Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    We basically did yellow>green unless is Yellow, Green, Black, Red. Then, we killed Green.

Horrible wipes all night, but I still think is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyes View Post
    Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green - Green, no aoe splash dmg, you can stack up.
    That may work
    [Blue, Green, Black, Red - Green, You can stack so it's easier to AoE adds down.
    Blue+Red may be hurt since we must keep boss very close to mana void all time, but it worth trying maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Can only comment on our experience but Leaving Green and Red up at the same time, combined with adds.... I can't see our healers pull that off atleast Maybe your two healers outplay ours a fuckload (which is possible let's face it ^^)... Then again not killing yellow leaves you with two adds spawns..

This combo has me in doubt the most
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    This won't work out, unless you have some serious raidhealing and positioning figured out to the millimeter to take minimal damage from both green and red while aoeing the adds. I'd say go for green with this setup. Getting double adds and raid damage which can be healed through while stacking is a whole lot simpler than some pre-4.3 ragnaros p4 gimmicks with adds and a truckload of more healing involved.
    Yellow+Black is 2 add spawns, Yellow+Red or Green is insane boss AoE damage. But I'm not sure, maybe we'll try Green tonight.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Ok, we wiped on it yesterday and recorded all combos we met. There are only six, and they are the same Espada wrote a few posts earlier.
    So we've done a list of what we want to kill in each combo. Didn't kill boss yet, so it may not work. This post is an asking for advice, not advice itself.

Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green
    Yellow, Blue, Purple Black
    Yellow, Purple, Black, Red
    Yellow, Green, Black, Red
    Blue, Purple, Green, Black
    Blue, Green, Black, Red

Any thoughts and advices would be great.

Upd: 10 man
    I'll go down that list fast. We killed it realm first.

1. Correct
    2. I would kill yellow aswell
    3. Correct
    4. Kill green, stack and use cd's.
    5. Easiest combination you can get tbh.
    6. Kill green and stack so adds are in a pack for aoe.

One thing we did was keeping mana voids alive until healers were drained again the next pack, and kept killing one when another spawned and drained. This always until we had a hard to heal combination, where we would kill the mana void beforehand.
    Last edited by mmoc94162f50f7; 2011-12-08 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried Yor'sahj myself since we start raiding tonight, but this is what i would do.

Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green - Green, no aoe splash dmg, you can stack up.
    Yellow,Blue,Purple, Black - Black, no adds so you can dps the boss more
    Yellow, Purple, Black, Red - Yellow, stack on boss, only red aoe raid dmg.
    Yellow, Green, Black, Red - Green, you can stack so it's easier to AoE the adds down.
    Blue, Purple, Green, Black - Black, no adds so spread and more dmg on boss.
    Blue, Green, Black, Red - Green, You can stack so it's easier to AoE adds down.

EDIT: Sorry for the really bright yellow xD
    Heroic alters the fight significally you can't stack with green, you can't ignore yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Ardorius View Post

1. Correct
    2. I would kill yellow aswell
    3. Correct
    4. Kill green, stack and use cd's.
    5. Easiest combination you can get tbh.
    6. Kill green and stack so adds are in a pack for aoe.
    5 is the easiest?
    You have green random single target damage
    You got purple massive raid damage
    You got blue no mana for the casters to heal no mana for the dps to kill

We found it pretty hard to handle this combination, with 3 caster dps

And also 6 feels wrong red is the only blob that you can ignore never caused us the slightest problem, the obvious choice to me is the green
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-12-08 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardorius View Post
    Oh, even better than I expected. Awesome, thanks.

And also 6 feels wrong red is the only blob that you can ignore never caused us the slightest problem, the obvious choice to me is the green
    Yeah, I thought Blue+Red is hard when posted it, but I changed my mind reading replies here. Same with 4th, I just didn't update my first post.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Deleted
    Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green
    The only damage going out is green, easy enough to heal through it even with purple limiting your heals. Just use big single target heals on each person.

Yellow, Blue, Purple, Black
    Same as above, only raid damage going out is black which will disappear as soon as you AoE. Easy to heal through if careful and if people use defensive CDs when focused by an add.

Yellow, Purple, Black, Red
    Nasty one, massive raid damage and lots of AoE. Use raid CDs. Alternately, kill yellow and heal through red+black with careful heals.

Yellow, Green, Black, Red
    Nasty one, lots of AoE damage and adds to AoE. Alternately, kill yellow and use some pro positioning to mitigate both green and red while AoEing adds. I've healed through it in 10m but it's hard as fuck.

Blue, Purple, Green, Black
    Easy, only green to heal through.

Blue, Green, Black, Red
    Moderate damage and adds to AoE. Alternately you can kill black, but this will require some heavy mana CDs from healers, some heavy raid CDs and some pro positioning.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-12-08 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Heroic alters the fight significally you can't stack with green, you can't ignore yellow
    Sorry you may have misunderstood me, i didn't say you could stack with green. I name the slimes to kill and then why to kill them. In that case if you kill the green one you can stack up.

