Deleted

Stopping the download question

Hey,

I'm currently downloading the client but I would like to stop it so I can go and do my dailies and stuff. I have around 1.6gb until it is fully downloaded. If I stop the download, when I restart it, will it be at 1.6gb remaining or will it completely reset?

I assume it would stay the same, but when I was downloading Aion when it launched, if I closed the download it would start fromt he beginning.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    you'll start from wherever you stopped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its safe and okay to stop the download. It will pick up where it left off. I did this last night myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Hey,

I'm currently downloading the client but I would like to stop it so I can go and do my dailies and stuff. I have around 1.6gb until it is fully downloaded. If I stop the download, when I restart it, will it be at 1.6gb remaining or will it completely reset?

I assume it would stay the same, but when I was downloading Aion when it launched, if I closed the download it would start fromt he beginning.

Cheers.
    You will re-start from wherever you stopped the *download*.

If you stop it during when it says "Installing xxxxx" , you will have to re-download everything again.

The game continues to download while you play, once it hits yellow and allows you to enter the game.
    Sure not everything will be there and sometimes youll hit big blue walls, but it will "download" that area for you first and then go back to whatever it was doing.

Sorry, missing why you would have to stop it =\
    Unless you have a computer/ISP that wont allow you to DL and play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcifal View Post
    The game continues to download while you play, once it hits yellow and allows you to enter the game.
    Sure not everything will be there and sometimes youll hit big blue walls, but it will "download" that area for you first and then go back to whatever it was doing.

Hmmm possibly doesn't know what forums he's in? I don't remember seeing Yellow anywhere on the launcher besides the border.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies everyone Glad I am able to do my dailies now :P

This is SW:TOR forums. Not WoW ^_^.

Because he is talking about the Star Wars: The Old Republic game download, not WoW

Just like everyone said, just close it and when you start back up, you will start from where you left off. No worries