need to know whether that compensates for the (most likely) loss of dps caused by going from two 391 pieces to two 384 pieces, but my guess is that it will be pretty close.

Personally I'd take the 2t13 over any pieces just because it lets you use doomguard optimally at least once every single fight instead of every other fight like it is without the bonus. That's invaluable when you're fighting progression content.