I seriously need your help on this. Headphones sound are working great, but microphone does not seem to want to work.
After a lot of cocking about i had it working, so i thought great and just went on doing my normal stuff, later at raid time my microphone doesnt work. I have done all the obvious stuff but whatever I do I get this on vent

"Your sound input device has stopped sending data to the Ventrilo client. Please verify that your sound drivers are up to date, that you have selected the correct sound input device and that it is properly attached to your computer. USB microphone devices can come loose and some sound cards will shutdown the input port if your microphone is not properly connected to the sound card.

If you click Setup, and then click the OK button, the Ventrilo client will attempt to reset your sound input device."

Ofcourse it is connected into the right connections and I have tested with other microphones, my new headset works totally ok on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I have googled it and not gotten anywhere, and whatever I do it is not working.

So my only hope is that anyone here knows what to do? Feel free to ask if I'm unclear, trying to raid while writing this