Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buryit View Post
    Please go and trim your start menu's down and turn off the 34857398573975 programs that start when you boot your pc up.
    I've tried it...in fact there is nothing on this computer, the only thing installed is wow, iTunes with no music imported, Microsoft office vent and avg free, and all I have running is wow and avg...nothing else... I've even tried ending the explorer process and the difference was barely even noticeable!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turoneus View Post
    Hey guys, I am having the same problem exactly, but that doesn't seem to work for me. Now I am no where close to thinking my computer is anywhere near amazing, but I'm pretty sure it should be able to cope with a raid...even if at about 10fps, not the 1fps i just got in the first DS boss! Ive researched everything and even put lines in the config file in the WTF folder to apparently help wow use the quad core of someone's recommendation on another forum (no idea if this is right at all) Does anyone ave any other ideas as playing isn't even hard, its just impossible!

Thanks so much in advance!

Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20GHz
    Memory: 4.00GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTS 450 1GB
    Hard Drives: 500GB (400GB free)
    Internet Connection: currently 6.87 download, 0.7MB upload
    Your computer is a bit worse than what the OP has actually but should still be able to manage raids on mid-playable fps at low settings.

-Backup your addon folder and delete WTF and Catche folders altogether (the config file fix isn't needed anymore).
    -Try the game without any addons enabled, if this fixes it, you can enable addons one by one to see where your bottleneck is.
    -Update drivers if you haven't already. Remember to properly wipe old drivers with Driver Sweeper or such before installing the new ones.
    -Have you defragged your system, ever?
    -If point 4 applies and you think several years has passed without defragging, you should consider windows reformat. I'd do it anyway if the system is several years old as the OS's just tend to slow down over time.
    -If you don't want to do point 5, download CCleaner and run cleaner and registry tools. Also check the startup programs and disable anything uneccesary (basically everything except your antivirus)
    -Unistall all uneccesary programs generally.
    -Scan for viruses and such.

That's pretty much all I can think of from the top of my head, if none helps, upgrade your pc. Oh, did you try the WoW repair tool?

Man, that sounds like my old comp in ICC25... running at 2fps while tanking... but then again that was a phenom II x3 with no dedicated gpu... make sure your computer is free of dust as it will seriously slow down your computer, delete WTF and such and run repair again

@ The trunk Monky, im glad you found what was the problem and got it fixed but id like to say that im really shocked how some ppl get terribad fps in WoW, I tried playing WoW on my Netbook (Atom N450 1.6ghz (Single Core), 1gb ram, 250gb 5400rpm hdd) And I was able to do 10man at 20-25fps at the lowest possible setting and managed to get around 10fps in 25man ICC... and you know this CPU is HORRIBLE and has one of the shitiest IGPU ever made lol But after one hour , my netbook was so HOTTT , i couldnt touch my keyboard w/o getting burned lol
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-12-23 at 07:55 PM.

To the guy with the AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor, look in this thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...28quad-core%29) and see if that works for you.