Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

HEROIC: Morchok (10-man) tactics?

Hi community,

My guild is - like any other eu guild - starting on heroic modes later today, and I was wondering since there was only 25-man streams available from US guilds last night, if anyone has a viable tactic - in short - for how to defeat Morchok on Heroic 10-man?

Splitting the raid in two on 10-man doesnt seem viable as 750k divided with 5 players is 150k dmg w/o cooldowns, and theres no way you're going to have a cooldown available every Stomp in a 10-man setup without 4set tank bonuses. Especially when we don't have Fury Warriors or Feral druids in our setup.

So, how should we do this in a 10-man guild?

Looking forward to the discussion.

Cyldor
    Last edited by mmoc38f4d4e700; 2011-12-07 at 07:26 AM.

Bring more healers.

Deleted
    /push

I've allready searched 1 hour and couldn't find a guide. Would be really great if someone could put up a link.

Remember that its physical damage. It will get reduced by armor class so it wont hit for nearly that much on players.

Ofcouse you can split up your raid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZRu38A30QQ

That is on the PTR tho, I don't think you will see a Morchok heroic guide in a few days atleast so just read the dungeon journal and try the boss out. It's said to be pretty easy.
    Last edited by Phillytwo; 2011-12-07 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank the bosses so far apart that you can take the damage from both stomps as a caster without having to move, this increases the amount of people soaking the stomp from 5 to 6 (as you'll still have 2 people per boss soaking the heroic version of the stomp which increases physical damage taken by 100%, thus most likely making them ineligible to take a 2nd stomp), and as the stomps come a few seconds apart, you have time to heal up from the first stomp to survive the 2nd stomp..

But treating them as 2 seperate 5-mans with a 1-2-2 setup seems to be the most efficient way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stomp damage does not increase in heroic beyond the second stomp.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

Also, the 2 closest targets take a double share of the damage.

So 750k/7 instead of 5 = 107k per person, reduced by armor, it's actually not bad. The hard part is finding 2 non-tanks that can eat the 2nd double portion. Any plate class can do it, as well as a Shaman with a shield on. The damage is pretty crazy, but 4-healing is pretty easy.

Split the groups up into 2 5-mans, and take Kohcrom far to the back along the Path of the Titans and have his group function separately from the main group. From there, treat it as a 5-man boss, eating stomps and crystals (all 4 non-tanks must be on the crystal as its targeting is pretty erratic) and not dying to the big blood thing.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

My 10m did him with 4 healers, the enrage is long enough that if your dps is good, you wont hit the enrage. I healed (r shaman), and we used 2 h pals, and 1 r druid, as the other healers. We had a group (tank, 2 healers, 2 dps) dedicated to Morchok and one for Kochrom. The only tricky thing is keeping your group close enough to the boss to absorb his stomp, while stay close enough the crystal spawns to not blow yourself up. Sometimes we had to stand a bit away from crystal spawns, (keeping beam yellow, never red) in order to be close enough to absorb stomp damage. Theres some rng, youll get stomped at the same time as a crystal blows up once in a while - so keep ppl topped off.

Deleted
    Has any of the guilds on 10 man killed it yet with 2 healers ? a 1-1-3 setup per group ?

Deleted
    Do morchok and his copy share healthpool or do we have to down both individually ?

Deleted
    I was under the impression that they shared healthpool from what i've seen

If you have a druid, even a resto druid, they can eat a large portion of the damage by going into bear form right before the stomp hits (and hitting barkskin when it's up). If you have a rogue who knows how to play sub, they can get the feint talent to handle a stomp on their side.

The healthpool between the two bosses is shared, so you don't need to split your DPS evenly in terms of trying to match numbers.

Ultimately, the damage comes in huge chunks, but the overall damage to the encounter is pretty light. You get a long reprieve when he starts doing his AoE move (he takes awhile to cast his next stomp after that ) in which you can regen mana and use more efficient heals to get people up.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2011-12-07 at 07:49 AM.

We killed it earlier in 10 man heroic with 4 healers 2 tanks 4 dps, The health pool IS shared. A good note, the crystals will ONLY target ranged classes unless one of them die. You need to have 2 ranged dps along with your 4 healers at least to be able to do that fight, if not it will target a ranged in a different group and 1 shot him. Another thing to note, is stomp will deal increased damage to the 2 closest targets, we had myself (Prot pally) and a fury war soaking one, she didnt have a problem due to her high armor but she does dip pretty low, in the other group we just had our rogue feint to reduce the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    Do morchok and his copy share healthpool or do we have to down both individually ?
    It's shared but it evens out over time, at least from what I saw. I could be wrong though. In our kill we had to 4 heal it and have 4 dps nuke the boss down. Our biggest issue was melee randomly dying to stomps.

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    They share health.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzuz View Post
    It's shared but it evens out over time, at least from what I saw. I could be wrong though. In our kill we had to 4 heal it and have 4 dps nuke the boss down. Our biggest issue was melee randomly dying to stomps.
    How's the enrage like with 4 healers?

Going to edit this post with our guild's kill. HD so it's easy to see what we do.

Anyways, on 10 man, we did 4 healers, 4 dps (2 range, 2 melee) and 2 tanks.
    We split up the raid in groups of 5 and a kept a pretty good distance apart (25-30 yds) Keep 1 melee right under each bosses ass to soak the stomp damage with the tank.
    For each crystal in the 2 groups, 2 healers and 1 range would soak it.
    Lust at 20%. Win.

Both boss mobs DO share a health pool. This fight is a joke with only ~22 million hp, I believe.

Keep in mind that the two players closest to the boss take double the share of damage. This will usually be the tank and one other person designated for this. We math'd it out and it does around 215k damage to the two closest to the boss before any reductions.

Plate classes do the best in general. In particular, Paladin of any spec are great since they have so many cooldowns. Rogues can Feint and apparently a well timed Cloak works as well. Fire Mages can Cauterize through the damage. Deterrance does NOT work, but relatively high armor from mail and a glyphed Raptor Strike does work well. Shaman can also soak with Stoneclaw Totem glyphed. Druids can go into bear form. Resto Druids can pop tree form and Barkskin (just barkskin makes it dangerous). You can do all sorts of other tricks with cooldowns.

We used four healers for our kill. It made the fight completely cruise control and we had absolutely ZERO problems with it. We killed it on the second attempt after adding two more healers.

Deleted
    Our dps roster consists of rogue, 2 boomkins, 2 hunters, 1 mage and 1 lock ... We can use rogue feint in one group but what about in the other group ? Would we use a boomkin ?

I see this becoming pretty painful for ranged heavy teams
    Last edited by mmoca69a39dfab; 2011-12-07 at 08:04 AM.