Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I lol'd and stopped reading after you wrote swifty and athene.

Haha... I'm a fan of Swifty, but he certainly isn't even close to being a 'top player'.

Top guilds do well because ~

They practice. A lot.
    They learn from mistakes fast and find ways to avoid them in the future.
    They have good raid-awareness.
    They communicate really well.
    They are good players overall.
    Did I mention they practice a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryloth View Post
    I have a theory about why we always seem to get the same top 10 guilds.

1. Mental and Intellectual Aspect of Raiding

IMO Raiding at the very top level doesn't require you to be one of the best players in the world. For example some of the most skilled WoW players in the world is Swifty and Athene
    lol'd for a few min on that one hahah xd (truly made my day). Swifty is just some bad 2.2k warrior and Athene is a troll sure fun as hell to watch their videos (Athene's at least) but they ain't that good in reality (Athene was even backpeddling on stream). ofcourse the mental aspect or the mental strength is important it is a part of the skill required to be the best. Just take a look at any sport out there the best of the best needs to spend insane amount of time practising not just only the skill needed in the sport. But also the mental strength, the attitude (positive thinking) etc it is a vital part to be successive.

As for the planing isn't that kinda obvious? The team that has a plan and a tactical strategy is more likely to succeed compare to the team who don't.

Deleted
    OP, don't mistake YouTube entertainers/trolls for super-amazing players. Swifty's a decent enough player (in PvP), but he's far from the best.

The reasons the top Guilds always do well are two things. One, they're all good. Very good. Moving from bad stuff, kiting stuff, as well as knowing their classes inside and out.
    The other reason is dedication. These Guilds pretty much spend the entire day, every day, Raiding when the new content is out, to try and become the World first.

Also, about the tactical brainstorming thing, I'm sure the majority of Guilds working out how to kill a boss do this. What's the point in running back in and fighting the boss again without actually thinking about where went wrong? Or even, what's the point in all running back in silently, and then discussing what went wrong after you've all buffed up?

They're better than average players who spend most their waking lives playing a game. It's not a mystery.