Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sith Warrior: Juggernaut Vengeance DPS Compendium

Ive thrown together some information on the Vengeance specced Juggernaut. Hope you enjoy.

This link has all the tooltips for abilities and armour.
    http://empirebailbonds.enjin.com/for...ts-information

Here is a copy of the info:

Sith Warrior: Juggernaut Vengeance DPS Compendium

Introduction:
    The Juggernaut advanced class uses a single lightsaber for dps that relies on powerful strikes to down its opponents rather than the acrobatics and finesse that the Marauder uses. Unlike the Marauder the Juggernaut utilizes heavy armour and this gives him the ability to take more damage as well as spec into a tanking roll if needed.

Sith Warrior Forms:
    Forms are stances in which you gain certain benefits based on which form you use. As dps you will use:

Shien Form: This a great form because it increases your damage output as well as refunds 1 rage when you use rage consuming abilities. 11th point talent in vengeance tree.

Rage Mechanic:
    Sith Warriors class is based around the mechanic of Rage. Rage is a resource that is generated and consumed using a variety of abilities.

Rage Gaining Abilities:

Assault: No cooldown spammable rage gain ability. Requires level 1

Sundering Assault: Reduces targets armour by 20% at 5 stacks. Generates 2 rage (3 rage talented). Requires level 10

Juggernauts also have other options to gain rage but they have a longer cooldown and are more situational.

Force Charge: should always be used at the beginning of a fight. This ability generates 3 rage has a 15sec cooldown. To use this ability the target must not be behind cover and also the target must be at least 10m away. Requires level 2.

Saber Throw: Generates 3 rage and has a 30sec cooldown. Use at the start of a fight preceding force charge to give you 6 rage at your disposal. Use it whenever the cooldown is up. Target must be at least 10m away. Requires level 36.

Enrage: This a great ability to use if you want to throw out some extra dps for a burn phase or whenever more dps is needed. Enrage has a 60sec cooldown and generates 6 rage. Requires level 22.

Force Choke: is channelled over 3sec gaining 1rage/sec. Has a 60sec cooldown and should only be used in fights that do not have a lot of movement or when you can get the full benefit of it. Requires level 24.

Primary Rage Consuming Abilities:

Now since you figured out how to build all that lovely rage it is time to see what we can spend it on.

Vicious Slash: Has no cooldown costs 3 rage. This ability will act like a rage dump for when your other abilities are on cooldown and you have extra rage to spend. Requires Level 1.

Force Scream:It costs 4 rage and has a 12sec (9sec Talented) cooldown. Requires level 6

Impale: 21 point talent in vengeance tree. This one of our hardest hitting abilities we get. Has a 15sec (9sec Talented) cooldown and costs 4 rage. Should always be used when available.

Shatter: 31 point talent in vengeance tree. Another heavy hitter that deals more damage on the DoT then the initial strike. Has a 9sec cooldown and costs 5 rage.

Vicious Throw: Our single hardest hitting ability we acquire but is only usable when the targets HP is 20% or less and during that time has the highest priority. Has a 6sec cooldown and costs 3 rage. Requires level 46.

Other Abilities:

Smash: This an AoE ability that costs no rage when talented and has a 15second cooldown. Can be used for AoE purposes only or in your rotation for free extra damage if other ability cooldowns permit it. Requires level 3. Generates 1 rage in shien form.

Sweeping Slash: Frontal cone ability that has no cooldown and costs 3 rage. Requires level 32.

Ravage: Another channelled ability that requires you to be stationary. Not very useful in fights that require constant moving. 30sec cooldown and costs 0 rage. Requires level 8.

Unnatural Might- 60min duration buff to yourself and party member which increases damage by all attacks and healing done by 5%

This spec is designed around max dps for operations and has some wiggle room for people with specific play styles but a lot of talents i find are mandatory. Here is a breakdown of the talents stating which are mandatory or optional. Talents that are coloured blue are mandatory and pink is optional.

Vengeance Tree
    Tier 1(Vengeance)
    Single Saber Mastery- Increases Melee damage by 6%. This combined with Shien form will give a total of 12% melee damage increase.
    Decimate- increases damage dealt by smash by 30% good for AoE situations.
    Improved Sundering Assault- Allows your main rage builder to add an extra stack of sunder armor to allow for more damage being dealt sooner rather then later.

