View Poll Results: do you want addons in swtor?

Voters
521. This poll is closed
  • i want all addons.

253 48.56%
  • i want some addons that i will list.

84 16.12%
  • i want no addons.

57 10.94%
  • i want them to make addons not needed by making them already in game.

127 24.38%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lolswtor

Post constructively. -3clipse

I like addons. They can be used to help expand your experience, and further customization, which many players like myself enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I disagree. Why should you not be able to see things (buffs/debuffs on raid members) just because of UI limits? Being able to see everything that you NEED to see doesn't devalue combat mechanics, it should be the default and if it isn't, then an addon should do it. Combat mechanics should be hard because of the way they have to be done, not because you can't see which player has the debuff because of shotty frames.
    Ah see I wasn't arguing they you shouldn't be able to see everything because of UI limits, I think it's stupid that we couldn't. I agree they should have been default. but addons give advantages to people who use them, which in turn creates balancing issues for dev's. Encounters designed around everyone using a DBM-esque addon (as an example)

anywho this is beginning to turn into all the other (locked)addon discussions so I'ma just leave this one alone in order to keep this thread open and just lurk for a while as im only 1 or 2 infractions away from another vacation lol.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-08 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Ah see I wasn't arguing they you shouldn't be able to see everything because of UI limits, I think it's stupid that we couldn't. I agree they should have been default. but addons give advantages to people who use them, which in turn creates balancing issues for dev's. Encounters designed around everyone using a DBM-esque addon (as an example)

anywho this is beginning to turn into all the other (locked)addon discussions so I'ma just leave this one alone in order to keep this thread open and just lurk for a while as im only 1 or 2 infractions away from another vacation lol.
    Same. I'm tired of addon discussions, another one pops up every other day on these forums.

I'm just gonna say that I like the overly tuned boss fights that are put out since we have timers that measure everything to the last second. Those fights are the most interesting to me. But I know you believe otherwise and I'd be silly to try to sway you, so let's just leave it at that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No addons, i like it where i dont have every single fucking addon telling me what to do and when.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    DPS METER!!!! omg I need it so much!!!

During the beta I was playing my BH and I wanted to do the best rotation. I did look at all my attacks damage, the time to cast them (including the GCD) and even at the end I wasn't sure at 100% if I was doing it right. I really hate living in the doubt. When I was raiding in WoW, I didn't look to much at the dps meter but more at my healing done and damage taken (I was an healer). I look at the dps only when we took to much time to kill something (boss or adds). I have to say though, I loved World of logs. After each raid I took at least 15/30 min to check everything. I was the one who "recorded" all our fights too.

What can I say, I love maths and statisques so I need a DPS meter. It makes the game better and more fun for me. By dps meter I mean like all the stuff recount could show.

The other addons would be grid (kind of thing like that) and clique (mouseover addon). Many complain about DBM for good reason but I have a bad vision (tick glasses) and I'm colorblind so sometime I have some difficulty to see the mechanics, but it's rare. General Vezax was the worst for me, everything was the same color. The only useful part for me was the sound effect. I never really needed the timer.

UI addons for sure. Even if they give the option to costumize our ingame UI some ppl will still hate it.

The addons I don't really want to see is anything who play at your place nearly like a bots. I would like to say GS but it will happen. The items in the game already have rating on them so this addon will exist. I'm on the fence with DBM because of what I've said earlier but sometime it gives us way to much information.
    Last edited by Apany; 2011-12-08 at 03:09 AM.

for healing 100%

No to DBM style addons (addons that tell you what to do and when)
    Ok with spell timers, meters etc....
    Yes to UI addons, chat addons (anything not directly affecting gameplay)

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the above poster. I'm currently in charge of the PvE aspect of this guild and NEED to know which people are performing and which people aren't. I can't just down a boss and be like 'everyone performed equally'. Especially since there are 3 modes of difficulty. I need something to look at. Something that can tell me who is screwing up, who is not doing what they are supposed to and who IS doing what they are supposed to. How are we to progress if we can't see what the road block is? I have no way of telling who is out performing the others. Its literally impossible.

Edit: Yes we recruited extremely talented players - but even the best sometimes make mistakes they may not know about.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see UI customisation, not necessarily mods but the ability to change the size and location of pretty much everything. A damage/healing meter would be quite useful as well. I dont want to see mods like DBM though, would rather play the game myself than have a mod tell me what to do every step of the way

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Bioware to make a "Addon forum" and people that sub get to make threads about what kind of addon they want, then it's up to bioware to program and make the addons so that they work 100% with there game and then bioware are in control of what addons are allowed and not allowed. We simply cannot have addons like some of the wow bossmodes who actully show you arrows where to go.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have no problems with addons. Personally I used only a few, and the ones I used only augmented what was build into the game. I used a threat meter because as a tank, I wanted to keep an eye on over zealous DPS. The big one that I used and hope will be available soon with TOR is a bar mod. I like the ability to set up and manage my bars the way I want them to simplify finding stuff.

Addon to shrink the UI. that is all.

All I want is a Dominos or Bartender type addon, because I don't care for the default UI. Also possibly something like Prat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    For: Macros, ui-modding addons
    Fence: Damage meters
    Against: other addons
    ^THIS^
    Macros are something that will be needed at some point after launch, DMG meters, needed for end game more then anything, other addons really mean little at this point in the game. I mean until SWTOR becomes a little more mature and an API is available I think it should be kept tidy.

Once add-ons come there will be UI and damage meter add-ons regardless if you want them or not.

Boss mod add-ons and such I can live without and don't mind them being out of game. I have been raiding in WoW since 4.2 without any boss add-on and it makes you alot more aware.

I just want dual spec for convenience and a combat log and parser to analyze raid encounters, all the other shit is just fluff.

For:
    Cosmetic addons
    Interface addons
    Fun addons

Against:
    Addons to dumb down difficulty
    Addons that become necessary to being a raider (because of addon 1 line up)
    Addons that give a noticeable "edge", like arena addons to auto-decide what you should do, or auto-manage resources/companions

I'd be happy if most competitive addons were built in though, to give everyone an equal playing field.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any and all macros and addons, with the exception of a Recount type addon, that allows you to post the results anywhere. I'm perfectly fine with a recount type addon for personal use only.
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really want UI addons. I really dislike the UI.

Honestly I'd be happy if they just allowed more UI customization. There are addons that would be nice, but I'd be happy just being able to move stuff around more.