Thread: No Grace period

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    i have complete and total faith in my local gamestop, because i trained the crew who work there =)
    and we are all practially best friends so ya, im good, i'll probably have my copy the day they come in(normally 3-4 days before release)
    So you have an unfair (and legally grey) advantage over other people so it's ok that the company screws over people who have already payed towards their product.

Good to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It's not a problem of the amount being shipped out, its a matter of how stores handle the preorders they are dispensing.

But you go ahead and put your full faith in teenagers that work at these stores that have 0 intrest if you play that day or not.

It's silly that you see this as going without problems for anyone anywhere (including the possibility of yourself)

There is way too much blind faith in this world. It's retarded that you see no problems with this.
    read what you posted, then read what i posted, the issue here isnt with bioware, you said so yourself, you said it depends on the clerks in the store, don't twist my words around, i was commenting on your post

where did argroth go? was having fun here
    Last edited by krono957; 2011-12-08 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Living in Australia even with the express shipping i will not receive my game until sometime between the 25-28th of Decemeber...

This really blows considering i pre-ordered it months ago!
    Be glad they're not IP blocking your country.

At this point I'm just sitting back and chuckling at the people that will have to deal with delays now because they were so full of hate for origin they couldn't even use the website to order the game. CE buyers notwithstanding, of course.

I'll have my box in-hand before it's needed and will thoroughly enjoy my head start over the people that don't.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    you should like....move

sorry, couldn't resist, i jest of course
    You might joke about it, but im thinking about it someday, due to some law over here we cant participate in any contest or game league (well almost all of them) and a lot of other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    You might joke about it, but im thinking about it someday, due to some law over here we cant participate in any contest or game league (well almost all of them) and a lot of other stuff.
    thats....really lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Would have been a moronic decision to do so if they did

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Genuine question (and concern) here: They're IP blocking your country? I thought they specifically said there would be no IP blocking, just that the game's physical copies will be available some time later in countries not in the US/EU. Are you sure it's not your own country doing the block? I've known places like China/Malaysia "banning" certain games for strange (to me at least) reasons.

Living in Australia even with the express shipping i will not receive my game until sometime between the 25-28th of Decemeber...

This really blows considering i pre-ordered it months ago!
    This is just really bad handling on EA/Bioware's part.

Oceanic/Asia players are the hardest hit, as we cannot order through Origin, and Amazon is our only choice for the CE.
    What's mind boggling is that Europe can get the game on the 15th, and us (and even Canadians are affected) have to wait so long.

So we have to sit there twiddling our thumbs on the 20th, and wait a week until our game arrives while the rest is already spending the holidays playing

This is just really bad handling on EA/Bioware's part.

Oceanic/Asia players are the hardest hit, as we cannot order through Origin, and Amazon is our only choice for the CE.
    What's mind boggling is that Europe can get the game on the 15th, and us (and even Canadians are affected) have to wait so long.

So we have to sit there twiddling our thumbs on the 20th, and wait a week until our game arrives while the rest is already spending the holidays playing
    I know exactly how you feel, Not only do our shipping fee's cost extra we have get to play the game for a week only to wait a week to be able to play again, SO frustrating!

Sucks to be those who didn't pay for express delivery as they don't get there until some time in Jan

Deleted
    Every single game that I followed with CE's has this problem.
    I've always seen threads of new releases where people complain that their CE's haven't arrived on launch day and so forth.
    TBH I think it's more of the retailer's fault that EA/Bioware's, obviously their shipping systems are just not up to spec to ship Games to their customers on launch day.

Deleted
    I know exactly how you feel, Not only do our shipping fee's cost extra we have get to play the game for a week only to wait a week to be able to play again, SO frustrating!

Sucks to be those who didn't pay for express delivery as they don't get there until some time in Jan
    What about digital versions? Origin isn't the only one selling them and i doubt that they wouldn't send you the e-mail with your code because you're from another country.

`
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    What about digital versions? Origin isn't the only one selling them and i doubt that they wouldn't send you the e-mail with your code because you're from another country.
    To send us the code they would have to physically open up the package, email it to us and then repackage it, From what ive heard Amazon will not do this.

Also (Internet noob here) where could one preorder a digital version this late?
    If im able to continue playing without having to wait a week i want to do so!
    (Keep in mind Origin has IP blocked Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
    The result is that many people who bought the CE and arranged vacation and personal time to be there at launch will actually be locked out and unable to play while their box wends it's way through the holiday mails.
    Firstly if you had it shipped USPS that was your choose, and even during the holidays UPS/FedEx, etc all are fairly good at keeping exactly to what is paid for, if you did a 1-2 day delivery with any shipping company besides a government run post office then you will get it when your suppose to. And secondly you really have to look at your priorities if you scheduled vacation time around a game launch in the middle of a holiday season... "Sorry Uncle Bob we can't come over to see the family this year for the holidays because we took our remaining vacation time a week early for a video game launch."

Regardless if you decided to save yourself that extra $20 sending the game via a government run post office such as the USPS during the holiday season rather then taking the option of UPS/FedEx/etc, well that's your own fault for being cheap not EA/Biowares. Not to mention the fact maybe there will be no grace period because they may plan on letting companies ship the game to arrive 5-7 days early when the pre release access starts as a pose to the day of...your just asuming the worst without thinking maybe they just allowed early shipping in accordance to when it goes early access.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also (Internet noob here) where could one preorder a digital version this late?
    If im able to continue playing without having to wait a week i want to do so!
    (Keep in mind Origin has IP blocked Australia)
    You should have though of pre-ordering earlier, its a bit out of stock now.

I called this on the official forums a while back. Currently there's a thread on there with over 200 pages of angry responses.

What for me makes this situation ironic is the same day they announce this, I get an email from swtor's customer service assuring me in very strong language that there would be grace period given:

A Grace Period is a specified amount of time post-launch where players who have pre-ordered can continue to play without having entered their retail product code.
    It is common practice for MMOs to allow for a Grace Period, and Star Wars: The Old Republic will be no different in that respect.
    We have not yet announced any details of the Grace Period we intend to offer, but any announcement about this will be found at http://www.swtor.com – either on the site itself or in the Community Forum – once the announcement has been made.
    Galactic Support is our specialty...
    Sincerely,
    Protocol Droid E9-K4 (aka Ben)

You just cant get much more incompetent than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    This is the key reason I haven't preordered. Last I checked they haven't even explained the staggering for early release yet. There is a lot of bull going on and I don't want to be involved.
    And that is why getting the electronic version is without any headaches .

Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    And that is why getting the electronic version is without any headaches .
    I would've actually gotten an electronic version... unfortunately, EA's Origin refuses to allow Pacific/Asia folks from ordering swtor via origin. That left many of us with only Amazon as an option.

Deleted
    The issue is not so much that you need a key to play and that said key would have to be entered on or before the 20th (launch day). The issue is that BioWare is doing a Christmas release and that shipping in that time of year is always slower. Many people will not get their copy of the game on or before the 20th, so what happens is that people start the 7 day headstart, play for a bit, and are then cut off for, in some cases, weeks, waiting for their copies to arrive.

That's the problem the grace period was meant to solve, and that safety net has been shot down by BioWare.

As for digital orders, that doesn't apply to the CE for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    In Europe boxes are scheduled to arrive on 15.12 (Amazon)

I do not think it will be any different in the USA. Would be strange

But I am sorry for the rest of the world, can imagine that it takes some time to get a copy anywhere in the middle of nowhere in Australia or South Africa