Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New talent calculator: Disc is losing Divine Hymn, PoH and DA in 5.0?

Holy shit I hope this is a typo. If it's not, they better be bringing back bubble spam or disc just turned into a WoTLK era holy pally.

Deleted
    Again, these are still very early in the design process. What your seeing is no where near the fished article. Chill.

You have Spirit Shell now. Holy is supposed to be the high aoe throughput class and I sure hope they keep it that way :X
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

And Holy is going back to an 8 minute worthless hymn, and a 15 second Serenity.

New mechanics aren't implemented at all (see the new Shadow Orbs), so Holy Nova as it stands is really left out to dry. It could end up replacing Prayer if it's done right, and Discipline wouldn't miss a thing.

That said, Spirit Shell has me excited, and I don't even play the spec!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I think that Holy Nova is going to be some kind of discipline aoe heal, just look at which level you gain access to it, and compare it to holy's Prayer of Healing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ View Post
    I think that Holy Nova is going to be some kind of discipline aoe heal, just look at which level you gain access to it, and compare it to holy's Prayer of Healing.
    They did actually say that they were intending it to be, but to have it interact with Evangelism. This hasn't happened yet.

...nor has Holy had any way to make use of Archangel yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Again, these are still very early in the design process. What your seeing is no where near the fished article. Chill.
    I know, but I'm fairly certain PoH and DA were in the last calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    ...nor has Holy had any way to make use of Archangel yet.
    This alone should be a tell to how unfinished the calculator is. It's a rough draft with a lot of gaping holes. Don't read into anything that's missing or that was already there. They likely started with the current spell book lists and talents and just copy/pasted them into a data table. Don't think for a second that the alpha server they have running has these talents/specs implemented as shown. They don't, it's just a public chalk board to gauge reactions and to minimize the shock factor when the real mechanics are implemented and leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    I know, but I'm fairly certain PoH and DA were in the last calculator.
    They were not.

So much so that Priests everywhere were calling out for it, and got an official blue response specifically mentioning "We have not taken away Prayer of Healing from Priests"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    They were not.

So much so that Priests everywhere were calling out for it, and got an official blue response specifically mentioning "We have not taken away Prayer of Healing from Priests"
    I could have sworn they were. Nevermind me being dumb.

Holy Nova has potential: buff its healing to make up for the PoH loss, make it targetable, then give it a short cooldown. If it interacted with Atonement, it might even turn out to be a pretty powerful melee-range medium heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon8912 View Post
    Night Elf mage makes my eyes bleed.

While I'm well aware that it's still early and can change, i am a bit worried about the whole limiting abilities to only one spec. Like right now shadow can only use flash heal and nothing else. I like actually being able to use my heals, and i do use most of them fairly often(well, with the exception of heal maybe) as shadow.

I personally find it funny that Holy Nova started as talented Holy talent and is going to end up as Disc only.

Also, the fact that resto druids still get passive Tranq cooldown reduction while Holy lose their recent Hymn buff is just idiotic.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Atonement currently verified to be a major glyph in MoP. Liable to change etc.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

source:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...update-priests

" We are exploring the possibility of Holy Nova being Discipline’s AE and Prayer of Healing being Holy’s AE. Divine Aegis would be changed to work with Holy Nova and we would make other changes that make sense to support this change.
    (...)"

Deleted

Sigh

Frankly the changes look awful.

So on top of losing the ability to choose more than 1 talent every 15 levels priests lose half their spells

New lvl 87 spell looks utterly useless for pve, and disc aoe healing looks like a total fail. Holy Nova lacks the utility to be much more than a situational spell. It actually would have made more sense to make HN a holy only spell alongside CoH, Sanctuary and DH and leave disc with PoH. Although that would also have sucked at least both specs would be able to heal a group that was spread out and taking damage.

While I realise its early in the design phase conceptually MoP appears really weak. Cuddly Pandas, lack of meaningful talent system and losing a load of spells isn't exactly getting me excited.

Deleted
    tbh I have no idea where they are taking disc at the moment it actually seams like they plan to turn it back into its level 60 counterpart which was mainly a buffer class except this time around our buffs are not even unique to us.

If they do plan to stick with removing all core healing spells then they may as well just break down Disc spec and rebuild it from scratch into something completely new.

As for the system in general we lost a lot of build choice when they changed it to needing to have 31 points in a tree to spend points in other trees then for pandara talent builds we are losing more choice by making it limited to only 6 tiers and one talent / spell per tier, and now it seams like they want to kill off the third spec and focus on just Holy and Shadow. So how exactly are we getting more choice after all of this?

I realize its way too early to say anything for sure and tbh I don't think they should be giving us this information in the shabby form that it is in, it seams to me that Blizzard have run out of ideas and are turning to the community for answers which is not what I want, What I expect is for them to come up with something awesome in house then at some point in the future showcase the changes in a semi finished state.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-12-08 at 11:15 AM.

On the bright side losing some of the too many spells we already have could prove to make priests easier to balance against other classes. Truth be told, you still only use a limited number of your spells in either spec so for example changing PoH with Holy Nova for disc wouldn't do more than replace one spell with another with probably some added functionality.
    From the more "positioning" focused model they are trying to implement I honestly doubt they will make HN target-able in any way as it seems to me that they really want you to "position yourself for healing" - see the healing star talent as well or the potential monk heals like roll and so on.

As for the so called "meaningful" talent system - no offense but when is the last time you actually had to make a "meaningful" choice in these trees? The new trees at least look like they can leave you swapping talents around a bit more depending on fights - which is more than I can say for the current talent trees...

Don't forget that disc will also lose Binding Heal... hehe and without it and renew it makes me to wear my "sad panda" face. It was very useful in PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    As for the so called "meaningful" talent system - no offense but when is the last time you actually had to make a "meaningful" choice in these trees?
    As a disc priest the choice between an AA/A spec and a SoS/ToT spec is meaningful. So in answer to your question, I'm faced with a meaningful choice within my spec every time I raid.