Tier 2(Vengeance)
    Accuracy- Increases accuracy by force and melee attacks by 3%. This a crucial talent as the goal will be to reach 100% hit so we cannot miss our attacks.
    Dreadnaught- Increases Strength by 6%. This is our main stat and it improves damage and increases crit % definitely needed.
    Unyielding- Generates 4 rage when knocked down, asleep or stunned.

Tier 3(Vengeance)
    Draining Scream- Gives one of your main attacks extra damage in DoT form.
    Shien Form- Our main form we will use. Increases damage by 6% and also refunds 1 rage on rage consuming abilities.
    Pooled Hatred- Whenever your movement is impaired you gain a damage buff stacking up to 5 times. I find this useful because a lot of encounters have ways to limit your movement be it knockbacks or slows. 10% bonus to your next melee up to 50% fully stacked.

Tier 4(Vengeance)
    Deadly Reprisal- Gives 1 rage when you take aoe damage in Shien form. Good extra rage for encounters that have aoe where you cant avoid the first tick.
    Vengeance- Reduces cooldown for 2 of your main abilities. Faster they up more dps you will do.
    Ruin- Smash no longer costs rage. Great for added dps at no cost.

Tier 5(Vengeance)
    Impale- A crucial high dps ability.
    Savagery- When using impale or Vicious Throw your Force Scream and Vicious Throw abilities have a 60% crit chance increase.
    Eviscerate- Gives Impale added damage in the form of a DoT

Tier 6(Vengeance)
    Rampage- Gives Impale and Shatter a 30% chance to refresh the cooldown of Ravage

Tier 7(Vengeance)
    Shatter- Our highest hitting ability(DoT included)

Rage Tree
    Tier 1(Rage)
    Malice- Increases crit by 6% for all force attacks
    Ravager- Reduces cooldown of ravage by 3sec and force choke by 10sec

Immortal Tree
    Tier 1(Immortal)
    Enraged Sunder- Our main rage building ability will produce an extra rage.
    Quake- Smash is a free ability and with this talent makes it a nice raid utility helping the tanks alleviate some incoming damage.
    Battle Cry- 100% chance that Force Charge makes your next Force Scream cost no rage.

Rotation

Beginning of Fight:
    Saber Throw --> Force Charge --> Sundering Assault --> Shatter --> Force Scream -->Enrage --> Sundering Assault --> Impale --> Force Scream

After that just prioritize using abilities off cooldown
    1)Sundering Assault
    2)Shatter
    3)Impale
    4)Force Scream
    5)Ravage
    5)Force Choke
    5)Smash(Throw in whenever you can fit it without getting in the way of the abilities above)

Sub 20% Phase:
    Enrage --> Sundering Assault --> Vicious Throw --> Shatter --> Sundering Assault --> Force Choke --> Vicious Throw

After that just prioritize using abilities off cooldown
    1)Vicious Throw
    2)Sundering Assault
    3)Shatter
    4)Impale
    5)Force Scream
    6)Ravage
    5)Smash(Throw in whenever you can fit it without getting in the way of the abilities above)

Stat Discussion

Level 50 Base Stats:
    Strength : 250
    Endurance : 225
    Aim : 50
    Cunning : 50
    Willpower : 100
    Presence : 225
    (Provided By: Freehugs)

Primary Stats:
    Strength --> Accuracy --> Power --> crit --> surge

Strength: adds melee damage / crit %
    Accuracy: adds +hit chance
    Power: adds melee, force and tech damage
    Crit: Increases crit %
    Surge: Increases critical damage

Bonus Damage
    1 Strength = 0.2 Bonus Damage
    1 Power = 0.23 Bonus Damage

Bonus Force Damage
    1 Strength = 0.2 Bonus Damage
    1 Force Power = 0.23 Bonus Damage

Crit Chance
    1 Strength = .008 Crit Chance
    1 Crit Rating = 0.044 Crit Chance

Critical Bonus Damage
    1 Surge Rating = 0.2 Increase in Crit damage

Accuracy
    1 Accuracy = 0.0362 hit chance

Level 50 Best in Slot Gear: Before Raids (Prototype Quality Only)

This list will be updated often as new gear and options are found.

