Killing an end boss of an expansion.....

.....kinda loses its epic feel when you can go and make a sandwhich in the middle of the fight.

The most powerful being on azeroth, tanked by derplol the bloodelf dk in intellect gear. But who cares about immersion anywaym, gogo LFR.

Deleted
    LFR yes, go for HC.. then you arent making a sandwhich in the middle of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    .....kinda loses its epic feel when you can go and make a sandwhich in the middle of the fight.

The most powerful being on azeroth, tanked by derplol the bloodelf dk in intellect gear. But who cares about immersion anywaym, gogo LFR.
    I'm sorry, but when you make a statement like that you just sound ignorant. What you said is absolutely not true, unless you have some sort of fraps of this occuring. As I'm assuming you are referring to LFR from my experience of downing and not downing Deathwing it actually requires people to pay attention and not do whatever they want. If you are referring to normals then try it on heroic mode?

Inb4 "lol do hard modes" . I agree, but the games not about challenging the masses anymore. It's about people seeing content no matter the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    LFR yes, go for HC.. then you arent making a sandwhich in the middle of the fight.
    Yes, you are.
    Cause you're dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is serious business...

Another one of these "play on easiest setting, complain about lack of challenge" moments. I will never understand this mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm sorry, but when you make a statement like that you just sound ignorant. What you said is absolutely not true, unless you have some sort of fraps of this occuring. As I'm assuming you are referring to LFR from my experience of downing and not downing Deathwing it actually requires people to pay attention and not do whatever they want. If you are referring to normals then try it on heroic mode?
    Depends what group you get really. If you que solo and join a group of 24 other randoms who qued solo I imagine it can be quite tricky but if you que with a few friends and guildies and maybe meet a few othr groups who also qued as friends and guildies (some of whom may know the fight) then it is completely faceroll and so it should be.....

If it was challenging for those people then it's probably going to be unlikely that a group of complete randoms in 378 gear who have never seen the fight are going to be able to down it in less than an hour or 2 which is what the raid finder is for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Yes, you are.
    Cause you're dead.

OR that yes ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post

If you care so much about immersion, maybe try to immerse yourself in a real raid instead of complaining about LFR. That's like me looking in the back of a math book for the answers -- OMG, IT'S SO EASY!

I swear... you people put yourselves in situations and then cry about them. Hint: You're the one screwing yourself over, idiot.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Another one of these "play on easiest setting, complain about lack of challenge" moments. I will never understand this mentality.
    Because people are still getting accustomed to the idea that we have an "easy mode" now, and that the end boss dying, especially the end boss of an expansion, isn't a big deal anymore. It took me a while to get used to the idea, and to be honest I still don't like it, but I begrudgingly accept why they did it, even though it likely means I won't raid anymore outside of maybe one clean run through LFR or Normal just for the lore experience.

For me, the replay value of raiding drops dramatically once I've cleared past a boss, and redoing it all week after week with nothing to look forward to, but more mechanics than I did a week or so before, just does not draw me in, or spark my competitive drive at all. Sorry just not for me.

Deleted
    LFR was a joke, we were actively trying to die during the encounter, while still killing it (so not afking during the cataclysm) the only death we had was because of thrall refusing to apply winds to someone jumping to kill him in p2 and they fell (but we have had that every attempt on progress). This includes my tanking in dps spec and only getting crit once and even then it was something pathetic like half health.

In short LFR is 8 patchwerk fights with no mechanics (at most spine and the 9 stacks to trigger nuclear blast)
    Last edited by mmoc421ccedb9d; 2011-12-08 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Because people are still getting accustomed to the idea that we have an "easy mode" now, and that the end boss dying, especially the end boss of an expansion, isn't a big deal anymore. It took me a while to get used to the idea, and to be honest I still don't like it, but I begrudgingly accept why they did it, even though it likely means I won't raid anymore outside of maybe one clean run through LFR or Normal just for the lore experience.

For me, the replay value of raiding drops dramatically once I've cleared past a boss, and redoing it all week after week with nothing to look forward to, but more mechanics than I did a week or so before, just does not draw me in, or spark my competitive drive at all. Sorry just not for me.
    Fun Fact: I haven't killed Madness of Deathwing in LFR yet. I have, however, killed it on normal mode where it was somewhat more of a challenge. Guess what? You can do the same!

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    LFR was a joke, we were actively trying to die during the encounter, while still killing it (so not afking during the cataclysm) the only death we had was because of thrall refusing to apply winds to someone jumping to kill him in p2 and they fell (but we have had that every attempt on progress). This includes my tanking in dps spec and only getting crit once and even then it was something pathetic like half health
    You must not have been trying very hard... anyone can jump off the sides and die instantly.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I get what he's saying. i felt the same way. I don't think he's complaining about difficulty…*if he is, that's useless, go to normal --> go to heroic --> then QQ

ANYWAYS I did it on LFR, I know easy mode…*but, regardless, it took out the feeling of any excitement. Did LFR 8/8 3 times now on different characters, already completely bored. I've done 4/8 N too so I'm not a "n00b" (although someone will come by and say I am).

More or less what I'm saying is I agree with him that KILLING Deathwing felt pathetic. The difficulty was minimal because it was LFR, yes, but for the end of an expansion…*it was SO anti-climatic. It was quite upsetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post

But no one is forcing you do run the raid finder version. Start with the normal version and go from there.

Now I can understand the complaint that normal is too easy now that we have a raid finder version, but remember people, this is the first time there has been an easier then normal version of a raid. This is most likely an experiment by Blizzard to gauge the systems popularity and player reaction. I can totally see them making normal versions of raids harder in the future and upping the difficulty of hard modes even further. Creating a third "easy" version will most likely lead to good things for people looking for challenging raids again. Then again, there will still be people who blow through LFR and then say "raiding is too easymode, I quit." Nothing can be done for those people.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom View Post
    More or less what I'm saying is I agree with him that KILLING Deathwing felt pathetic. The difficulty was minimal because it was LFR, yes, but for the end of an expansion…*it was SO anti-climatic. It was quite upsetting.
    Again, this is like playing God of War on the easiest setting, beating the last boss, and then complaining that there was no challenge. LFR was not created to challenge players. It was created for those players who either; a) Do not care about challenge and just want to see all the content or b) have never raiding because and want to try it out in a setting where they will not get booted 10 seconds in and called a noob. For those players, it is working exactly as intended. The problem is we have all these players who are experienced raiders using it as a tool to get more gear for normal/hard mode raids and complaining that its too easy. It was not made for this reason. In fact, those people are hurting themselves twice by first seeing all the bosses at their easiest setting thus ruining the newness of it all and then over gearing themselves for normal mode and trivializing that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Then you don't understand what immersion means.

I'll try and explain, watch the cataclysm opening video, the one with deathwing coming out the ground, then imagine benny hill suddnly popping up and doing a chase scen with deathwing, then deathwing falls over and dies. And tell me that is good story telling.

Also it makes no financial sense, people tend to quit after they killed last boss, unless there 1 of the top 1000 guilds who care about who kills hard modes first.

15+ Year Old Account
    While we've had a few nice responses, with a starting post like this, the thread will not go far. You're welcome to discuss immersion and stuff like that in a constructive manner, but please don't start out with a trollish post.