10+ Year Old Account

what is the best dw frost dps move rotation?

Like the title, tips appreciated
    Well... this is awkward

I don't know what you mean. If you're just asking for a skill priority/rotation, EJ's frost thread has it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-..._3_a/#Priority

10+ Year Old Account
    well basically, but for a dualwield frost dk, but ill check this out thanks
    Well... this is awkward

Very few people are 2h frost for PvE because it's so far behind, so if someone says "Frost DK" without adding "2handed frost DK" they usually mean DW.

Plus.. the priority for both specs is the same.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well here is what I do for my DW rotation and my gear is ilvl 377 and i pull 25k dps with it max 28 depends :P (heroism etc...) anywho; for multiple mobs you first start out by applying outbreak to one mob,then spread it using pestilence (hope I spelled it correct) then pop DnD(Death and Decay) then spam howling blast as much as you can and then spend the rest of your RP (Runic Power) in frost strike. As for Bosses or single mobs here is what I do, I apply outbreak always , then keep hitting obliterate and if im out of runes I use or spend Rime for howling blast most importantly and then spend all the RP again on Frost strike and if possible its better to use Obliterate when KM(Killing Machine) procs because it is a great Damage push since in DW its damage is way more better than 2H, o yea and if you can you may use festering strike to refresh blood plague. Thats it hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Well here is what I do for my DW rotation and my gear is ilvl 377 and i pull 25k dps with it max 28 depends :P (heroism etc...) anywho; for multiple mobs you first start out by applying outbreak to one mob,then spread it using pestilence (hope I spelled it correct) then pop DnD(Death and Decay) then spam howling blast as much as you can and then spend the rest of your RP (Runic Power) in frost strike. As for Bosses or single mobs here is what I do, I apply outbreak always , then keep hitting obliterate and if im out of runes I use or spend Rime for howling blast most importantly and then spend all the RP again on Frost strike and if possible its better to use Obliterate when KM(Killing Machine) procs because it is a great Damage push since in DW its damage is way more better than 2H, o yea and if you can you may use festering strike to refresh blood plague. Thats it hope it helps
    You only ever use pestilence as frost if you're super duper AoE capped (15-20+). HB is almost always the better choice, there hasn't been a raid encounter thus far where you would pestilence really.
    Last edited by Frozendekay; 2011-12-08 at 11:16 AM.

use festering strike to refresh blood plague
    You're spending two runes to put 6 seconds on blood plague when you could be spending one rune to put at least 21 seconds on it.

Also festering strike messes with your rp generation because it consumes a frost rune without proccing chill of the grave.

Yeah... Don't do this.

Check the discussion on EJ as mentioned above.

Do me a favor OP, and read the EJs thread. Some people feel the need to spread misinformation.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-...content_4_3_a/
    Unguliant@Kazzak Armory - On a break, started Uni :'(

WoW Heroes Profile - My WoL Ranks!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I did come here also for people to help me if my rotation was wrong :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    You're spending two runes to put 6 seconds on blood plague when you could be spending one rune to put at least 21 seconds on it.

Also festering strike messes with your rp generation because it consumes a frost rune without proccing chill of the grave.
    Yea I said if you can since I never use it or rarely but I did hear from someone back in 4.1 that it could be helpful probably a noob dk shouldnt have taken him for granted. As for raids my dps is pretty good and why is spreading pestilence bad if it spreads disease dmg which would = a bit more dps
    Last edited by enchanted; 2011-12-08 at 06:19 PM.

why is spreading pestilence bad if it spreads disease dmg which would = a bit more dps
    Ok so let's run some numbers.

Simcraft has us hitting for an average 23404 with howling blast in t12 bis, and blood plague ticking for an average of 2850.

An aoe capped howling blast does 5.6 times as much damage as a single target one, because you have one target taking full damage +10% from razorice and nine taking half, so 131062.

A pestilenced blood plague ticks for an average of 1425.

Simple maths shows that a single aoe capped howling blast is the same damage as roughly 90 pestilenced blood plague ticks, and that's ignoring the chill of the grave runic power that howling blast would have given you.

So if you spread blood plague to 10 additional targets they need to stick around for 27 seconds to take enough ticks for it to be worth it over just using howling blast. How often do you even have 10 mobs to aoe? It happens but it's not common. In general you don't want to be spreading blood plague when you aoe.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2011-12-08 at 06:45 PM.