Why would you take green over yellow in that first case ? If you remove green then the only big dmg is coming from yellow and that's on the tank. Ofcourse there's some shadow bolts flying aswel but isn't that dmg less then green aoe ?

+ Why don't you keep 1 mana orb alive at the start and keep it low and use mana cd's on that one so the next times when you get a blue orb you can just kill off the one that is already really low so you have mana back fast.

Deleted
    Sorry you may have misunderstood me, i didn't say you could stack with green. I name the slimes to kill and then why to kill them. In that case if you kill the green one you can stack up.

Why would you take green over yellow in that first case ? If you remove green then the only big dmg is coming from yellow and that's on the tank. Ofcourse there's some shadow bolts flying aswel but isn't that dmg less then green aoe ?

+ Why don't you keep 1 mana orb alive at the start and keep it low and use mana cd's on that one so the next times when you get a blue orb you can just kill off the one that is already really low so you have mana back fast.
    The idea with the blue has some merit, it might be worth trying out. However it sounds like you're giving yellow a lot less credit than it deserves. It is on average the highest damage of any slime, not only does it greatly increase tank damage - which, if you have a purple as well, makes you heal the tank more which blows up the raid more, it also AoEs the raid for a fair chunk, comparable to what green does. Speaking as a healer I'd much much rather heal purple+green than heal yellow+green.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 03:14 AM ----------

5 is the easiest?
    Purple is not massive raid damage unless you have to heal, and you don't have to heal much if there is only a green. I've healed through this. While I wouldn't call it easy, if you use single target heals well and have a nature resist aura or totem up it's fine. I would defintiely consider having purple+blue+green to be a blessing. Think of it this way, green only hits each person for ~40k after resists. Factoring in crit RNG you can output around ~200k healing on each person in the raid before blowing anyone up. You have plenty of wiggle room to heal around purple before green kills anyone.

Thinking about it, I believe going 2 heal 7 DPS with lots of raid CDs (thank you DPS druids) is not a bad setup for the fight, although 3 healers will be less RNG.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-12-08 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    5 is the easiest?

We found it pretty hard to handle this combination, with 3 caster dps

Green doesn't hit that hard. Blue can be countered by mana gems/shadowfiend/archangel/sw:death/innervate/mana hymns/mage armor/divine plea/life tap/etc. This should be done on the first. Then do what I said we did, and keep voids alive until a next one spawns and drains you.

Purple does not do raid damage. Just time your heals better so it doesn't reach 5 stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc94162f50f7; 2011-12-08 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    However it sounds like you're giving yellow a lot less credit than it deserves. It is on average the highest damage of any slime, not only does it greatly increase tank damage - which, if you have a purple as well, makes you heal the tank more which blows up the raid more, it also AoEs the raid for a fair chunk, comparable to what green does. Speaking as a healer I'd much much rather heal purple+green than heal yellow+green.
    Yeah looking at a lot of post it does seem that i'm giving yellow not enough credit for raid dmg. Thanks for pointing this out from a healer perspective

Deleted
    Awesome thread and replies thanks. I'll post my thoughts after tonights wipes/kills.

Really fun boss for a raidleader to work things out it seems

A question for groups that have killed him or those who have made significant progress: How many tanks/healers do you guys use? We only spent like 2 wipes on the fight it seemed like DPS is severely lacking (Manavoid/Adds lol).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabo520 View Post
    A question for groups that have killed him or those who have made significant progress: How many tanks/healers do you guys use? We only spent like 2 wipes on the fight it seemed like DPS is severely lacking (Manavoid/Adds lol).
    1 tank 2 healers seems standard.

1 tank 2 healers is the way to go on this fight. When a mana void spawns, don't have all of your dps leave the boss and jump straight to it, have your ranged dot it up and hop right back on the boss. Also don't be in a huge rush to kill the black adds either, as long as they are dead by the time the next wave of slimes comes out your good. The trick is to maximize your time on the boss and still manage to take care of the adds without sacrificing a ton of boss damage on them. We actually have been extremely melee heavy this entire xpac and happen to have 2 combat rogues and 2 frost DK's, the adds melt without anyone even trying to aoe.

I think most of them are no brainers, but the one that gets me is the raid killer. I think we're calling it number four in this post. Yellow, Green, Black, Red. How are people handling this. Last night we tried to kill green and stack, but one one attempt we blew hero, had our moonkin tranq, and during the stack our holy paladin and myself (disc priest) were healing for a combined 60k HPS at the peak of the damage and we STILL couldn't heal through it. That's blowing basically everything...tank CDs, PWB, aura mastery, etc. I'm beginning to think that you just have to kill yellow on this combo and try to position perfectly. It eliminates the ability to effectively use holy radiance and makes handling the adds harder, but the doubled abilities from yellow are just a killer.

