Low fps hurt dps??

Im running wow on ultra in raids and on some fights with a lot going on my fps drops real low and it seems to make the normal GCD take longer than it should so I think it may be slightly hurting my DPS.

Does that make sense? Or am I makeing crazy excuses for sucking?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    after playin on a computer with 5-10 fps for a year, it definetly doesnt help your DPS or especially your survivability....
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

We had a fairly decent guildy in a similar situation upgrade to something that gave her solid 30 FPS and her overall raiding ability went up noticably.

Low FPS affects playability for sure. Changing setting to lower quality will really not make a difference in visual. It is WoW after all.

Sub 15 fps is really bad for your dps.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Thats about what I figured. Thanks

With high FPS you can hit buttons with better timing to get rotation/priority much tighter, in melee you can get your position right easier, and most importantly you can get out of fire faster.

High FPS does make a big difference, but people can learn to play with crap computer and do ok-ish. You'll just never reach your maximum potential that way.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just like in PVP, playing with low fps is really bad. I've played with 5-15 fps on some fights and sometimes I could barely move during heroism/time warp. I quit PVE because of my shit computer.

Deleted
    If Just The interface would keep on working decently during low fps, it wouldnt be such an issue...
    For some people it doesn't matter however: i had a guy in my Guild who always played at 10-Ish fps max, he recently bought a gaming machine, And it didn't make a difference...

It does make a bit of a difference, i went from every setting on low and 1-5 fps on boss fights to everything on ultra with a nice steady 60 fps. Especially on fights like shannox where a trap could make the difference its nice to move in time instead of getting hit every trap cause your pc cant handle it.

And pvp wise: fuck yeah it makes a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass