Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Agent is the best imbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I never tried the smuggler. I loved the agent storyline. Lordy my gal was a kick to play. Good luck!

They are basically the same class. TOR uses a mirror class system. One faction's Jedi Knight is Sith Warrior in another. The key differences are story and setting. Which are excellent for most classes- well, Jedi are kinda boring. But the others are fantastic.

I have no love for Star Wars. The storylines are just that good.

I think both are awesome and will end up playing both. IA had a really cool feel to it, but I didn't get too far. cool companions, and sniping!

Smuggler is just an overall badass asskicker. I loved my Smuggler last beta weekend, and the story was getting hilarious at Tatooine. just awesome. no sniping, but ..... dual wield or .... a shotgun to "backstab" with!

If all my friends wouldn't want to play empire, i'd go gunsliger.
    They look damn amazing, and charged burst looks and sounds 121345 million times better than snipe.
    And he's more badass.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    We have 6 guild spots left before we hit our 40 player cap, see my sig for website.

The post in here describes my style and the guilds culture too.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...R-guild-thread

Have found a bunch of people from the MMO-Champ forums who are EST PvE playing Empire side.
    Applied Thanks for the referal
    God is great, Beer is good, and people are crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    From a story PoV I played both of them for about 15 levels or so and the the Agent's storyline was much better.

Smuggler felt like the standard Han Solo sort of story you'd expect where it's like "Oh i've lost my ship, betta get it back. Hey hot woman /flirt/flirt"

Imperial Agent played out as I expected it would but then all of a sudden it was like "Whoa..."

Deleted
    They are exactly the same class in terms of mechanics and gameplay and talents. Only visual graphics, names and story quests are different. So you are basicly chosing between han solo or james bond

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to go operative but the armours just look silly to me, not really a fan of the whole trench coat thing they got going
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    this is BS. There is no difference whatsoever. The same 2 guys in that thread repeating wrong information over and over. You don't lose cover on either class, only the animation looks different.
    i suggest you actually READ the whole thread. There are TWO bonusses you can get from cover.

When you are using cover, any kind of cover, you gain a 20% defense bonus to ranged attacks in an arch infront of you. No matter if you stand, sit, sleep or if you are reading the morning paper. This bonus ALWAYS applies.

When you use NATURAL cover, or a portable cover against natural cover, there is a SECOND bonus you can attain. While you are crouched down, attacks made from the front will deal (virtually) no damage. Im speaking off direct attacks such as Blaster fire. They will pop up not as damage, but saying "Cover". As they got "absorbed" by the cover you are in.

The moment the IA stands up to cast Snipe when in natural cover, he loses bonus nr2. And will take damage, and if he doesnt have the pushback immunity yet. His Snipe cast will also be delayed.
    The Smuggler however DOES NOT stand up when he starts casting Charged Burst. He remains crouched down. And by remaining crouched down he continues to avoid direct frontal damage, CCs and pushbacks on his cast.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2011-12-09 at 06:34 AM.

Also, Agent just has a cooler ring to it (and it's following advanced classes) than the Smuggler line.

I absolutely LOVED the "behind the scenes" story my character played out. It had me feeling clever and, if I wanted to be, smarmy.

I'm usually a republic fanboy, but in this case Imperial Agent all the way. Sniper Rifles are way cooler than pistols, besides the british accent makes snarking much more enjoyable, especially since the female IA voice actor is the same as my snarky Hawke from DA2. Oh yeah, and James Bond tops Han Solo.

That's easy. Agent. Come to the dark side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want to be an imperialistic douche or a Mr. Rogers clone? Classes should feel the same play wise.
    I like sandwiches

Smuggler all the way. Dusters, cowboy hats, pistols and shotguns are way more stylin' than a black uniform and a rifle. The story is also very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Han Solo Malcolm Renolds or James Bond?
    And now the choice is much harder =/