We were 1 tank, 2 healers btw. Our dps was on pace on the couple of good attempts to do the boss in somewhere around the 9:45 mark.

Does anyone have any creative ideas on this combo? Something that I haven't thought of that can be done here? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zestrenocya View Post
    I think most of them are no brainers, but the one that gets me is the raid killer. I think we're calling it number four in this post. Yellow, Green, Black, Red. How are people handling this. Last night we tried to kill green and stack, but one one attempt we blew hero, had our moonkin tranq, and during the stack our holy paladin and myself (disc priest) were healing for a combined 60k HPS at the peak of the damage and we STILL couldn't heal through it. That's blowing basically everything...tank CDs, PWB, aura mastery, etc. I'm beginning to think that you just have to kill yellow on this combo and try to position perfectly. It eliminates the ability to effectively use holy radiance and makes handling the adds harder, but the doubled abilities from yellow are just a killer.

We were 1 tank, 2 healers btw. Our dps was on pace on the couple of good attempts to do the boss in somewhere around the 9:45 mark.

Does anyone have any creative ideas on this combo? Something that I haven't thought of that can be done here? Thanks.
    1 problem might be you are using 2 heavy single target healers, which may be good for those combinations with the purple ooze and small raid damage but for any heavy raid dmg combinations (especially one like Y,G,Bl,R) your going to have some trouble keeping up with the heals. why dont you try switching to holy? you should really only be casting greater heal when purple ooze is a part of the combination anyways and in addition to having much better raid healing you have that OP divine hymn.
    if that doesnt help than try having some dps single target down the first set of adds asap to reduce some dmg

Quote Originally Posted by chromy1 View Post
    1 problem might be you are using 2 heavy single target healers, which may be good for those combinations with the purple ooze and small raid damage but for any heavy raid dmg combinations (especially one like Y,G,Bl,R) your going to have some trouble keeping up with the heals. why dont you try switching to holy? you should really only be casting greater heal when purple ooze is a part of the combination anyways and in addition to having much better raid healing you have that OP divine hymn.
    if that doesnt help than try having some dps single target down the first set of adds asap to reduce some dmg
    Thanks Chromy. That just confirms what I was thinking of doing already (going holy) for the fight.

In followup, I do have to ask a question that I haven't been able to get an answer to anywhere else. If you're a holy spec priest and you cast a heal on the MT during the deep corruption phase and that heal refreshes a ticking renew, is that one stack of deep corruption or two? (I was going to try to figure it out before the fight by pulling it once normal and just testing, but if someone's checked already and can give an answer, it would save my guild a pull.)

Quote Originally Posted by morabund View Post
    Also don't be in a huge rush to kill the black adds either, as long as they are dead by the time the next wave of slimes comes out your good. The trick is to maximize your time on the boss and still manage to take care of the adds without sacrificing a ton of boss damage on them.
    This is actually the exact problem we're running into. Adds are dying too slow without focus being put specifically on them dying (otherwise we wind up running to the next ooze pack with healers or someone else having 2-3 adds beating on them) however when we do put specific effort into making sure they're dead, we hit berserk. Finding that balance is proving rather annoying at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    This is actually the exact problem we're running into. Adds are dying too slow without focus being put specifically on them dying (otherwise we wind up running to the next ooze pack with healers or someone else having 2-3 adds beating on them) however when we do put specific effort into making sure they're dead, we hit berserk. Finding that balance is proving rather annoying at the moment.
    Keep trying it and your DPS will get smarter. We hit the enrage only one time and wiped at 800k, no one died our dps was just a little off. The very next pull we killed it and beat the enrage by 55 seconds. Granted most of that is probably the lack of black/blue spawns. If your hitting the enrage just keep trying you will get it soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zestrenocya View Post

It pretty much is the "blow everything and zerg through it with cooldowns" phase. It just sounds like you weren't optimizing your zerging. If a Disc Priest and Holy Pally were healing for only 60k HPS at the peak of cooldown usage there's something wrong right there. That means what, 30k HPS each? As a pally I can do 30k without using a cooldown, simply by spamming HR and LoD. If you use the 2 pally cooldowns it should go closer to 40k, and I think you should Power Infuse the pally as well since Holy Radiance is the strongest raid heal you have whil you yourself just spam PW:S on the entire raid with a heavy mastery build. Also a bloodlust would help.

So to summarize, 1) PI the pally after his Divine Favor wears off. 2) Spam PW:S, it will have a greater effect than spamming PoH, especially if you go heavy mastery. 3) Use bloodlust if necessary

Also going Holy over Disc might help but i don't know enough about Holy to comment for sure.