Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone always says their faction is less mature / loses more pvp / is less active / blah. I wouldn't choose a faction based on who you think will have the better player base for what you want to do. As more and more people join, the demographics for your faction and server will begin to match those of other servers and other factions.

So chances are everyone else is playing on a server where all the other players share three brain cells. If its anything like WoW, the only difference between two given servers will be republic/empire ratio, depending on how "cool" the server name is for a given faction vs. overall faction balance. If Bioware named servers A, B, C, etc they'd probably get close to the same ratio on each server too.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Iam kinda torn aswell, but since Iam goan go Empire I will take IA but I still hate the fact you cant be Twilek on a IA, on a Smugler u can

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2nd View Post
    Smuggler.... just for the hat ^_^
    And the Wookie companion.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Smuggler has best companion besides BH's Blizz idd

The IA female bot should be a fun companion aswell, I haent played IA in beta but iam sure she has some comedy

Deleted
    I played Smuggler for about 18 levels and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline going with it. They felt really relateable because they were on the good side, but weren't uncompromisingly good like the jedi. They fight dirty when need be but have their heart in the right place. They're perfect for the people who think of the Empire as too evil and the jedi as goody-twoshoes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    I haven't played much into a smuggler, but I've played sniper to about fifteen, the class is full of political intrigue, and going undercover to further your own/ the empire's agenda feels pretty fun, especially since the agent VA is a brit, it's so fun to respond with scathing sarcasm to everything.
    The accent reminded me of Simon Cowell. It made some of the harsher, more sarcastic dialogue options very funny.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Iam kinda torn aswell, but since Iam goan go Empire I will take IA but I still hate the fact you cant be Twilek on a IA, on a Smugler u can
    I'm tempted to be a smurf as they look pretty awesome with higher dark side levels. Either that or a cyborg like I played in the beta.

Thanks for all the input, I'm going to go IA...

Now to find a good, mature pve guild on an east coast server that will take an experienced player.
    God is great, Beer is good, and people are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Grevus View Post
    Thanks for all the input, I'm going to go IA...

Now to find a good, mature pve guild on an east coast server that will take an experienced player.
    We have 6 guild spots left before we hit our 40 player cap, see my sig for website.

The post in here describes my style and the guilds culture too.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-guild-thread

Have found a bunch of people from the MMO-Champ forums who are EST PvE playing Empire side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Ive already provided this proof on the boards of SWTOR.

this is BS. There is no difference whatsoever. The same 2 guys in that thread repeating wrong information over and over. You don't lose cover on either class, only the animation looks different.

Deleted
    The voice of the agent is just to good to roll a smuggler. At least for me. Also the ship is A LOT cool-looking if you are not into rugged looking stuff.

So what will it be,

Indiana Jones/ Han solo (same actor?) Or Bond, oh i mean James bond?
    Interesting because out of this option i prefeer Indiana jones, but in SWTOR i will roll an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The voice of the agent is just to good to roll a smuggler. At least for me. Also the ship is A LOT cool-looking if you are not into rugged looking stuff.

So what will it be,

Indiana Jones/ Han solo (same actor?) Or Bond, oh i mean James bond?
    Interesting because out of this option i prefeer Indiana jones, but in SWTOR i will roll an agent.
    With as many females as my IA boned along the way in his story he definitely fits into the James Bond mold.

Everytime I met another female in game I was shaking her hand saying to myself "Im gonna have sex with you soon, I just know it"

Neither....

the IA's gear looks awesome late-game like Splinter cell and has a good story

i hate the cover mechanic though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewl View Post
    the IA's gear looks awesome late-game like Splinter cell and has a good story

i hate the cover mechanic though
    That's why you go Operative, they're better anyways!

Deleted
    Smuggler. You will be on the side with less kiddies.
    Empire is full of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    That's why you go Operative, they're better anyways!
    This one knows that they are talking about!

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alver View Post
    Smuggler. You will be on the side with less kiddies.
    Empire is full of kids.
    I love generalizations like this. I guarantee you take the amount of obnoxious people from both factions and it is relatively the same, with the same behavior, spouting the same drivel in General chat.

If you think kids aren't attracted to playing a Jedi toon or the trooper with "the big bazooka" you are crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They both play exactly the same. The question you have to ask is whether you want to go Republic or Empire.

Both have pretty cool stories. Smuggler will resemble Han Solo, IA will resemble 007/CIA type of dealy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If you care about voice actors--seeing as you're spending forever listening to their voices, the female operative is female Hawke from Dragon Age II. The female smuggler is Linka from Captain Planet/Coraline's mom from the movie Coraline.

Being a female operative is like playing sarcastic Hawke in Dragon Age II the entire time. It's awesome.

IMO it comes down to:

Do you want to be James Bond, or Malcolm Renolds?

I find it interesting how so many of the agent story comments are at least loosely similar to the trooper as well.

From what I can gather, the overall feel for the story between the two is quite similar, with the major difference being that the trooper is a bit more military but has relatively little interaction with the jedi whereas the agent is a little more lone wolf and has to deal with the sith
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.