Armor

Implant: Ultratech Weaponmaster's Package x2
    Relic: Matrix Cube M7-G0x2
    Ear: Entropic Might D-Device
    Head: Primeval Vindicator's Headgear
    Chest: Primeval Vindicator's ChestReplace stock enhancement with Adept Enhancement 25
    Legs: Primeval Vindicator's Greaves
    Gloves: Primeval Vindicator's Handgear
    Boots: Primeval Vindicator's Boots
    Waist: Primeval Vindicator's Belt
    Wrist: Primeval Vindicator's Armguards
    Shield Generator: Ultratech Weaponmaster's Power Generator
    Augment Slot: Might Augment 25 Use in all pieces. Will give 390 extra strength. Weapon included.
    Weapon

Lightsaber:
    Requires Dark Side Tier 4
    Vile Primeval Vindicator's Lightsaber
    Requires Light Side Tier 4
    Virtuous Primeval Vindicator's Lightsaber
    Neutral
    Primeval Vindicator's Lightsaber
    Replace stock enhancement with Adept Enhancement 25

Stat Weights For Gear

228 Crit Rating: 8.72% Crit
    158 Surge Rating: 23.6 Bonus Crit Damage
    1425 Strength Rating: 285 Bonus Damage / 14.6% Crit
    207 Accuracy Rating: 6.75% Hit
    794 Endurance Rating: 7940 HP

With Stat Gains while levellingin and gear we get the following:
    23.3% Crit (26.9% from crit&str rating, 5% from Base)
    285 Bonus Damage
    99.75% Hit (96.75+3% talents)
    Last edited by Xorak; 2011-12-20 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Approved and it's all sticky... gross

You might want to stick the lightside version of that saber in there for the unknowing. http://www.torhead.com/item/adV0j2M

I'm seriously trapped between SW Juggernaut Vengeance and BH Mercenary Arsenal. I had a ton of fun with both and I suppose it will come down to whatever my guild needs more. Vengeance Juggernaut had a great combat style.
    Last edited by Tore; 2011-12-07 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    You might want to stick the lightside version of that saber in there for the unknowing. http://www.torhead.com/item/adV0j2M
    Thanks for pointing that out. Added a neutral one as well for people going that route.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Approved and it's all sticky... gross
    /slap "vegeance" typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Remains to be seen if Visious Slash will be used at all. With Impale on a rather short CD, and the need to keep Shatter on CD all the time, two abiities that cost a rather large amount of rage it will be interesting to see if you'll ever get to use Visious Slash. Imo Impale replaces VS for Vengeance spec.
    So Id use the two points in Brutality somewhere else.
    Also, we've set to see if Ravage will be a part of our main prio/rotation system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sick, ill definatley be looking this up come the 15th!

Deleted
    This is pretty much the same as JK:GV apart from its counterparts names?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightG View Post
    This is pretty much the same as JK:GV apart from its counterparts names?
    Yep. Exactly the same except for ability, talent, and item names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Yep. Exactly the same except for ability, talent, and item names.
    Cheers mate

Deleted
    from a PvE PoV - which i assume this is, you gain absolutely nothing by over capping your accuracy.
    As long as we don't know base defensive values of raid bosses, trying to negate their defenses (kinda like expertise in WoW) is a futile battle(and unknown if it even exists) and wihtout any numbers we might aswell spend all of our statpoints elsewhere.

Capping over 100% is for pvp mechanics - like Spell penetration in WoW.

You did not implement the 3% hit you gain from talents in your total stat gain. So you must either rellocate the talents and cut off 2.3 % of your hit (roughly 63 statpoints) or make a list of modifications that you must use instead.

Your BiS list will cap you 5.3 % over the hit cap, which is equal to 145 statpoints that could be allocated elsewhere.

145 statpoints could be equal to 33.5 bonus damage (Power stat) - which almost doubles your current bonus damage granted by Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    from a PvE PoV - which i assume this is, you gain absolutely nothing by over capping your accuracy.
    As long as we don't know base defensive values of raid bosses, trying to negate their defenses (kinda like expertise in WoW) is a futile battle(and unknown if it even exists) and wihtout any numbers we might aswell spend all of our statpoints elsewhere.

Capping over 100% is for pvp mechanics - like Spell penetration in WoW.

You did not implement the 3% hit you gain from talents in your total stat gain. So you must either rellocate the talents and cut off 2.3 % of your hit (roughly 63 statpoints) or make a list of modifications that you must use instead.

Your BiS list will cap you 5.3 % over the hit cap, which is equal to 145 statpoints that could be allocated elsewhere.

145 statpoints could be equal to 33.5 bonus damage (Power stat) - which almost doubles your current bonus damage granted by Power.
    Thanks for the input and letting me know where i can fix some things I really appreciate it. Made a couple changes with the enhancements in a couple pieces to drop the hit rating so it is no longer over capped and also included the 3% from talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    Thanks for the input and letting me know where i can fix some things I really appreciate it. Made a couple changes with the enhancements in a couple pieces to drop the hit rating so it is no longer over capped and also included the 3% from talents.
    Np man better that I find it, rather than someone who will rip your head off. - Now we need mmo to give swtor folks our own proper forum soon !

