Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm geared as balls and I never ever touch fol in pve. I'm somewhere around 394-395 ilvl. Only time I EVER touch fol is if I'm forced to move, I get infusion of light and hs is on cd and someone is low. That's it.

Edit: another thing a poster said was 3 healers in a 10man including two holy paladins is going to be tons of sniped heals. Last time I 3healed a 10man I was a dick and using fol and overheating just to snipe(pug mind you... I raid 25s).
    Last edited by Chudbrochil; 2011-12-09 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    This is a good example of why there are fewer good players around here than what the forum needs. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made the following point. Thirty would probably not be an exaggeration.

The fact that the boss died is NOT all that matters. It’s not even top three.

This whole situation is a poster child for why “well, the boss died” is a stupid thing to give importance to. This guy clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s a burden on his raid. Other Healers are having to pick up his slack or his whole raid is forced to bring an extra Healer to compensate if the problem is more widespread.

If he’s blowing all his mana through his poor decisions, that means he’s not prepared to handle “oh shit” moments when everything doesn’t go as planned. And he’s not a good person to have in raid when you're trying to kill something that is hard. How many wipes could he have prevented before the boss finally went down? As Healers, we have probably the greatest capacity to turn a close call into a kill. And this guy clearly has a diminished ability in that regard.

Among many other reasons, “the boss died and we’re still alive” is a stupid point to make because it doesn’t take into account all the “we died and the boss is still alive” that happened before that.
    EG-F**K'IN ZACTLY!
    You thinking that the boss is dead and you're all still alive qualifies you as a "good" healer is absurd. An excuse bads make when they get beat on the meters. IMO it's just as stupid as saying "I only lost in healing because the top was a -insert whatever OP class you hear complained about for that patch-"
    Just my opinion but one i feel strongly about and one that most top end healers agree on. If I'm in a ten man and I'm 65% healing done. I'm pissed, that qualifies as a carry. Also if we wipe and I'm 65% healing done, you bet 100g I'm whispering the raid leader the healing meters and requesting the lowest healer to be booted. Just because you didn't notice the other healers carrying you doesn't make you good. As healers we are the most under respected role in the raids. We're the first in question for what happened on that last wipe. And when we save some idiot from dying, coincidentally preventing a wipe. That's just us doing our job. The least you could do is help making sure everyone is topped off and stay competitive so that one healer isn't doing all the work and then OOM when the real hard part comes. And to put a different perspective on it, how many hours have you put into the game, on that healer alone? Wouldn't you wanna look like your'e at least good at it?

Edit: thought i might as well respond to OP from what I've seen as far a reg 10m DS, its pretty easily 2 healable i did it with me and a resto druid and it was fun and doable, 3 healers *might* be needed for 10h idk, but to have 3 healers for normal modes would be a snipe fest. which is probably why his mastery was making the difference, keep doing what your doing because if what you told us is accurate... you're the better healer overall.
    Last edited by Aerumnous; 2011-12-12 at 01:15 AM.