Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue pick-pocketing service for Hagara question

I was thinking of offering this on my server tonight. maybe get a raid full of rogues to do it 5k a pop? But I was wondering my group cleared up to Hahara and cleared her trash yesterday. If i set up a run for some rogues would i have to re clear the trash?

Awsome sig made by :Eis
    Jayne Cobb: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Pretty sure the trash would have reset by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes you will have to redo the trash. Last night our group had all of our rogue alts come in and grab the item off her and we had to soft reset and re-clear trash each time for the quest item to regen.
    Loser since Feb. 05'

Weren't they going to fix that to only 1 per lockout? Not sure if it's hotfixed already or not.

You do not have to reset trash...Pickpocket - Vanish, rinse and repeat. We got three rogues their quest item in 5 minutes last night. Not sure why people are paying so much money for a lockout, considering the first three bosses take less than an hour to clear...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al3sinth View Post
    Yes you will have to redo the trash. Last night our group had all of our rogue alts come in and grab the item off her and we had to soft reset and re-clear trash each time for the quest item to regen.
    Guess they fixed it thou, as last week in our alt run, we had 3 rogues pickpocketing her by simply, first rogue pickpockets, pulls the boss and die. Next rogue comes in and does the same.

So we didn't have to reclear trash everytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    Weren't they going to fix that to only 1 per lockout? Not sure if it's hotfixed already or not.
    I haven't seen any blue comments to indicate they are planning to limit it to one per lockout. But if they do intend to make that change, they haven't done it yet. Just a few hours ago, two of us got the ring by pull/vanish/respawning her.

To OP yes, trash would have respawned if you left the instance long enough to soft reset (30 min)

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    Guess they fixed it thou, as last week in our alt run, we had 3 rogues pickpocketing her by simply, first rogue pickpockets, pulls the boss and die. Next rogue comes in and does the same.

So we didn't have to reclear trash everytime.
    You don't even have to die. You can vanish and she will despawn and respawn with the ring. But if you soft reset or leave the instance, you do need to reclear trash.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    damn ya we did it last night but didnt down her had some people leave so we called it. didnt want to make a group to clear trash then back in there again =/

Jayne Cobb: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    You do not have to reset trash...Pickpocket - Vanish, rinse and repeat. We got three rogues their quest item in 5 minutes last night. Not sure why people are paying so much money for a lockout, considering the first three bosses take less than an hour to clear...
    Because even the stage 1 questline can be done solo apart from looting the thing so its 5k for the BiS weapons (due to the bonus it also works great for combat) preraid. Since valor or the new heroics dont offer weapons beyond 378, LFR only holds ilvl384 its 5k well spend.
    Ill prolly end up paying someone to use their instance as well, haven't raided on my rogue in years and its either paying a few gold for a guaranteed quest-line start or praying to run into a pug thats able to kill 3/8 normal without disbanding or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't 5k alot, id pay like 2k at the most.
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    isn't 5k alot, id pay like 2k at the most.
    Guess you're not a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    5-15k is what its going for on my server. at least the first week but i was out for most of it :s

10+ Year Old Account
    University: Flagstaff, AZ Summer: Phoenix, AZ
    This is clearly intended to be a once per lockout thing (sound familiar) and yet I don't see anyone raging about exploiting in this thread. Maybe it's because nobody in this thread has the name <Dream Paragon> or <Exodus> attached to their names.
    I would go as far as to guess that some of you may have even participated in the countless "ggrrrrrr im mad about clever guilds using mechanics to get extra gear in a way that DOESNT FING AFFECT ME AT ALL but still bothers me because im not good enough to do this trick" threads.

Hypocrisy is hilarious.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I like Caesar salads. I'll be the first to admit it. But what I really can't stand is a salad with way too much dressing on it. It really ruins the salad.

Your post is so drenched in frustration and sarcasm that it's really ruining my salad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al3sinth View Post

or you could just have everyone but the rogue port out of Eye, have the rogue aggro Hagara and pop Vanish to force Hagara to reset...

