Poll: Early access begin

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Filled in my code on the 30th of August, hope to get in wednesday (2nd day) since I have that day off but I'm counting on 3rd/4th day.

According to this 41.24% of you all preordered as soon as it was available? doubt it.

Everyone is just trying to guess based on their optimism or pessimism (to avoid disapointment).

Bioware seems to cover themselves in, incase of severe unforseen issues. Its what they anounced atleast. So they stick to their "upto 7 days"-story. But we do know that they need to be able to handle all the players on the 20th. But they could be trying to pass a large portion of the playerbase through the first zones before launch, to smooth things over a bit. Would help if they let everyone in at the same time for early access cause then they just clutter the early-access group through the entire progress to 50.

So, if i was Bioware, i'd look at two factors. 1) What is the average speed a player moves through a zone, especially the smaller starting zones. (and mayeb the consecutive zone aswell). And 2) How many players can we have running around that zone and still keep things playable.

Say they can have 200k people total play in the starting zone, across all the servers. And it takes this group about 24h to move on, then you could invite a wave of 200k every 24h. Or, say 100k moves on in 12h, invite a large wave at start. And then a 100k wave every 12h. So keep things topped.

As far as server load goes, we know thats not the issue here. Afterall, those servers need to be able to run ALL the players on the 20th. And i doubt they are still installing the servers and have incomplete hardware setups. So they could theoretically get ALL the early-access people playing on the 13th, but that would make the starting zones (and follow-up zones) a mess and horribly overcrowded. As the majority ripples through the diffirent worlds.

So, most likely, its a matter of Crow Control for their diffirent zones. Which also makes the Thinksgiving numbers somewhat useless, as that wasnt a matter of testing playability and game quality (low res textures, big hint) But also a matter of just seeing what the hardware of a server can take.

Interesting take. I just can't quite buy the starter zones because of the sharding at a number that still leaves the zone viable, and not overcrowded.

Now perhaps, too many shards of one particular zone creates stability issues or something of that nature, that would make sense.

The best number we could have is how many people are allowed on a server before a queue pops, and why is this the magical number to start a queue? If it is a numbers game then it seems it is just a matter of servers, as logging in is fairly stable.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    According to this 41.24% of you all preordered as soon as it was available? doubt it.
    You are looking at the wrong thing here. look at the actual number of people, not the percent. it's 161. Not that many.