Affliction on the dummies

Hey all,

I recently changed from demo to afflic in my 10man group since we recently got a Ele shammy (Was that a good decision?). I know its not a very good way to measure your dps but can i just ask how much dps every other Affliction lock who answers this is doing when only self buffed and no doomguard or pots against a raiders dummy? I sustain 20-21k is that good?Ff anyone could give me a couple of pointers on my char heres my armory.

Heres my armory if anyone wanted to have a look a it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olcos/advanced

Thanks, interested to see how im fairing against the rest of you guys.

P.S Atm is Affliction or Destro going better in the charts? Reckon i should go Destro? OR should i just go back demo and who cares if the Ele shammy already gives the +10% sp buff?

Yeah i cant find a way to get my hit down by the 18 that i need.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 11:37 AM ----------

The only enchant i see if the mastery on my hands and that was because i had the wrong hands on. Which others need fixing?

Deleted
    To be fully hit-capped you need 17%, not 18% hit. And I believe that even 15% is absolutely fine (as say many others, not just my musings).

I don't think Affliction should reforge anything to mastery. Afaik the priority is haste > crit > mastery, but someone should validate this

im 17.18% hit, you must be looking at my haste or something.

1 unenchanted item
    1 empty socket in 1 item
    Engineering: 1 missing tinker

Drop the MWC. Hit to 1742 > Haste > Crit > Mastery. Hit up wowreforge.com, change the stat weights if you have to and hit go. Reforge accordingly.

Myself I was around 379ish Ilvl w/4pc t12 and was pulling 20-21k over 5 mins using only selfbuffs, no Doomguard.
    In comparison i was pulling 25k in Demo at the same ilvl.

I hit the dummies almost everytime I get an upgrade.
    Affliction will always be lower on a dummy compared to Destro and Demo, Demo being the highest. All with only self buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    To go along with what's already been said about reforging all that mastery to haste, the two orange gems you have should be swapped for int/haste instead of the int/mastery you have now. Also, the 50 haste enchant is better than the 65 mastery one for gloves.

testing affliction dps on dummies is probably the worst idea for any spec in the game. Aff locks put out so much more damage in execute phase when the mob is under 25% that you will never get close to an actual indication of your numbers. If you are doing it to practice you rotation than its fine, but trying to determine which spec will have the highest output by going to the dummies is just a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvolcos View Post
    P.S Atm is Affliction or Destro going better in the charts? Reckon i should go Destro? OR should i just go back demo and who cares if the Ele shammy already gives the +10% sp buff?
    On a patchwerk-style fight, Affliction and Destruction are very close, with Demo being about 3% above. On a fight with heavy movement, or multiple non-aoe adds (such as Blackhorn), Afflcition is better by a small amount. In general, the differences are sufficiently small that what spec you play should be determined by personal preference.