10+ Year Old Account

Alienware M15X Problems...

Hello all,

Last year, I had purchased an Alienware M15X laptop and up until recently it was working perfectly fine. One day, it completely crashed while I was on facebook. It went to blue screen and then shut down. I proceeded to turn it on again but this time, it acted like it was trying to reinstall windows. Tried about 5 times with the same luck and decided to use the Windows 7 setup disk and go from there. Since then, anything and everything is out of wack. Graphics while running WoW are completely torn and shows weird pink spaces and eventually crashes, Wireless internet doesnt exist (but can connect hardwire), the internal lighting no longer comes on... You get the general jist..

Now, my warranty has expired sadly and I have yet to renew it. Would a renewal completely fix my laptop to working order? Should I go to a Best Buy with Geek Squad and see if they can mess with it? Iv tried everything from reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, resource discs, reinstalling windows with no success.. Im not a major huge computer buff but I can find my way around one and usually solve these issues myself but I am over my head here

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Cheers.

PS: Yea Im dumb for not getting the extended warranty or a restore disc. Dell shouldnt charge extra for your restore disc...
    Last edited by Yzyz; 2011-12-07 at 09:50 PM.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

I know this may sound dumb but do you remember what the blue screen was?

And If you tried everything I would remmond taking it to geek squad or try calling deal they may be able to help u alittle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    I know this may sound dumb but do you remember what the blue screen was?

And If you tried everything I would remmond taking it to geek squad or try calling deal they may be able to help u alittle
    No I do not, it came up once and now it just logs on like normal but like I said, nothing is functioning correctly. I was thinking Geek Squad too.. guess that will have to do. Thank you!

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Deleted
    So it's still the same windows? Why not try to update or reinstall the drivers for the stuff that stopped working?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    So it's still the same windows? Why not try to update or reinstall the drivers for the stuff that stopped working?
    OP said he did.

I would suggest doing a reinstall of the operating system / drivers by utilizing the recovery partition. If the issue persists beyond that then it is quite possibly you have a hardware related issue.

Deleted
    Hade the same problems my self .. try reinstall windows again

Deleted
    Could it be the HDD that is dying? I mean suddenly crashing, graphical problems, windows wanting to reinstall itself.. Instead of formatting your PC you could try to create a new partition with W7 on, that way you would be able to test further without loosing all your data?

Can you find the error in your EventViewer.

(Can't post a link yet)

sounds like your GPU over heated and took a shyt .from what i can see on the forums http://www.semiaccurate.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1783 .did you have a cooler under your laptop ? your only hope is to extend your warranty and hope they ( DELL) honors it GOOD LUCK BTW
    Last edited by pieeyed; 2011-12-08 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    I agree that it could be the GPU, but it does not explain the reinstall of W7... Perhaps it could have either gotten too much power from the socket if the charger failed or the computer shortcircuted itself?