Oh - and now that I'm here.

You are missing the shield generator (just the dps version ofc) and your second relic and remember to implement the augments. Since there is alot of extra stats to be gained there - and it can get you to your 100 % accuracy aswell without changing any mods in your gear.
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2011-12-08 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elobi, as stated in your JK:GD guide, 30% is the hit cap. 27.5 points is 1% hit. That's an accuracy rating of 825.

In this guide it says 1 accuracy rating = 0.06 hit. That's 17 (16.66 repeating of course lawl) points of accuracy. To hit 30% that's an accuracy rating 500.

Am I missing something? Is my math completely off (trust me, I'm terrible with math)?

10+ Year Old Account
    cool guide, was thinking of making a Juggy Dps, so this will no doubt help alot.

One thing I notice though... looking at your BiS list am I right in thinking that 1/2 of the armor is BoP Synthweave gear? I noticed the same thing in the Guardian thread, all of the BiS armor seems to come from Synthweave... As I was planning on going Artifice, am I gimping myself massively?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Hey man!

I was looking thorugh your numbers, and it occured that to me that you hadn't calculated the +6% strength after gearing.

So I did it

But then I hit a rock, cus I've checked your links several times, and I simply cannot get the same amount of strenght as you did and especially not when adding the talented strength.

As you can see, is the actual amount of strength 822.

I took the liberty of adding a shield generator

Ultratech Weaponmaster's Power Generator

With the extra implant, shield and talented strength you just gained 33,40% extra bonus damage .. sweet.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 06:00 PM ----------

Elobi, as stated in your JK:GD guide, 30% is the hit cap. 27.5 points is 1% hit. That's an accuracy rating of 825.

In this guide it says 1 accuracy rating = 0.06 hit. That's 17 (16.66 repeating of course lawl) points of accuracy. To hit 30% that's an accuracy rating 500.

Am I missing something? Is my math completely off (trust me, I'm terrible with math)?

HMMMMM.. good question .. I dont know what formula he used to calculate his hit though.

I use Accuracy = (90% Base Chance) + 30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((AccuracyRating/Lvl)/0.55))

Simplified: (level*0,55) if you want the value equal to 1%

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    cool guide, was thinking of making a Juggy Dps, so this will no doubt help alot.

One thing I notice though... looking at your BiS list am I right in thinking that 1/2 of the armor is BoP Synthweave gear? I noticed the same thing in the Guardian thread, all of the BiS armor seems to come from Synthweave... As I was planning on going Artifice, am I gimping myself massively?
    No. Crafted gear is BoE and as a generel rule of thumb is the Crew skills not a must-have as in WoW to excel.It doesnt provide any extra stats.
    You can craft critical gear that will be equal to high -end raiding and some mods that will be outgeared when raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2011-12-09 at 12:55 AM.

You should be using smash after your shatter in the opening and then again at the end of your normal rotation from there to keep the debuff refreshed cost no rage plus the accuracy debuff accounts for 5% less damage your tanks receive.
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenik View Post
    You should be using smash after your shatter in the opening and then again at the end of your normal rotation from there to keep the debuff refreshed cost no rage plus the accuracy debuff accounts for 5% less damage your tanks receive.
    He didn't spec into Quake. But I figured, now that smash is free, that it should be used on cd ?

Thank you Elobi again, you've been quite some help keeps me on my toes . Added the second relic, generator and augments. Took into account strength talent into final strength ratings. Pending how often you can use Vicious Slash the points in Brutality can be moved to Quake for the added raid utility. Smash can be used whenever you can fit it into the rotation because its free ill add it to the priority list at the end. Thanks all for your comments ill be constantly updating the guide based on the feedback received so we can make this guide work to its fullest potential.

Deleted

I did some calculations.

and to much amusement to me and my brother, we figured why none of my calculations was correct when comparing his numbers to mine.

Basicly we found out that his accuracy (possibly the others aswell (checking them as we post)) calculations doesnt factor the level value -(we calculated his coeffiencents to correspend to roghly lvl 30 stat mechanics) - while mine are solely based on level 50 .

Due to my calculations his 138 accuracy rating will provide you with roughly 5 % hit chance.

Gonna run the other numbers after i've eaten.