4.3 DS/Valor Rings for hybrid casters

So these rings from the new Dragon Soul and the whole some doubleslot items are group-locked so you can't have a spirit AND a hit item as a shadow/balance/elemental makes the ring selection extremely confusing in 4.3.

What group of rings are "locked" together and what would be the ideal 2 rings at 391-397 ilvl for a shadow?

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 02:40 AM ----------

bumpylicious

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 02:41 AM ----------

Anyone out there can help maaah

Sometimes not being able to bump is kinda retarded when people completely miss your post derp derp talking to myself

I don't understand what you're asking? Are you asking what rings are good because you can't equip the raid finder version and the normal version of a ring together? You've never been able to do that with normal/heroic, raid finder is no different. Or are you saying that the valor rings are sharing unique equip with each other? This should be moved to the priest forum, anyway, but you want to go for Signet of Suturing off Warlord and one of the valor rings, Band of Reconstruction generally regarded as the "best", although it depends where your haste levels fall.

So you mean how you can't equip two rings that were purchased with Valor points (and possibly even the ones that drop in DS as well)? This has been the case (at least for the Valor rings) since at least 4.2. It's pretty simple if I understand it correctly; You can only equip one ring from each source (whether it be from Valor points or the DS raid).

As for what is best for shadow, I would say Seal of the Grand Architect is the best choice from the Valor rings as haste is better than the mastery on the spirit ring and Signet of Suturing from the DS raid since haste is better than the crit on the hit ring.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-12-09 at 04:59 AM.

So what you are saying is I can only have 1 DS ring (no hit on one and spirit on the other) and 1 valor ring making the valor ring mandatory?

What I'm trying to get at is that the 4.2 valor rings all said unique-equip "brimstone ring" and all the valor rings were called something with brimstone. The 4.3 rings dont follow that naming they just have unique-equip and the name of their own ring - suggesting that the only thing you cant pair them with is RF/normal/HC version of the same ring which seems illogical unless you can upgrade them. The same thing goes for the DS rings. The tooltip doesnt tell you what is uniquely-grouped like the 4.2 valor rings did.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2011-12-09 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorimli View Post
    So what you are saying is I can only have 1 DS ring (no hit on one and spirit on the other) and 1 valor ring making the valor ring mandatory?
    I should clarify since I just checked the rings that drop in DS and there seems to be two sources within there; one set of rings that can drop from any of the first six bosses and another set of rings that drop just from Hagara and Ultraxion. Basically, I believe Blizzard doesn't want hybrids having a ring advantage over non-hybrids. So if non-hybrids would just take one ring from a group of rings then hybrids will have to as well.

To make it easier for you, I have put the sets into the WoWhead item comparison tool to show the different sets. You can pick one ring from each of the 3 sets and be able to wear any two of them together. So for a shadow priest the rings you get to choose from are: (one of a hit/crit or spirit/haste) + one haste/mastery + (one of a hit/haste or spirit/mastery).

Quote Originally Posted by Rorimli View Post
    The tooltip doesnt tell you what is uniquely-grouped like the 4.2 valor rings did.
    Yeah, they could have made it a lot less confusing if each group of rings had a shared name.

Thanks alot man, im trying to get some "i want" gear lists up for my alts to try to figure out what I should use valors on and this will definately help out ! <3 If there is some +rep to give I will ^^