Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shots Fired at Virginia Tech

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-reported-shot

https://twitter.com/#!/virginia_tech/virginia-tech

story just broke, more news on the way supposedly he is being arrested at the moment

Update: they have entered the performance arts building and one man surrendered, another still at large -from there twitter
    Update:students reporting shots fired at Torgersen Hall
    Update: 2 deaths confirmed on the twitter
    Update: things have resumed, they believe there is no more threat. press conference soon, not sure on whether they have caught them.
    Mod Warning: Please keep this thread clean and on-topic. NO sick jokes
    Last edited by Ozzy1346; 2011-12-08 at 09:43 PM.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

A good way to start off the day.

Just read about that.

Always Virgina Tech.

Stay save people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got family who goes there
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, what's in the air at Virginia Tech?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Holy hell what's going on up there

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of glad I decided that college wasn't for me. Being surrounded by gallons of angst on all sides without supervision... But this is derivative. I hope no one else gets hurt, of course.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

It's so weird because the area around Virginia Tech is so quiet and underpopulated. There are always the nicest people living there whenever I happen to be in that area. I would never expect things like this to keep happening there.

Trying to beat the Asian kid's high score.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-12-08 at 07:06 PM.

Situation still unfolding, 2 dead no reports of further injuries
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Must be in a really ghetto neighborhood or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently not a very good college to go to. How many times is that now? If I remember right, I think that's 3 incidents.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2011-12-08 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    Actually no, it's not. It's a very small-town area with an otherwise relatively low crime rate.

Good lord, from that twitter feed, in the midst of all this, with the suspect still at large:

"Now Hiring - Assistant/Associate/Professor - Tenure Track Radiology: The Department of Small A... http://bit.ly/tuOIEl #hokies #highered"

"Now Hiring - Associate Director of Dining Services: applicants for the Associate Director of D... http://bit.ly/rx4DFy #hokies #highered"

Please tell me those people just quit and are safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Good lord, from that twitter feed, in the midst of all this, with the suspect still at large:

"Now Hiring - Assistant/Associate/Professor - Tenure Track Radiology: The Department of Small A... http://bit.ly/tuOIEl #hokies #highered"

"Now Hiring - Associate Director of Dining Services: applicants for the Associate Director of D... http://bit.ly/rx4DFy #hokies #highered"

Please tell me those people just quit and are safe...
    Let's try and be respectful people. This is my college, I'm extremely proud to call myself a Hokie, it's an honor to be able to attend Virginia Tech.

My school is not in the hood, it's a very small community with hardly any crime. It's unfortunate that people keep acting like shootings are only a problem at VT. Wanna take a guess how often armed robberies take place at ODU? Weekly almost. And they don't make the news because it isn't news there, it's commonplace.

I don't know why this is happening again, but it has nothing to do with the school itself, it's some crazy ass kid with a gun. There isn't anything else to it.

I managed to not be on campus when all this occurred so I have no idea what is going on first hand.

I was not making jokes, it was a serious post..I surely hope they would have thought it through a bit more, but they did not. Why do postings for a job in the middle of a school shooting?

Its just a copycat attack years after the fact. Somebody is trying to one up the previous shootings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again? Seriously, what's going on over there? Obviously something wrong is happening.

Deleted
    In gun free zones only people who intend to do harm carry guns

Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    Maybe if it were in Waynesboro... But VT is all the way out by Princeton.