Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Turtle Tanks Ultraxion? DISCUSS?

So theres some rumors going around, that they turtle tanked ultraxion, wondering if this is true? if it is do you guys think its a clever use of game mechanics or a exploit? wondering what everyone thinks. Personally I see an exploit as something that isn't normally intended to be available to the players, however a turtle tank is?

Deleted
    Pretty sure the only reason they had a BM hunter was for 3% raid damage.

inb4 turtle gets banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hunter pet tanking has always been intended to be available for players, no one just really uses that strategy unless it's the optimal thing to do, as it seems to have been in order to beat the enrage timer on Ultraxion. Same thing with warlock pet tanking, you could use both classes' pets to tank 5mans if you really wanted to, but no one wants to because it's easier to run with a real player as the tank, not to mention that pet tanking would be horrid in every scenario that isn't a patchwerk-type add-free single-target no-moving-required fight.

Either Exodus really did use a turtle, or everyone has just been affected by a severe case of trollism.

Now, can we get a lock on this thread as well?
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-12-07 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Well hunter pet tanking has always been intended to be available for players, no one just really uses that strategy unless it's the optimal thing to do, as it seems to have been in order to beat the enrage timer on Ultraxion. Same thing with warlock pet tanking, you could use both classes' pets to tank 5mans if you really wanted to, but no one wants to because it's easier to run with a real player as the tank, not to mention that pet tanking would be horrid in every scenario that isn't a patchwerk-type add-free single-target no-moving-required fight.

Now, can we get a lock on this thread as well?
    This, please, before it turns into a __ __ __ thread.
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care.

If the turtle tanking the boss is an exploit then a rogue using daggers/swords or a healer using heal spells is an exploit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daizeyyy View Post
    inb4 turtle gets banned
    8 day ban on turtle wont stop use of bears

Deleted
    How on earth would that be remotely considered as an exploit?

It's not as if they found a bug where you could fight Ultraxion without him actually doing melee swings.

Good idea, considering he is the dps check
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    i really hope they did.

would be pure awesome.

TURTLE POWER

Lock please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    i really hope they did.

would be pure awesome.
    Yes, so awesome...

This is me caring. < - >
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care.

10+ Year Old Account
    They used a turtle as an intelligent means of beating a very tight enrage. It's not a setup my guild has available, but that doesn't mean I'm against them using it. I'm more curious how close to the timer were they even with an extra dps being available. I don't know that any guild was able to get the kill on the PTR.

This isn't the first time kripp used his pet to tank a boss for us. Our first Majardomo kill was all kripps turtle.

In b4 pseudo-elitist 25m QQ

I think that turtle should be banned. It's obviously an exploit and wasn't intended.

That turtle was aware of his actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If "they" did, it'll be fixed like Voidwalker tanking Sartharion was in Wrath. Thanks to that fix, the Voidwalker is now useless for anything that could be remotely regarded as tanking (for the record it's not much use for anything else either).

I have no idea who "they" are though, so I think this is probably just a rumour.

what i wanna know is how long other guilds are gonna try to "turtle-tank" ultraxion before they either:

A) get world 2nd kill
    or
    B) realise they got trolled hilariously and wasted a lot of raid time

10+ Year Old Account
    People have used pets to tank raid bosses in the past. If it turns out the fight is easier when using a pet to tank it the most likely outcome would be that Blizzard change the fight in some way to make sure that this isn't possible, because it wouldn't be the intended way to do the fight. It wouldn't be considered an exploit though so it's not the same thing as, say, Saronite Bombs. The difference is quite distinct.

Having said that though, I'm pretty sure the turtle thing was a joke in this case.

I loved this story, I really did