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 05:02 PM ----------

15K when you include the cost of paying 10K to charge the decoder ring on top of the 5K to get let in on a pickpocket run.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Sand Wigger View Post
    This is clearly intended to be a once per lockout thing (sound familiar) and yet I don't see anyone raging about exploiting in this thread. Maybe it's because nobody in this thread has the name <Dream Paragon> or <Exodus> attached to their names.
    I would go as far as to guess that some of you may have even participated in the countless "ggrrrrrr im mad about clever guilds using mechanics to get extra gear in a way that DOESNT FING AFFECT ME AT ALL but still bothers me because im not good enough to do this trick" threads.

Hypocrisy is hilarious.
    The decoder ring that kickstarts the quest chain is a generic quest item. Furthermore, since the dawn of WOW, forcing a mob to respawn/reset has always forced its once-empty pockets to refill. Besides, turning the ring in doesn't exactly automatically net you the first stage of daggers. Rogues still have to sneak their way through a gauntlet of hostiles in Gilneas City with heightened stealth detection and kill a boss and then repeat the same process in the Kharazan Crypts in quests intended to separate the wheat from the chaff.

In spite of this pickpocket reset, there are still going to be a lot of bad rogues stuck without daggers or stuck at the first rung begging Blizzard for nerfs to the quest line.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2011-12-07 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

This is clearly intended to be a once per lockout thing (sound familiar)
    That's not clear to me at all. Why would that be the case? Even if your raid group normally contained two rogues, is the intention for only one of them to be able to do it?

The cost for the lockout on my server is free; pugs are able to clear 4/8.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is clearly intended to be a once per lockout thing (sound familiar) and yet I don't see anyone raging about exploiting in this thread. Maybe it's because nobody in this thread has the name or attached to their names.
    Clearly? How do you figure that?

Blizzard had to have made a conscious decision when they decided to make the ring respawn automatically after 15 minutes. That seems to imply that they wanted it to be accessible to multiple rogues on the same lockout. It would be different if it didn't respawn on its own and people were force respawning it with soft resets or something sketchy, but that isn't the case. Furthermore, at any point, Blizzard could have hotfixed it to keep it from respawning but they have not and it's been over a week, while they have always hotfixed legitimate raiding exploits very quickly before.

Even if you are right that it's not intended -- and I don't think you are -- it's certainly not "clear" that is the case.

Finally, since it's only step 1 of the chain, I don't see any reason why Blizzard wouldn't allow every rogue in a raid to acquire the ring that is needed to begin the chain. After all, everyone in a Firelands raid who was eligible could pick up the quest from Stormwind or the Molten giant guy. The bottleneck is collecting the fragments.

Hypocrisy is hilarious.
    This has nothing to do with the thread and is based on assumptions that are probably wrong. You're just picking petty fights.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-12-07 at 11:30 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Finally, since it's only step 1 of the chain, I don't see any reason why Blizzard wouldn't allow every rogue in a raid to acquire the ring that is needed to begin the chain. After all, everyone in a Firelands raid who was eligible could pick up the quest from Stormwind or the Molten giant guy. The bottleneck is collecting the fragments.
    It is a bit different than Dragonwrath; DW required 25 Eternal Embers (boss kills) and 9k gold + solo quest and four boss fights to attune the portal and special raid boss kill before you got stage 1's Branch of Nordrassil.

Fangs of the Father requires only one pickpocket and 10k gold and the solo quest. No raiding required for phase 1. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but the two aren't really comparable.

Doesnt seem to work anymore

Guild just got to this boss, we had a rogue in the group, he got his, about 30 minutes later have tried to reset the boss 3 times, also waited 30+ minutes, it now says the pockets have already been picked.

Deleted
    Weird, we had 2 rogues in our social run today. One pickpocketed, the other person pulled afterwards while we stood out of range, and vanished with like 200hp (lol). She respawned super quick (2-3 seconds or so) and he could also pickpocket.