Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This is insane..cloaked ship

Sorry if the link does not work but a CME wave goes past mercury and when the wave just about passes mercury a cloaked object appears pretty awesome if you ask me, alien life in our own cosmic backyard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X96xI1gLdQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    Sorry if the link does not work but a CME wave goes past mercury and when the wave just about passes mercury a cloaked object appears pretty awesome if you ask me, alien life in our own cosmic backyard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X96xI1gLdQ
    Seems legit.

UOO

Unidentified Orbiting Object...

im gonna wait and see what the astronomers say

They are already walking among us.

/cue creepy music

That is definitely... some sort of.... manufactured object. It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously it's cloaked.
    Youtube has spoken. It is confirmed.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2011-12-08 at 01:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't possibly be the energy from the sun hitting the planets magnetic field...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Couldn't possibly be the energy from the sun hitting the planets magnetic field...
    But Fuzzie! Magnetic fields don't extend beyond a planets physical body, every UFO buff knows that:P *sarcasm overload*

Deleted
    in the end it's only some kind of black spot on the recording.
    seriously, this could be anything and nothing.

im surprised i havent seen "because aliens" image spam yet

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The comments on the video were hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    I was thinking about it, but the ban isn't worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    But Fuzzie! Magnetic fields don't extend beyond a planets physical body, every UFO buff knows that:P *sarcasm overload*
    I guess so. Nasa must have doctored this one from the ISS. Pretty big (1Mb+)
    http://spaceweather.com/aurora/image...ervmoccp06p522

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because some sort of object is discovered as cosmic rays hit it doesn't immediately mean it is some sort of "manufactured object", there can be any number of explanations that a real astronomer and physicist could give than some random guy on YouTube looking at another website for reference...

Btw, doesn't dark matter not show up on thermal/light scans?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    I'm not saying it's aliens,

But it is aliens.

Mass Effect got it wrong. It's orbiting Mercury! :P
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Just because some sort of object is discovered as cosmic rays hit it doesn't immediately mean it is some sort of "manufactured object", there can be any number of explanations that a real astronomer and physicist could give than some random guy on YouTube looking at another website for reference...

Btw, doesn't dark matter not show up on thermal/light scans?
    Dark Matter has never actually been "seen". It's just speculation to make up for, for example, the rotation of a Galaxy being too fast based on how much matter we see. So we assume there is matter we DON'T see, and we call this Dark Matter. Actually what it is, if it even exists, ect. we have no idea. It's just a there to explain something that othererwise doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I see absolutely no reason to assume it's a ship, mercury has a pretty weak magnetosphere. I don't think it extends to the point where that flare is on the video.

That being said, I may add a link to this video for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias .

10+ Year Old Account
    are you implying mercury has a magnetic field? i was fairly certain earth was pretty special for having one. that and the fact most scientist are brainstorming ways to protect us from radiation once we get to mars sorta implied that planets having magnetic fields was rare/special
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Deleted
    Clearly nibiru

10+ Year Old Account
    Whooo ball of gas coming into contact with another ball of gas. Very exciting.

I mean, aliens!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    are you implying mercury has a magnetic field? i was fairly certain earth was pretty special for having one. that and the fact most scientist are brainstorming ways to protect us from radiation once we get to mars sorta implied that planets having magnetic fields was rare/special
    You just need a spinning liquid iron core, which mars doesn't have because it's cooled. That being said, mercury isn't in a great position to "cool off". A marginally useful paper on empirical data about mercury's magentosphere: http://www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu/personn...pers/merc_mag/