Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Makes 4 set a lot less appealing now. Gonna be more worthwhile to give to all DPS first, wont be seeing it for a long time.

Considering I've seen tank healing pallies on 20% single target healing rest mostly Holy Radiance, considering paladins on Ultraxion blue buff can easilly pass 100k hps by just holy radiance. At this point paladins are the best healers in game. ... we (every guildie that plays a holy pally) actually expected HR to get nerfed (without any 4set). The only downside is the lack of inspiration. 1 priest rest pallies is probably the best combo to use on most fights in DS.

Paladin is strongest in 25 man though. They can make use of any of their heals there because there's always enough people clumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Thats the thing, resto druids, frickin OP thru whole firelands see nerf when patch 4.3 hits. Pala nerfed right away during first days of them being "bit better" but not even close to OP. This is just one big joke.
    I'd like to direct your attention to the drama about LFR and the top guilds exploiting it.

Is it alright that they exploited because the other guilds did it?
    Is it alright that you are "op" because Resto Druids were op?

Balance is not achived by letting everyone have their share of the OP time, but bringing everyone close together.

On the bright side, this probably means we wont be seeing any nerfs to Holy Radiance directly, so it's still going to be reasonably strong :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    On the bright side, this probably means we wont be seeing any nerfs to Holy Radiance directly, so it's still going to be reasonably strong :-)
    That's what I hope this means. Anyway, I think 5% is still a solid set bonus. 20% would have been just ridiculous.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    My thoughts exactly but I think they would have been better off balancing the nerf between spell and set. I suppose they didn't want all conq to go only to paladins for Ultraxion (old 4 set and blue buff ... ). Not to mention abusing 2 set and wings. Would be some really sweet aoe healing for the end of that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mandizzle View Post
    Huge nerf to the 4 piece... makes me sad.

from 20% to 5%
    you should look at the balance druid 4p...it should make you feel better
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

Deleted
    They could have also nerfed the HR spell itself because as it stands, it's clearly OP. 4pT13 would have made them totally OP.

The reason it was 20% was because they assumed HR would be only 10% of your healing (more or less) and you needed an AOE heal boost.

But as i see from loggs, on some fights, HR is already 65-70% of overall healing, making that set bonus a 14% healing bonus on fights where they are already top healers...
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2011-12-07 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahlove View Post
    you should look at the balance druid 4p...it should make you feel better
    unfortunately these arent the druid forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedow View Post
    4 set was to high, anyone with a small brain would see this nerf coming. 20% increased healing on our most used and beastliest spell is to much, we all knew this was coming. And giving tier to healers before tanks and dpsers is simply stupid. You dont need the extra healing, but you really need the extra dps and tank cds unless your healers are so shit, they cant do proper healing unless they have 4 tier parts.
    At this point the gear are minimal upgrades for anyone that got at least 6/7HM last tier which was easily attainable, so saying tanks or dps should get priority on tier pieces isn't right. I'm a tank with dps os so I'm not just blowing smoke.

I understand this nerf! HR heals for good amounts as it is now. And with the 20% from 4-piece it would've been just sick

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    They could have also nerfed the HR spell itself because as it stands, it's clearly OP. 4pT13 would have made them totally OP.

The reason it was 20% was because they assumed HR would be only 10% of your healing (more or less) and you needed an AOE heal boost.

But as i see from loggs, on some fights, HR is already 65-70% of overall healing, making that set bonus a 14% healing bonus on fights where they are already top healers...
    That's bullshit, Blizz made every fight to be AoE healing fest so no wonder every healer, incl. pala spams those AoE heals...

...and I though I'd be finally able to replace a raid healer for DS if I'd finally get my hands on the 4-piece, but yet again I'm stuck to tank healing, thanks Blizzard...

Oh, and resto druids are still OP...

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    Pretty much this. We will have one of the worst 4 pieces. So let everyone else have theirs.
    Lucky you most priest's 4set sucks to so you should all get it before we do atleast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

So they assume that an AoE spell that they are giving us would get less than 10% usage, and then design pretty much every boss to do lots of AoE?

I call bullshit.

We all said from the PTR that HR as it stands is OP and would get an extreme amount of usage, however instead of listening to us and sorting it there and then, they let it hit live in its current state and then ninjanerfed the 4 peice a week later. That makes no sence to me at all. They knew weeks before live it was going to be a problem, thats what PTR testing is for like..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well make a mini-patch and give us a fun 4set, along with any other class that has a bad one. Sure 5% is better than 0 to our most used spell in DS atm. I'd prefer, reduction in mana cost though

We had it set I was the first healer to get 4set, well hehe 'lucky' no tokens dropped for me last week because I'd feel a bit bad about it.

Deleted
    Can anyone post a link confirming this change to the 4set?

Deleted
    Front page? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Can anyone post a link confirming this change to the 4set?
    It's on the front page of this very website...

Deleted
    Its in the small note at the bottom of the list for DECEMBER 6 Hotfix under the term Items - they tried to sneak it in so HPs wouldnt see it